Open'er festival 2017

pete76

Well well, here it goes. Due to the final line up and schedule my planned festival-focused trip changes to a Sopot-beachtime vacation with some concerts in the evening...

Depening on how exhausting the travel time between Sopot and the festival is I even might skip one day or more.

Hi guys,

does anyone one know what's happening with the ticket swaps for a wristband? The Facebook is posting updates but the translation isn't great. I'm here in Gdansk but wanted to go and put my tent up tomorrow (27th) but don't know if I'll be able too? Anyone got better info?

10 hours ago, bintang said:

I have some more questions:

Is it allowed to bring a gopro to the festival?

What about non alcoholic drinks?

Is the area rain proofed or will there be a lot of mudd?

1. I'm not really sure as I saw some people with gopro at the festival area, but I heard it is not allowed. I guess it depends on your hiding skills ;)
2. You cannot bring any drinks to the fesival area.

3. If the rain is heavy, there will definitely be some mud. (take a look at the video from 2012 edition). 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HannahKirby said:

Hi guys,

does anyone one know what's happening with the ticket swaps for a wristband? The Facebook is posting updates but the translation isn't great. I'm here in Gdansk but wanted to go and put my tent up tomorrow (27th) but don't know if I'll be able too? Anyone got better info?

The campsite is open from 12:00 a.m. today and there are points where you can swap your ticket for a wristband if you have a ticket with campsite.

8 hours ago, bintang said:

Traffic is so pathetic here. Stuck in the Bus Shuttle for an hour.Gonna Miss Royal blood because of my retarded Apartment owner.

Same experiense I had.

The shuttle buses are a joke as there is no designated lane for them to drive through.

So they use the same road as all other cars, which keep cutting into their lane anyway. It took me over an hour to get from the city to the site.

The bus was boiling hot too as they do not use aircon for some reason.

The road to the site is jammed and there is only one lane for all traffic. Nuts.

I also never experenced such a low standart of organisation in any big festival I atended.

Plus the way back - no orgenaized line for the huge crowd waiting for the busses.

Any time one gets to the loading point people just push eachother in.

This is an accident waiting to happen.

The site is ok but almost too big.

From tent stage to main stage you have to walk for a good few minuets.

Radiohead gave a tough set with few "hits", crowd was lifeless mostly

what made it harder was the terrible sound. I was  centre stage and not too far back and the bass was so distorted and loud it overwhelmed everything.

At least it did not rain.

Michael kiwanuka was my highlight.

It's also a joke to 

a) announce the timetable one week before the Festival 

B) give Royal Blood on this Overall very Low lineup Standard such an early slot

c) let James Blake co headline the Center stage.

It took me around 90 minutes from Center stage to my Apartment in sopot , this is way too long for this ridiculous Line up.

8 hours ago, bintang said:

It's also a joke to 

a) announce the timetable one week before the Festival 

B) give Royal Blood on this Overall very Low lineup Standard such an early slot

c) let James Blake co headline the Center stage.

It took me around 90 minutes from Center stage to my Apartment in sopot , this is way too long for this ridiculous Line up.

For what it's worth:

a) timetables are generally announced a week before all festivals, in my experience.

B) Royal Blood are not as big on the continent as they are in the UK.

c) James Blake is bigger.

d) No-one forced you to stay in an apartment in Sopot. There is always heavy traffic to and from a festival. It's just how it is.

2 hours ago, Lateralus said:

For what it's worth:

a) timetables are generally announced a week before all festivals, in my experience.

Mad Cool, Glastonbury, Werchter, Roskilde, all of them announced timetables at least one month before

Just heading back home now and thought the festival was good fun. Not sure why everyone above is so negative about it? From blaming cars on the road for traffic (how is that the festivals fault? Leave earlier if you want to catch a band?) to staying a fair distance from the site and whinging it takes ages to get back?

90 quid a ticket, cheap food and drinks in the arena. Decent crowd and some great bands! 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheGoodOldDays said:

Just heading back home now and thought the festival was good fun. Not sure why everyone above is so negative about it? From blaming cars on the road for traffic (how is that the festivals fault? Leave earlier if you want to catch a band?) to staying a fair distance from the site and whinging it takes ages to get back?

90 quid a ticket, cheap food and drinks in the arena. Decent crowd and some great bands! 

Aye, another great year at Open'er for me :)

My only complaint was that The xx and Lorde should've got longer sets - both smashed it though!