Open'er festival 2017

pete76

5 hours ago, Lateralus said:

Does Open'er usually not announce most of its line-up until late? Getting sick of seeing other festivals reveal their nearly-full lineup but still only 17 acts over 4 days here...

It's usually fairly staggered. Should be a big announcement in the next week or so I'd imagine. 

Just now, gregory said:

I know, was just making a joke with a terrible pun.

Soulwaz/2manyDJs would make me happy if added today. Who's everyone else hoping for? 

It was a terrible pun tbh mate! Haha. Actually my hopes for some act that I really like to play Open'er have somewhat diminished with the rather lacklustre previous announcements. Royal Blood was the only one that made me excited. 

I agree, last announcement that excited me was Prophets of Rage. Frank Ocean / ATCQ would be good announcements, would be decent co-headliners with The xx, if there is a co-headliner to come. If today's announcement is something like Lorde, Rag’n’Bone Man, Imagine Dragons, Lumineers I'll be very sad.

3 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

I wouldn't take any notice of the 'clues', they haven't been any indication for other announcements. I'm just hoping for the festival to look more rounded and I'd definitely like a poster! In terms of artists I'd like anyone from Whitney, Frank Ocean, Blossoms, The Lemon Twigs, ATCQ and Kraftwerk

It is weird there isn't a poster still. Whitney is a good shout.

We're expecting more than 1 act today, right? I really like how they made the last announcement, thought it was excellent, seeing each act visually announced 1 by 1 rather than just posting a list. 

5 minutes ago, gregory said:

It is weird there isn't a poster still. Whitney is a good shout.

We're expecting more than 1 act today, right? I really like how they made the last announcement, thought it was excellent, seeing each act visually announced 1 by 1 rather than just posting a list. 

I assume they'll be a bunch of names. Looking forward to it!