Open'er festival 2017

pete76

Just saw that Royal Blood has indicated a 2017 album, which means they'd likely tour as well. Would love for them to play at Open'er but not get the headliner slot, so we could leave that to another heavyweight :D I know, selfish of me. 

Have they played in Poland, or Open'er for that matter, before?

As for the remaining headline slot, besides the earlier touted Arcade Fire and Kings of Leon, I'm hoping for any of The Killers, Kasabian or Biffy Clyro to get it. 

Anyone can provide support towards, or debunk, the possibilities of any of those acts coming?

Royal Blood played in 2014, on the smallest stage (alter stage) and the tent was full of people, that was before their debut album so they weren't that popular back then. I think they're still not big enough to be a headliner, but it would be great to have them before Foo Fighters for example :D

Kasabian played at Open'er in 2015, so it's too early for them to be back – minimum break for such big bands is at least 3 years. However, they may appear on some other Polish festival.

There are rumours that Arctic Monkeys will be touring in Europe in 2017 so who knows :)

The Killers, as well as Kings of Leon, are very probable. I'm still hoping for Arcade Fire, but after Roskilde announced The Weeknd will be the Wednesday headliner, the chances are very low :(

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Notorious J.O.E. said:

Happy new year everyone! Hope it's going to be a great for all. I for sure am looking forward to June 2017 :) 

So random, i was just trying to message you the same but the page wouldn't load! =) 

Happy New Year & Happy New Announcements to all! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So, as far as I can tell, last year in January there were 2 Open'er announcements;

• Friday 22nd Jan: Tame Impala, Caribou, and Vince Staples 
  • Wednesday 27th Jan: At the Drive-In, The Last Shadow Puppets, and LCD Soundsystem (headliner)

& by the end of January there were 15 international acts confirmed.

So hopefully lots of names to come this month :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, seen the same thing. I'm thinking it's got to be The Killers. They were announced as a Spain/portugal exclusive and most festivals have all their headliners sorted. As for mid card, I'd like to see Kraftwerk, Blossoms, Belle and Sebastian, Warpaint, Chance the Rapper and Childish Gambino. Can anyone rule anyone rule any of them out?

6 hours ago, gregory said:

So, as far as I can tell, last year in January there were 2 Open'er announcements;

• Friday 22nd Jan: Tame Impala, Caribou, and Vince Staples 
  • Wednesday 27th Jan: At the Drive-In, The Last Shadow Puppets, and LCD Soundsystem (headliner)

& by the end of January there were 15 international acts confirmed.

So hopefully lots of names to come this month :)

Last few years main boss of festival was a guest on polish radio station on every thursday to announce some acts. This years is different, hard to predict when and who will be announce. TDCC, The 1975 are my guesses, as far as headliner is concerned KOL or The Killers

9 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Last few years main boss of festival was a guest on polish radio station on every thursday to announce some acts. This years is different, hard to predict when and who will be announce. TDCC, The 1975 are my guesses, as far as headliner is concerned KOL or The Killers

1975 played last year, no? Think you're right re headliner; Killers, KoL, or Arcade Fire. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Notorious J.O.E. said:

The Killers are playing Tinderbox in Denmark, which is on June 22-24. KOL are also headliners of that same festival. 

Are we getting closer to knowing our 4th headliner? :D

It's got to be The Killers. I can't imagine they'd leave KOL as their last headliner announcement when they were first announced for festivals back in October. 

9 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

It's got to be The Killers. I can't imagine they'd leave KOL as their last headliner announcement when they were first announced for festivals back in October. 

Yeah, it's got to be between Killers and Arcade Fire now right? Aren't many other possibilities 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 1/13/2017 at 6:48 PM, LiamMcMillen said:

With all the promotion of The XX on the Open'er Facebook page are we assuming they're playing one of the three Alter Art festivals?

I would guess so. There's a gap in their schedule around Open'er and they're in Europe. But they did just play Poland last month so maybe not, but no Open'er set since 2012

With Eurockeennes in Belfort on the same Weekend, and not sooo many other Festivals on this date, may there are a few bands playing both Open'er and Eurockeennes. Eurockeennes so far: Arcade Fire, Justice, Phoenix, Moderat, Iggy Pop, DJ Snake

I think The xx will get announced later after having plaid the shows of the current tour in France. A chance for Alt-J as well.

21 minutes ago, branvan said:

With Eurockeennes in Belfort on the same Weekend, and not sooo many other Festivals on this date, may there are a few bands playing both Open'er and Eurockeennes. Eurockeennes so far: Arcade Fire, Justice, Phoenix, Moderat, Iggy Pop, DJ Snake

I think The xx will get announced later after having plaid the shows of the current tour in France. A chance for Alt-J as well.

Eurockenees this year is a week later, same weekend as Opener - Werchter, Roskilde, bravalla, Volt, Main Square, Garorock, Provinissirock and probably few other ones

As I've already lost my hope for Arcade Fire, I still believe that Iggy Pop will appear, Open'er definitely lacks some 'older' bands and artists. He played RW last year so Open'er doesn't have to compete with them this year. And after yesterday's announcements from Jamiroquai, they are quite likely to play at Open'er (hopefully).

Edited by mln

18 minutes ago, mln said:

As I've already lost my hope for Arcade Fire, I still believe that Iggy Pop will appear, Open'er definitely lacks some 'older' bands and artists. He played RW last year so Open'er doesn't have to compete with them this year. And after yesterday's announcements from Jamiroquai, they are quite likely to play at Open'er (hopefully).

They never really book 'older' acts though so my money is on acts like The xx, Glass Animals, Warpaint etc. Of the recently announced Lollapalooza Paris line up I can see (and am hoping for) Lana Del Rey, New Order and potentially Pixies. I'm still holding out for Arcade Fire too, but it's got to be The Killers hasn't it?