Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

7 minutes ago, kevtamuk said:

Toots and the Maytals - self confirmed for 24th June on their Facebook tour dates.  Yeah West Holts in the sunshine with the rum - bring it on.

Nice spot - tho it isn't something we didn't already know.

Tho it's always good when something confirms the info I've put trust in, cos I never know for sure that it's right until there's something like this to confirm it. 

On Tue Mar 07 2017 at 1:00 PM, dentalplan said:

Similarly someone commented on clashfinder saying Pond's guitarist confirmed to them that they were playing. Also makes sense with the tour dates so I'll believe it.

That'll do, was annoyed I was missing the Manchester show. Dates like that don't always mean they're at the festival annoyingly (I'm looking at you Primus and Ty Segall, you were in the country and everything...) so good to see they'll probably be there.

11 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

I saw Lee 'Scratch' Perry last night and that was a touch bizarre.

he's always bizarre, but the question was: was he good?

He can be absolutely fabulous, and he can be a shambling wreck. 

Actually, there's also a different that should always be asked about Scratch. What were his shoes like? Were they they funkiest shoes you've ever seen, or was he having a Clarks day? :P

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Actually, there's also a different that should always be asked about Scratch. What were his shoes like? Were they they funkiest shoes you've ever seen, or was he having a Clarks day? :P

Heh, I was there too last night too, he was bizarre as always, rambling as always and brilliant! Seemed more drunk than usual, he was definitely enjoying his ginger wine.

Couldn't see his shoes but he was talking about them at one point and made a point of asking if people liked them so I'm guessing they were exciting ones! He's got a new fluffy red hat too. 

Did you catch him a couple of years ago when Mad Professor was touring in support and doing the live mixing/dubs for Scratch? That was amazing, definitely the best I've seen him. 

33 minutes ago, renrutbor said:

Did you catch him a couple of years ago when Mad Professor was touring in support and doing the live mixing/dubs for Scratch? That was amazing, definitely the best I've seen him. 

I've seen him with the Mad Prof at least once ... and it's defo not one I remember as good, but the exact opposite.

He varies a lot, even night to night. 

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Not sure if I'll make it to the Specials/Toots gig in Leeds, so a chance to see them at West Holts would suit me down to the ground.

I saw Lee 'Scratch' Perry last night and that was a touch bizarre.

In a Leeds RLFC tracksuit! Is he a season ticket holder?

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

He was better than I expected - band was tight and he stayed on song for a surprising amount. I Am a Madman sounded fiery.

And they were the funkiest of shoes I've seen in a long time :P

51 minutes ago, renrutbor said:

Heh, I was there too last night too, he was bizarre as always, rambling as always and brilliant! Seemed more drunk than usual, he was definitely enjoying his ginger wine.

Couldn't see his shoes but he was talking about them at one point and made a point of asking if people liked them so I'm guessing they were exciting ones! He's got a new fluffy red hat too. 

Ginger wine was flowing last night and I loved his jacket too. Pac-Man ghosts and ganja - give the man an OBE.

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've seen him with the Mad Prof at least once ... and it's defo not one I remember as good, but the exact opposite.

He varies a lot, even night to night. 

Have heard this. First time last night, with a mate who's seen him six or seven times - he said it was probably the best for a conventional live performance but still a but mad.

Just now, carlosj said:

In a Leeds RLFC tracksuit! Is he a season ticket holder?

As a man whose profession is intrinsically tied to rugby league, I was very happy with it. 78 era I think? Could be wrong. 

Rhinos could do with some Ape man magic after last week against Castleford. Get him in for a motivational team talk.

I thought it said Leeds on his tracksuit but was the opposite side of the stage so couldn't make out the rest. That's pretty cool.

Have enjoyed him every time I've seen him, even on his mad days he's always entertaining!

Really enjoyed the support band too, will be keeping an eye out for them at festivals, Kioko they were called. 

51 minutes ago, renrutbor said:

I thought it said Leeds on his tracksuit but was the opposite side of the stage so couldn't make out the rest. That's pretty cool.

Have enjoyed him every time I've seen him, even on his mad days he's always entertaining!

Really enjoyed the support band too, will be keeping an eye out for them at festivals, Kioko they were called. 

Seconded. Support were bloody fantastic. 

The lads off of Temples 'think' they're playing Glastonbury again. Last paragraph on this.

Some more bandsintown ones have dropped in:

East-African retro pop from Alsarah & the Nubatones.

Ani DiFranco via a listing from her bassist Todd Sickafoose - who won't be sick of Foos by Sunday lol terrible joke.

Finally, future soul, jazz & Afrobeat gang Nubiyan Twist.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, eFestivals said:

you got over-excited at seeing the word 'Glastonbury' again. :P

It says....

Naw I am pretty sure it's just a glitch in the way Bandsintown lists things - it bunches acts together if they're playing the same festival. Looking into it - and I think CalGon will back me up here - it seems that Alsarah is from the other side of Africa to Afriquoi and United Vibrations are a different thing all together so they've no real business being in the same listing. :P

Anyway I've got you a confusion-free confirmation of the same thing from a different source here. :lol:

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Naw I am pretty sure it's just a glitch in the way Bandsintown lists things - it bunches acts together if they're playing the same festival. Looking into it - and I think CalGon will back me up here - it seems that Alsarah is from the other side of Africa to Afriquoi and United Vibrations are a different thing all together so they've no real business being in the same listing. :P

Anyway I've got you a confusion-free confirmation of the same thing from a different source here. :lol:

Doh. That'll teach me. :P