Foo Fighters

Gozpot

49 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Still think Coldplay are a possibility, simply because of their history with the festival and their obvious willingness to do it. The other big names mentioned? No chance. 

Best you can hope for is someone like Elbow.

As much as we critique artists and regulars at Glastonbury on here. Having Elbow open the pyramid one morning would be a lovely treat. 

I mean this is the 50th anniversary of Glastonbury and they’ve got Aerosmith playing a warm up slot.

I really wouldn’t discount Foo Fighters turning up for a secret set if they are in the area and have the entire weekend free. It really isn’t that much of a stretch considering they have done surprise shows throughout their entire career.

For no other reason than that it just popped into my head, what about the song Macca did with Grohl, Smear & Novoselic a few years back?

McCartney / Nirvana appearance? If Grohl's in the picture and with Pat Smear fully active in Foos again, what chance them convincing Krist to get involved for shits and giggles? He's rocked up at Foos shows before.

Edited by Quark

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I fully get that. But the whole band are in Europe, no UK dates, entire weekend free.

It can't be discounted, after Emily's comments last week, anything could happen but I'd say a FF secret set was more likely if they had a UK date. Seems like a bit of effort to get everything across just for a free show at a festival that they don't necessarily have that much of an affinity with. 

I think we'll see secret sets from bands who've had more of a connection with the festival and it's history.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I fully get that. But the whole band are in Europe, no UK dates, entire weekend free.

I don't discount it, and I think given what Emily said we're going to get something on the bill that currently seems really unlikely. Hence my Radiohead shout. If I just had to put money on FF or Dave popping up, I'd just go with Dave. And tbf that in itself would be a big surprise to the average Joe.

I don't see FF as impossible though!

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It can't be discounted, after Emily's comments last week, anything could happen but I'd say a FF secret set was more likely if they had a UK date. Seems like a bit of effort to get everything across just for a free show at a festival that they don't necessarily have that much of an affinity with. 

I think we'll see secret sets from bands who've had more of a connection with the festival and it's history.

Hmm I used to be in the same boat that artists needed a connecting date to come over to glasto. But they’ve just bagged Lana Del Rey to come back from the US specifically to do Glasto. I think the pull of the 50th is probably bigger for acts than we are expecting.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don't discount it, and I think given what Emily said we're going to get something on the bill that currently seems really unlikely. Hence my Radiohead shout. If I just had to put money on FF or Dave popping up, I'd just go with Dave. And tbf that in itself would be a big surprise to the average Joe.

I don't see FF as impossible though!

i’m really confused why FF are in Europe though. From what I can see they’ve announced 3/4 Europe festivals in the days before Glastonbury. This isn’t part of some wider European festival tour it’s a short trip over to Europe. 

Putting a tin foil hat on I wonder if Emily cheekily asked Dave for a secret set at the 50th and they said yeah. A few other festivals caught wind that they were in the area.

40 minutes ago, s30foster said:

So what we're saying is is that Dave Growl, Pat Smear and Kris Novoselic are all going to join Paul McCartney and do a run through of a few Nirvana tracks?! That's what happening right, RIGHT?!

Seed planted....my work here is done :D

Was genuinely just a thought that popped into my head.  If Foos are on tour then both Grohl and Smear are in the right place.  More likely, if anything, that it'll just be Dave turning up to do a guest slot. But it's a nice thought.

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Exactly. This is the band that flew over from the states to play in a tiny Somerset venue haha. 

...to promote/announce themselves as a headliner for a festival they were playing at that year. Now it’s three years later, they’ve ticked Glastonbury off and it’s all behind them. It’s not completely out of the realms of possibility, but their association with the festival is done with now and I don’t think they’ve exactly been vocal about it being any different from any of the other festival headline sets they’ve done, unlike Reading that they seem to hold close to their hearts.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

...to promote/announce themselves as a headliner for a festival they were playing at that year. Now it’s three years later, they’ve ticked Glastonbury off and it’s all behind them. It’s not completely out of the realms of possibility, but their association with the festival is done with now and I don’t think they’ve exactly been vocal about it being any different from any of the other festival headline sets they’ve done, unlike Reading that they seem to hold close to their hearts.

Hmm idk. They did very much enjoy their glasto set and I think Dave does ‘get glasto’.

I know we all speculate and have our arguments but I don’t think the Foos consider Glastonbury done and dusted. They are a band that tour heavily and would always be open to play something again.