Foo Fighters

Gozpot

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

The lack of For All The Cows is one of the all-time worst Glastonbury setlist decisions IMO. Even Kezza P missing out Hot N Cold earlier in the day looked like a good call by comparison.

Yep I was waiting for it all the way through. Silly decision not to play it. Even if it's not one of their most popular tracks I think it would've gone down really well, even just for the comedy factor.

On 6/25/2017 at 0:39 PM, Ed209 said:

Deciding to do a shite cover of Under Pressure but only playing 5 songs from your first three albums is a massive error of judgement 

i dont think there's a single person in the world who would prefer to see Taylor sing under pressure over them ripping through Hey Jonny Park or banging out For all the Cows

we were lucky we only had the one cover thank f**k... as last tour there was at least 4-5 :(

Personally I was in heaven and really enjoyed set until the end, agree a bit less stretching of songs and chat but tbh that's all part of a Foos set - the highlight of the weekend for me :)

I used to be a mega-fan back in't day, but was seriously disappointed.  It wasn't even the setlist.  It was the constant stopping and talking (whilst bragging several times about how long they were going to play for), and the pressing need to make every song epically/soperifically long.  Those are objectively terrible things for any band to try and get away with.  I've  never seen a band filibuster their own set before!

EDIT: Looking at previous shows over the year, I'm really surprised they've always played 17-22 songs a set.  Always thought they were 23-25 songs!

(But in terms of setlist, I can't believe Wheels and Skin & Bones were chosen over Hey JP, Aurora, Breakout, Stacked Actors, Big Me, or For All the Cows, or even those two other new songs they've been playing.)

Edited by fowls

One of the new songs was planned to be played but got taken off the setlist at the last minute for whatever reason. Also it was a last minute decision to have Skin and Bones kill the vibe at the end of the show. 

If only they'd not moved Skin and Bones to the end, and played FATC instead of Under Pressure, it'd have been 10x better. Real shame.

• 2 years later...
On 6/25/2017 at 12:26 AM, aidenlangan95 said:

I watched the first 5 songs, walked away to see Phoenix during the band intros and heard as I was walking up to the end of cold day in the sun and got back for Everlong after Phoenix (who were ridiculously late to start; but another story for another day!) and the crowd really didn't get that much smaller. Obviously smashed it for the 6 songs I was there in full for.

Weirdly, this is exactly what I did. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2019 at 7:31 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Wouldnt surprise me.

I can definitely imagine Dave Grohl turning up with Macca too.

Feel quite confident in this now. Their dates are very suspicious and I just checked the BST forum to see if they are in contention for that. Apparently they aren’t.

They definitely will be in the UK if they are doing some festivals in Europe around the time. I won’t be surprised if they play some surprise shows in the UK (like they have done before) and one will be at Glastonbury. 

I think their dates alone should grant them at least an R on the rumour page.

73DA9D88-1229-4E09-8E61-D2F35AD9E58F.png

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Feel quite confident in this now. Their dates are very suspicious and I just checked the BST forum to see if they are in contention for that. Apparently they aren’t.

They definitely will be in the UK if they are doing some festivals in Europe around the time. I won’t be surprised if they play some surprise shows in the UK (like they have done before) and one will be at Glastonbury. 

I think their dates alone should grant them at least an R on the rumour page.

73DA9D88-1229-4E09-8E61-D2F35AD9E58F.png

After all this time on the forums you still don’t get how the rumours etc work, do you?

Also, this isn’t a goer. I’d be pretty surprised if Foos are there.

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

After all this time on the forums you still don’t get how the rumours etc work, do you?

Also, this isn’t a goer. I’d be pretty surprised if Foos are there.

I would happily bet that they're not there as an announced set. This how 'Coldplay/Foos/Radiohead' surprise sets is getting a bit silly.

I CAN see Dave turning up to do drums for a Macca song though but thats it. 

I'd have loved to have gone to the Valencia date. That venue they're playing looks so cool and has already been in many sci-fi things I've watched, plus I like support act Honeyblood and the greater city is one I'd like to explore. But its all gone already.

But yeah. I honestly thought BST Hyde Park might've been a go-er given no UK show so far but the gap looked too big. Can't see a London show that weekend either due to Green Day's Hella Mega and Kings of Leon both being in town.

Edited by charlierc

28 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I would happily bet that they're not there as an announced set. This how 'Coldplay/Foos/Radiohead' surprise sets is getting a bit silly.

I CAN see Dave turning up to do drums for a Macca song though but thats it. 

Still think Coldplay are a possibility, simply because of their history with the festival and their obvious willingness to do it. The other big names mentioned? No chance. 

Best you can hope for is someone like Elbow.

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Still think Coldplay are a possibility, simply because of their history with the festival and their obvious willingness to do it. The other big names mentioned? No chance. 

Best you can hope for is someone like Elbow.

You seem well informed, obviously you know your Hugh jass from your Elbow😉

• Upvote 3