Foo Fighters

Gozpot

4 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

I don't know if you're aware of the Arcade Fire, Cliff Richard, Chemical Brothers and System of a Down threads that are also bouncing around.

None of those acts are being suggested as a 2017 headliner so that's irrelevant. This particular turn of events has already been discussed at length in that above thread so why not just discuss it there? Just trying to be helpful like. 

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

None of those acts are being suggested as a 2017 headliner so that's irrelevant. This particular turn of events has already been discussed at length in that above thread so why not just discuss it there? Just trying to be helpful like. 

There's gonna need to be a thread to post descending lists of Foos albums, songs and b-sides and preferred setlists, etc. I think man just needed something to open the thread with.

Just now, dentalplan said:

There's gonna need to be a thread to post descending lists of Foos albums, songs and b-sides and preferred setlists, etc. I think man just needed something to open the thread with.

Fair enough. I like the one which starts off slow then breaks into some chug-along dad rock, which Dave makes even more exciting by screaming 'oh yeahhhhhh' right before the drums kick in when they play it live.

11 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Dad rock rules.

Yours

A Dad

My Mum likes them too. Rock music for people who like pop music.

The Fooey bunch should have been booked at least ten years ago, they may still out stadiums but they've gotten less and less exciting with every release this century. It feels too much like a 'they've never done it so let's have them do it' kind of booking, which would be okay if they just played Greatest Hits sets these days and weren't constantly trying to promote new albums nobody is interested in, but that isn't the case.

Maybe it feels lame because it's essentially just a hangover booking from 2015. Let's hope it goes better for them than U2.

Edited by Zac Quinn

I just want a Pyramid headliner i can go along and enjoy, I'm not a big Foo Fighters fan but they'd do the job. There's plenty I'd rather see but none of them seem likely so i'm nailing my colours to Dave and the lads mast until at least tomorrow.

I must be one of the few that really want them to headline. Not the biggest fan in the world but would still love to see them on the Pyramid and by the looks of thing they might be my only Pyramid headliner. 

When they were announced last time round was it received well?