"Maybe The Kinks could play Glastonbury

Huckleberry Finn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Badlands said:

Watched the vast majority of the match and still managed to get across to see practically all of Ray's set. What a show that was. Hardly a dry eye in the field during Days.

Yeah I did the same, gave up on the match when it became clear what was happening and managed to get down for just about the start of Ray, what a set that was to cheer me up!!

Shame this rumour was bollocks, would be good, I think Sub /3rd on Sunday would work out better than a headline set for some reason.

Just now, LondonTom said:

Yeah I did the same, gave up on the match when it became clear what was happening and managed to get down for just about the start of Ray, what a set that was to cheer me up!!

Shame this rumour was bollocks, would be good, I think Sub /3rd on Sunday would work out better than a headline set for some reason.

although the members would probably feel differently and feel like they deserve to headline, a sub slot seems a far better fit for me. pretty much a no-go at this point for next year i'd imagine (unless it's already been in the works before the interview), but if they still feel the same way about wanting to do it in 2019 then make it happen!

https://www.facebook.com/TheKinksOfficial/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

"Ray Davies was misquoted at the recent Q awards. Both Ray and Dave have solo albums coming out next year and have no plans to re-unite in the immediate future." 

From The Kinks Facebook page, I can only guess this puts any hope of them playing on the back burner.

• 7 months later...
On 05/11/2016 at 1:37 PM, ghostdancer1 said:

not sure they really have the songs either.

stuck on a Best Of after this thread and bar the 4 songs I already knew (Waterloo Sunset, Sunny Afternoon, You Really Got Me, Lola), I didn't recognise any others. they were all extremely same-y too.

But like Syd Barrett, Ray Davies has his distinct style which could be labelled  same-y,  especially if not 'your bag',  but both have turned out original and wonderful songs. And both go into my top 10 song writers along with Dylan. Others?