Really dodgy pop up on mobile

Jamie D

Hi, just tried to click on one of your ads and my virus protection told me the site wasn't safe.

Not techie enough to know if this is just those out of date certificates problems, but don't usually have this pop up.

Edited by feral chile

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, feral chile said:

Hi, just tried to click on one of your ads and my virus protection told me the site wasn't safe.

Not techie enough to know if this is just those out of date certificates problems, but don't usually have this pop up.

Like you say, not a problem that usually happens. Do you know what the ad was, and was the 'unsafe' because of a virus or because of a security certificate issue?

If it was a dodgy ad I think it's likely it'll be quickly discovered and pulled (they're much better at killing bad ads now), although because you mention 'certificates' (presumably a security certificate?) it's making me think it might be something caused by your computer set-up. Are you using an up-to-date operating system &/or web-browser?

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Like you say, not a problem that usually happens. Do you know what the ad was, and was the 'unsafe' because of a virus or because of a security certificate issue?

If it was a dodgy ad I think it's likely it'll be quickly discovered and pulled (they're much better at killing bad ads now), although because you mention 'certificates' (presumably a security certificate?) it's making me think it might be something caused by your computer set-up. Are you using an up-to-date operating system &/or web-browser?

It was about teacher training, from the Welsh Government.

1 hour ago, feral chile said:

It was about teacher training, from the Welsh Government.

So very unlikely to be a dodgy ad.

Which brings things back round to your set-up. Are you using an up-to-date operating system &/or web-browser? If not, it's probably the case that what you're using doesn't support all modern security standards.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So very unlikely to be a dodgy ad.

Which brings things back round to your set-up. Are you using an up-to-date operating system &/or web-browser? If not, it's probably the case that what you're using doesn't support all modern security standards.

I think so, but it's a samsung phone so its updates sometimes cause issues. If it was  my old kindle fire I'd have ignored it.

Edited by feral chile

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I haven’t had the chance to read this whole forum but I keep getting a pop up and I’ve had it 8 times (and had to edit this every time ?) since trying to type this one message, I don’t get it on any other websites and it kills it completely then I have to open a new tab. I have adblocker on but clearly doesnt help. 

DE6BDEEA-8338-4D7C-A0A8-5A59F8E200F2.png

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...