Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jamie D

Really dodgy pop up on mobile

Recommended Posts

I know this has happened before but just now I got a very dodgy popup while browsing efests on my mobile (Nexus 6 / Chrome / Tesco Mobile)....

Screenshot_20161104-175338.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for letting me know, and my apologies for not having seen these posts till now.

In the time since your posts I've been informed that an issue like this was found and shut down, so hopefully that's the end of the issue for now.

But these keep cropping up, so please do let me know if it happens so they can be found and removed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still happening @eFestivals

 

URL is bjpbiqr.top and derivatives of that. Chrome on a Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 6.0.1. Redirects you and tells you "you're the lucky winner!"  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Still happening @eFestivals

Yep, its Sunday, chances of it being dealt with today are slim. peeps have been happy to put up with it for days without complaint, so they may have to put up with it for longer as a part of that previous choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe this issue was addressed at around the time of my post yesterday.

If it's still happening please let me know by posting here, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I believe this issue was addressed at around the time of my post yesterday.

If it's still happening please let me know by posting here, thanks.

Has been absolutely fine today - cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Has been absolutely fine today - cheers.

That's good to know, thanks.

Please make sure you post to let me know if it happens again, as I can only stop it happening if I know there's a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2016 at 1:10 PM, eFestivals said:

That's good to know, thanks.

Please make sure you post to let me know if it happens again, as I can only stop it happening if I know there's a problem.

Hiya Neil, seems to be happening again but a lot less frequently than before. The sites are all similar to http://offers.priminate.com/ . Thank you! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tuna said:

Hiya Neil, seems to be happening again but a lot less frequently than before. The sites are all similar to http://offers.priminate.com/ . Thank you! :)

Thanks. I've just reported it, and told them to change the set-up so this shouldn't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Thanks. I've just reported it, and told them to change the set-up so this shouldn't happen.

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @eFestivals 

didnt want to start a new thread but am currently occasionally getting these (hopefully pics upload) when trying to access the forums on mobile. Happening on both wifi (BT) and 4G (Tesco). I'm using Safari on an iPhone 5C. 

 

IMG_1854.PNG

IMG_1855.PNG

IMG_1856.PNG

IMG_1857.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks. I've just raised this with ad-house, again.

Unfortunately, they can only get shut till they come back via a different route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

damn. Not had a report of these for a while. :(

I'll get it jumped on today, thanks for letting me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

damn. Not had a report of these for a while. :(

I'll get it jumped on today, thanks for letting me know.

No problem, been meaning to let you know for a little while just wasn't sure if you'd be around much over xmas. Seems to have been really prominent over that period.

 

Looking at the last post about this, it has indeed been a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had one on the mac and don't know what to do could you advise? Today around 9PM. Don't get why. Also had one on my phone and easily deleted that through the browser. 

Regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Had one on the mac and don't know what to do could you advise? Today around 9PM. Don't get why. Also had one on my phone and easily deleted that through the browser. 

Regards.

it's nothing to worry about, apart from the inconvenience. It's purely one advert carrying a hidden link to open another advert.

I can get the guilty ads tracked down and blocked, but to do that I need the time it happened, the IP address being used at the time, and also your device type and browser type - but without specific info it's exceeding hard to stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Just got a new one on mobile I hadnt seen before

hi Matty

I've raised this with the ad-house and they're suggesting it might be a caching issue on your device (as they believe they've already killed off that problem).

Please go to Settings > Apps > Chrome > Storage > Clear Cache.

hopefully that'll sort the problems you've experienced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

hi Matty

I've raised this with the ad-house and they're suggesting it might be a caching issue on your device (as they believe they've already killed off that problem).

Please go to Settings > Apps > Chrome > Storage > Clear Cache.

hopefully that'll sort the problems you've experienced.

Nope still getting them unfortunately. I seem to go through a whole day without getting any and then I'll go for about an hour getting one on every thread I click on....

Maybe its just an android thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, 

Cleared cache.

Deleted and reinstalled the app.

Cleared browser cache (and also any temporary internet files/ history)

And im still getting these. 

Seems to be a pain between 3pm and 1930, anywhere outside this it's fine. (Its not constant between those times either, it's normally in 20-30min stints where i physically can't use the app and need to come back)

Im on Android, S7 edge+. Impacting both App and through Chrome.

 

Screenshot_20180111-185215.png

Screenshot_20180111-185511.png

Screenshot_20180111-185306.png

Edited by Hawky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOBODY IS SAFE. 

IT'S PAST 19:30 AND I GOT GOT. 

HIDE YOU KIDS, HIDE YOUR WIFE.

Screenshot_20180111-233236.png

Screenshot_20180111-233810.png

Edited by Hawky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×