Boomtown Fair 2017

Jamieyorkshire

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

:lol: Reckon I'll be the one that's pretty fucked by the regular climb out of the bowl by the Monday given that I'm 44 and the average age of Boomtown punters is, what, 24 or something like that?

I'm 40, let's have an old people's get together! Or is that the efests meet? ;) 

11 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I'm 40, let's have an old people's get together! Or is that the efests meet? ;) 

YAH BOO SUCKS

No it's kinda true. I'll be 41 :( there are a load of younger efesters though, maybe less vocal on the boards but they read it still and a few of them turned up last year, we're far from all old gits.

The average age at Boomtown seems to have gone up a lot, nearer 30 now I think

21 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Tommy!!! Hello! I'm getting excited for this, but nervous too! Haha! 

Is there an efests meet planned? :)

Wooohooooo Lucy Looooooooooo!

same here man! heard it an amazing festival with a twang of the wild times of Glastonbury in the 90s which made me drool as i missed them days, You are more than welcome to take my number if you feel nervous when there mate, not sure if you are goin solo or not but ill PM you it just incase :thumbsu:

The lineup appeals to me more than glasto aswell so i gotta say me lil mate i am well an truly feckin stoked for this :D

traffic and queues permitting ill deffo get over to the bad apple bar to see you and Dee and whoever else is there, be feckin great to meet you and see Dee while not so walloped haha

8 more sleeps lar! :drinks:

Met Office Latest:

The overall picture across the UK showed July was a wet month, receiving 22% more than the July average rainfall. Northern Ireland experienced the most rainfall with 113.1mm, 39% above its monthly average.

Hampshire received 118% more than its average rainfall for the month.

This summer’s changeable weather looks likely to last into the weekend with showers or longer spells of rain mixed with drier weather and some sunshine, the Met Office said.

Next week high pressure is likely to build from the south and should bring more settled, drier weather, although there may still be some showers at times, particularly for northern parts of the UK.

Here's hoping....

I intend on heading to the meet up, I briefly met @deebeedoobee at the Glasto meet up (you kindly allocated me a sticker but I didn't want to intrude on your conversations too much) so hopefully I'll be able to locate you all!

First Boom for me so will be nice to share excitement with some newbies and some more experienced efesters

32 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

OOOOH that's so very exciting - you're going to love it tommywillo!

To nab one of their page's posts....

Who's excited to see what's gonna replace this?

Image may contain: night, crowd, fireworks and outdoor

Wow they are gonna replace that!!

I just wet my pants and i don`t think its weeeeeeee! :sorry:

Seriosuly though Frostypaw that looks mindblowing and i cant wait to see it,  I`m most looking forward to seeing the Lions den and the bowl its in while a headliner smahes it and ha ving my tiny mind blown by all the beautiful immersive stuff they have going on.

Hey. I just posted on another page about going to the festival alone (thanks Paul for your reply). Looks like this page is a bit more lively so thought I'd say hi. :)

This will be my first Boomtown and my first time going alone to a festival so I'm a bit nervous but mostly really excited! I'll definitely come to the meet-up but was also wondering if I could join a camping group too? I'm a nice lass from the North East and I come with my own tent and booze. :D

39 minutes ago, tommywillo said:

Wow they are gonna replace that!!

I just wet my pants and i don`t think its weeeeeeee! :sorry:

This pretty much sums up my feelings about this year - with that and what appears to be a much deeper commitment to the already fab street theatre/theming/alternate reality playing stuff I'm bracing for some more moments of genuine hysterics at the madness of it all.

Dare I say it the weather looks like it'll be good too

26 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

This pretty much sums up my feelings about this year - with that and what appears to be a much deeper commitment to the already fab street theatre/theming/alternate reality playing stuff I'm bracing for some more moments of genuine hysterics at the madness of it all.

Dare I say it the weather looks like it'll be good too

Hysterics possibly provided by me!! :) 

24 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Arghhh! You've fated it now mate ;)

Yes, you know the rules! Actually do the NFR NFC rules count for Boomtown too?! 

55 minutes ago, Lexitron said:

Hey. I just posted on another page about going to the festival alone (thanks Paul for your reply). Looks like this page is a bit more lively so thought I'd say hi. :)

This will be my first Boomtown and my first time going alone to a festival so I'm a bit nervous but mostly really excited! I'll definitely come to the meet-up but was also wondering if I could join a camping group too? I'm a nice lass from the North East and I come with my own tent and booze. :D

Hello! 

My first one too so I'm not sure where we're camping but we're going with a friend and their friends as guides! 

Have you tired the Facebook page for camping groups? Sorry I can't offer more than that really as I'm not sure what I'm doing!!! 

20 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

You are all whippersnappers...wait to you get to my age!

looking forward to chatting to you @Tommy101 and everyone else. 

oh and wait until you see these stages up and running

boomtown.jpg

13923576_10210712000822883_6745670356392319266_o.jpg

13923880_10210711997182792_6457601608158924194_o.jpg

13988137_10210712000742881_187731211168818223_o.jpg

Please, please, please can we have them blue skys! :smoke: The Lions den picture is gorgeous.

It`s only a number and from what i remember of you Dee you was full of love and life and would give most of us/them whippersnappers a run for our/their money in anything we/they do (i`m 36, don`t feel a day over 21).

Cannot wait!

14 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Hello! 

My first one too so I'm not sure where we're camping but we're going with a friend and their friends as guides! 

Have you tired the Facebook page for camping groups? Sorry I can't offer more than that really as I'm not sure what I'm doing!!! 

Ah no that's fine; feels a bit weird asking if I can tag along with people. Haha. Thanks for the tip on the FB group. I might just put a shout out up there too. :)

1 minute ago, Lexitron said:

Ah no that's fine; feels a bit weird asking if I can tag along with people. Haha. Thanks for the tip on the FB group. I might just put a shout out up there too. :)

Don't feel weird!! Efests is a great community, get stuck in and ask away! :) You might find a group of solo campers that can all meet up, you never know! 

46 minutes ago, tommywillo said:

Please, please, please can we have them blue skys! :smoke: The Lions den picture is gorgeous.

It`s only a number and from what i remember of you Dee you was full of love and life and would give most of us/them whippersnappers a run for our/their money in anything we/they do (i`m 36, don`t feel a day over 21).

Cannot wait!

Last year's weather was awesome. If only we could have that again this year.

i live by the saying "you have to grow old, you don't have to grow up"

although a few years ago when Boomtown had a very young demographic they thought I was either a dealer or undercover copper. Had a great time winding up the yuof