Boomtown Fair 2017

Jamieyorkshire

Can some experienced Boomtowners offer an experienced Boomtown opinion?

I'd like to drum up support for our fest group to go to Boomtown for the first time, the place looks GREAT - but I'm wondering if the music might be end-up being a sticking point. Daytime won't be a problem, a mix of anything and everything will be great, but I know most of our group will want to end in the small hours with something house-y (whether it be tech, dirty, hard, deep etc etc whatever). 

I've looked at all the venues and their general music policy - but 'house' seems to be a dirty unspoken word! 

Is there any to be had?

Thanks to anyone who can offer an opinion..!

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:52 AM, Corman said:

Can some experienced Boomtowners offer an experienced Boomtown opinion?

I'd like to drum up support for our fest group to go to Boomtown for the first time, the place looks GREAT - but I'm wondering if the music might be end-up being a sticking point. Daytime won't be a problem, a mix of anything and everything will be great, but I know most of our group will want to end in the small hours with something house-y (whether it be tech, dirty, hard, deep etc etc whatever). 

I've looked at all the venues and their general music policy - but 'house' seems to be a dirty unspoken word! 

Is there any to be had?

Thanks to anyone who can offer an opinion..!

It's the least supported dance genre, however, the Vamos stage has the following confirmed to play;-

Ben UFO & Mr Scruff & Joy Orbison

Boddika

Booka Shade

Boys Noize

Carl Craig

Dave Clarke

Dusky

House Gospel Choir

Monki

Solardo

I would expect to see more house dj's added and you'll have lots of bassline house all around the site.

Just go, you'll love it!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Do they usually announce stage times before the festival? 

Just came here to ask the same thing given the post from @eFestivals saying the line up is complete! I've taken a real leap in the dark with regards to the line up as I'm only really familiar with around 10 of the acts on it, and just going on the recommendations of Neil and others, and the fact it looks pretty crazy.

8 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Just came here to ask the same thing given the post from @eFestivals saying the line up is complete! I've taken a real leap in the dark with regards to the line up as I'm only really familiar with around 10 of the acts on it, and just going on the recommendations of Neil and others, and the fact it looks pretty crazy.

I reckon you shouldn't research too much and should just go with the flow - that way you get the maximum craziness out of the craziness. :P

Just looking back on what efestivals (tho not me personally) has put on the line-up page each year, it looks like there's been at-least-some day information in some previous years.

I suspect there was more info available than was used by efestivals, and the reason for only some of it being there is laziness/tediousness/busy-ness - cos for a line-up of that size it's a big task to properly sort out.

But I do know from when I've been going myself and wanting to know the Lion's Den opening act, that if day info is available, it's only available very close to the date of the festival. 

I loved Boomtown last time I went and feel like I'm long overdue and have been planning for months so will be purchasing my ticket on payday! 

Unfortunately lack of hols from work mean I am having a stunted trip (travelling down Friday night)... anybody done this before and have any advice? I am only travelling from Manchester and have friends going down earlier that I can set up camp with.... 

Edited by Sallyjk
Spelling

14 hours ago, Sallyjk said:

I loved Boomtown last time I went and feel like I'm long overdue and have been planning for months so will be purchasing my ticket on payday! 

Unfortunately lack of hols from work mean I am having a stunted trip (travelling down Friday night)... anybody done this before and have any advice? I am only travelling from Manchester and have friends going down earlier that I can set up camp with.... 

Yep, I tend to do this as work on the Friday usually. I actually really like doing it this way. You get straight in and everything is going bonkers from the moment you arrive so can fully get involved!

• 3 weeks later...

Our first Boomtown (very ancient Glastonbury goers, didn't get tickets this year, Boomtown really took the edge off the pain! In fact we didn't even try in the resale as couldn't really afford that on top of Boomtown - which we'd already bought by then).

Anyways, it says the site opens at midday on Thursday. I was just wondering if campervans should get their earlier (like at Glastonbury where you can arrive the night before) or if that's the time for everyone? 

On 23/05/2017 at 8:41 PM, pouxin said:

Anyways, it says the site opens at midday on Thursday. I was just wondering if campervans should get their earlier (like at Glastonbury where you can arrive the night before) or if that's the time for everyone? 

Can't say I've arrived early in 4 yrs but last yr we turned up at CV (having stayed near ish at a campsite)  about 12 to wait a long time in a field. Police weren't letting anyone in until THEY were ready for searches. Some people got searched extensively. 

(The roads are tiny so I presume you can get into this search field the night before)

Those there early went to a CV Area near sector 6 then us later in went near lions den/ kids town. Both sites were uphill and inside the fence so it didn't matter too much. 

BUT they have moved campers every time we've been there so who knows. 

(

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 3:37 PM, eFestivals said:

last shout for boomtown - they're just about sold out.

They've only got tickets with coach travel left, and I'm guessing those won't last long now.

https://ww2.theticketsellers.co.uk/boomtown-2017/

I have 1 Tier 3 for sale at the original £212 price.
Just got me an Artist ticket and don't need the Tier 3 anymore.

So went to buy my ticket at the weekend now I've been paid and it's sold out! I'm such an idiot!!!!!

Anyone know of any legit websites where people have had to cancel that I can investigate? Or anyone know any contacts to be put on a waiting list for any cancellations? 

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

13 hours ago, Sallyjk said:

So went to buy my ticket at the weekend now I've been paid and it's sold out! I'm such an idiot!!!!!

Anyone know of any legit websites where people have had to cancel that I can investigate? Or anyone know any contacts to be put on a waiting list for any cancellations? 

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

http://scarletmist.com/ is worth a go - it prevents inflated prices. Other than that I'd keep an eye on here and on the official facebook event pages. As far as I'm aware these are as 'legit' as you can get but none come 100% risk free.

Alright all! So my nephew wants to go to Boomtown with his mates, he's 17 and they're all 18. I'm also going to Boomtown (separately) and am 28. Is there any way he's going to get into the festival? The website says the guardian needs to be 30+ but don't know if that's enforced?