Download Festival France 2017

herrbap

So they have changed the location and it's a wonderful idea. I know the "Base Aérienne de Brétigny-sur-Orge" and it's a fantastic place for a festival. Last year Download Festival had problems with the organisation, because the Hippodrome de Longchamps is not so big and the streets to enter in are not broad. The new place will be easy for organization. It should be way better than the previous edition. It's not a military base anymore since 2012, and now there is space... I don't know how many tickets will be sold, but probably more than last years, because we can put a lot of people here, and there is a possibility to create several campsites.

Out of interest, does anyone know how easy it would be to get to Base Aérienne de Brétigny-sur-Orge from central Paris?

6 hours ago, PastCaring said:

Out of interest, does anyone know how easy it would be to get to Base Aérienne de Brétigny-sur-Orge from central Paris?

Easy, it depends on where you're starting point is but it's on RER C. For exemple here, I'm writing to you from my university, the station is Jussieu; I'd take only 35min to go to Bretigny-sur-Orge. If you are anywhere in Paris you can't take more than an hour to go to Bretigny.

On 11/4/2016 at 4:40 PM, Tremousse said:

Easy, it depends on where you're starting point is but it's on RER C. For exemple here, I'm writing to you from my university, the station is Jussieu; I'd take only 35min to go to Bretigny-sur-Orge. If you are anywhere in Paris you can't take more than an hour to go to Bretigny.

Good to hear, looking at heading out to this as opposed to the UK download and was looking at hotels in Paris to save camping! 

Green Day as well would be fantastic.

58 minutes ago, the_arsonist said:

Yeah us too, want to see SOAD and was going to go to BST for Green Day but this makes far more sense now.

Added to the fact I'm seeing Biffy in Dec and couldn't give a toss about Aerosmith it's pretty much a no brainer

Very similar position for myself.

Saw Biffy at Reading and next month.

SoaD are the main pull at both but France save me buying a BST ticket for Green Day plus I get to see Linkin Park and Blink as apposed to Aerosmith who I'm not too fussed about.

Provided the Undercard is strong there's a very good chance I'll ditch DL UK for France.

Edited by Gozpot

• 2 weeks later...

Never been to a festival on the mainland before, looking for some information on the type of food stalls available!

Looking at going with a friend who can't eat certain foods (mostly gluten based but also others) - he get's on ok at UK festivals due to there being food stalls that do fish and chips, or roast dinner type foods.  does anyone know what kind of food stalls there are likely to be at a mainland europe festival? i'm guessing fish n chips and roast stalls not likely to be there!

thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...