throdd

We've managed to book a 12ft 4-man yurt in Worthy View for next year (2017). Can someone who's stayed in one before give me the lowdown? What's included, is there a central pole, is there any bedding, space between/around yurts etc. 

This will be Glastonbury #5 but first at WV. Will be nice to not have to be there when the doors open on Wednesday morning!

Any and all advice and info much appreciated!

Stayed in a two person yurt last year so I have a bit of info.

Don't remember a central pole.  No to bedding.  Space around yurts is very comfortable i.e. not cramped and they're in rows.  They locked up i.e. had a key for the wooden door (but any valuables of course still put in official lockups).

Overal they are great, but only downside is they're a good walk from the showers / toilets and therefore also the hill of death 2 and entrance into the festival.  So once you're out for the day, you're out.

As you well know, distance is all relative at Glastonbury, so a bit of a walk up the HOD and to the toilets doesn't bother us really. And we tend to go out for the day, then refuel the rucksack about 5pm and head out for the night. So a walk up the hill won't be too bad... famous last words!

How about things like camping chairs? Presumably there's room for people to just sit out front having a brew/beer when the weather is good?

2 hours ago, throdd said:

As you well know, distance is all relative at Glastonbury, so a bit of a walk up the HOD and to the toilets doesn't bother us really. And we tend to go out for the day, then refuel the rucksack about 5pm and head out for the night. So a walk up the hill won't be too bad... famous last words!

How about things like camping chairs? Presumably there's room for people to just sit out front having a brew/beer when the weather is good?

It's a long trek to come back, we leave evening supplies in a lock up and stay out for the day. Plenty of room for chairs/stoves etc. If sane as last year you will be nearest the entrance/car park so quieter but furthest away from Pennard gate And main site 

Thanks all for the replies. 

I'm not too worried about being far from the entry gate, in some ways I'd rather be closer to the car park. After many years of The Haul into the main site, it'll feel more like Beautiful Days!

Nice advice on the lockups too. Are there some at the bottom of the hill? I've not been for a few years and I know they move them around. I like the idea of leaving a crate of booze and some chairs down there for evening festivities :)

Do you reckon you can fit two blow-up beds in a 12ft yurt then?

5 hours ago, throdd said:

Thanks all for the replies. 

I'm not too worried about being far from the entry gate, in some ways I'd rather be closer to the car park. After many years of The Haul into the main site, it'll feel more like Beautiful Days!

Nice advice on the lockups too. Are there some at the bottom of the hill? I've not been for a few years and I know they move them around. I like the idea of leaving a crate of booze and some chairs down there for evening festivities :)

Do you reckon you can fit two blow-up beds in a 12ft yurt then?

There are some at the top of Pennards although I find it more useful to use one that's a bit more central. 

Singles yes, doubles probably more of a squeeze!