Worthy View resale?

jdawg

Hi all, apologies if this question has been and gone before, I did a quick scan but didn't see anything. So myself and my other chums have just managed to bag some Worthy View tents, we have 6 total spaces for 6 people so no extra capacity. We have another friend who is looking to get a glasto ticket in the April resale, and assuming she does, we can't currently fit her in so would need 'upgrade' one of our worthy view tents. I'd imagine that WV will long be sold out by then, but do worthy view camping options tend to come up for resale if there are cancellations?

I guess ideally what we'd be looking to do is if she gets a festival ticket, cancel our 2-man and get a 4-man. Has anyone done something similar?

16 minutes ago, jdawg said:

Hi all, apologies if this question has been and gone before, I did a quick scan but didn't see anything. So myself and my other chums have just managed to bag some Worthy View tents, we have 6 total spaces for 6 people so no extra capacity. We have another friend who is looking to get a glasto ticket in the April resale, and assuming she does, we can't currently fit her in so would need 'upgrade' one of our worthy view tents. I'd imagine that WV will long be sold out by then, but do worthy view camping options tend to come up for resale if there are cancellations?

I guess ideally what we'd be looking to do is if she gets a festival ticket, cancel our 2-man and get a 4-man. Has anyone done something similar?

Yes, I did it last year.

They just become available if and when someone cancels.

I changed from a 2 man to a 4 man a few months after the initial sale.

Just lost the deposit on the 2 man tent

I haven't but the both the two and four man tents went on sale regularly throughout the year last year - you have to keep an eye out because they're not announced.  Assuming this year is the same, you could buy another under your registration number (you could book two on one reg last year.  Only issue with getting a four man - again if it' she same as last year - is that they will only put groups together if they have the same type of tent. 

Thanks for your quick replies! We're already settling for a split group because we already have two different types of tent so far, so we're not too worried on that front. It sounds like it's definitely possible to solve my potential quandry then, I guess I'll have to get into a daily routine of checking seetickets!

16 minutes ago, jdawg said:

Thanks for your quick replies! We're already settling for a split group because we already have two different types of tent so far, so we're not too worried on that front. It sounds like it's definitely possible to solve my potential quandry then, I guess I'll have to get into a daily routine of checking seetickets!

yep just keep checking.. especially after the resale as a lot will become available.

When I was checking last year scout tents appeared quite often. 

Good Luck :)