Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

What's the choice of beer @Trufflehound ? I'm guessing Heineken.

As has been said, AB InBev run the drinks show, so it's Jupiler rather than Heineken.

In 2015 they had a floating bar on the lake with a bigger choice of beers and real glasses, but they didn't do that this year. Too much security faff I guess.

Edited by Trufflehound

6 minutes ago, rawaudioinput said:

How long do we reckon weekend camping tickets are going to hang about for? Until next week? Until tomorrow afternoon?

Hard to tell. Right now the main run is on the Sunday tickets. A lot of resellers are already offering Sunday tickets up from 150 Euro. That's about the price of a weekendticket without camping. Therefore the next selling out tickets will probably be the weekend tickets without camping.

In the past the weekendtickets never sold out early (if at all) - but Radiohead and Arcade Fire will give sales a massive boost.

Got weekend camping tickets!

Me and three friends integrating it into a trip to Amsterdam either before / after for a bit over a week after a long drive from Scotland. 

Hows the camping? Got a friend coming who's a nervous camper. Doesn't sleep. Ends up hating it really anxious. But he's used to 80k uk fests. 

Radiohead and Arcade Fire are great headliners. Although saw them both at Nos last here. Friends didn't though! 

Flaming lips, the xx, alt j. All easy guesses that sound great so far for a light third headliner after these first two huge ones. 

53 minutes ago, zahidf said:

For people who have been before:

Does it get muddy?

When does the campsite open?

Are the food prices reasonable?

1.) Obviously it depends on the weather... :) It doesn't get too muddy compared to other festivals because a lot of the footwalks are on solid ground. When rain hits hard they kind of do everything to keep the ground in an accebtable state. They pump water and pour stuff like sand and straw. You can bring rubber boots, but don't really need to. I have always slept in a bungalow, but never heard of flooded campingsites at BKS.

2.) I think on Friday around 10 AM.

3.) I'd say it's a little bit more expensive than regular festival food, but usually of WAY better quality. You can get everything from fries, vegan, burgers to oysters. I'd say 7 to 8 Euro is the average price of a dish.

Edited by mellowmaniac

1 hour ago, mellowmaniac said:

1.) Obviously it depends on the weather... :) It doesn't get too muddy compared to other festivals because a lot of the footwalks are on solid ground. When rain hits hard they kind of do everything to keep the ground in an accebtable state. They pump water and pour stuff like sand and straw. You can bring rubber boots, but don't really need to. I have always slept in a bungalow, but never heard of flooded campingsites at BKS.

2.) I think on Friday around 10 AM.

3.) I'd say it's a little bit more expensive than regular festival food, but usually of WAY better quality. You can get everything from fries, vegan, burgers to oysters. I'd say 7 to 8 Euro is the average price of a dish.

cool, thanks. Ill have to have a think about when to fly down from the UK then. Maybe ill come down on the Thurs and stay a night in a town close to Tillburg

I've been for the last three years this year was the first year that it rained .It got pretty muddy but the soil is very sandy so it's more like walking on a very wet Beach rather than the kind of mud you get at Glastonbury! Foods a bit pricey but good quality ( you should try the bitterballen ). I recommend Breda if you want to stay in a city nearby !

44 minutes ago, spudling said:

I've been for the last three years this year was the first year that it rained .It got pretty muddy but the soil is very sandy so it's more like walking on a very wet Beach rather than the kind of mud you get at Glastonbury! Foods a bit pricey but good quality ( you should try the bitterballen ). I recommend Breda if you want to stay in a city nearby !

cool i might look that up for the thursday night. Dont want to travel on a music night!

3 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Marilyn Manson has just announced two italian dates in july.

Possibly third headliner? I'd like him very much but I think he doesn't fit well for BKS (too expensive? Too heavy? Too mainstream?)

Let's see :) 

Marilyn Manson seems very unrealistic. Doesn't really fit to all other headliner (or co-headliner) they ever had.

My guess for the third headliner is The XX and I expect Run The Jewels to be confirmed. Fleet Foxes could be a good co-headliner.

42 minutes ago, rawaudioinput said:

Anyone think there's a chance of Justice performing? A run of The xx followed by Justice on the Friday would start the weekend off with a bang

Got to be in with a shout. Very good chance they'll play Primavera and the 2 festivals share a lot of bands. Was discussing last night that something a bit on the dance side of things would be a great start to the festival. Underworld, Royksopp, Soulwax, that kind of thing.

I don't think too much should be read into the budget. If all tickets sold it would be around 4 million euros which isn't too shabby at all, plus all the extras such as beer sales etc. It wouldn't surprise me if the 3rd headliner is also someone pretty big. 

Flaming Lips, Fleet Foxes, Phoenix, Run the Jewels, Warpaint and Moderat will all be in the mix and maybe Digitalism. Hard to predict who else as not many of the more alternative/indie fests around that time have announced anything yet.   

Amazed its not sold out yet.