Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, rawaudioinput said:

Girl Band have just cancelled every upcoming date this year due to health issues, meaning they're at BKS no more

Right shame, they were one of the acts on the undercard I was looking forward to the most

Shame, I was looking forward to seeing them too. I'm told it isn't the first time they've done this as well.

This'll be the first time I've been to this Festival and am curious about a few things. To those in the know, when will the actual times for the shows be announced?  Typically, what time does the headliner play and overall how long does music go until? What things must I make sure to see while there? 

Super excited to see Radiohead and Arcade Fire again (it'll be my 4th time seeing each), and discovering some new music.

5 hours ago, Jremy said:

This'll be the first time I've been to this Festival and am curious about a few things. To those in the know, when will the actual times for the shows be announced?  Typically, what time does the headliner play and overall how long does music go until? What things must I make sure to see while there? 

Super excited to see Radiohead and Arcade Fire again (it'll be my 4th time seeing each), and discovering some new music.

Bks says -as usual- they'll annoumce timetable soon.

Take a look to the 2016 clashfinder http:///s/bestkeptsecret2016/

Damn Toxe has cancelled :(

Where's Thurston Moore? I can't find him...

@mellowmaniac can you update the clashfinder? I can't understand nothing with the website layout. :) 

Edit: you've been quicker than me ;) 

Edited by alan_ts

Friday:
Kelly Lee Owens (3)
Real Estate (2)
Agnes Obel (1) 
Mannequin Pussy (5)
Jenny Hval (3)
Run The Jewels (1)

Saturday:
Froth (5)
Chris Cohen (3)
Cloud Nothings (2)
Mitski (5)
The Wytches (5)
The Thurston Moore Group (5) (or early to AF)
Arcade Fire (1)

Sunday:
Kikaguku Moyo (3)
Canshaker Pi (5)
Zeal & Ardor (5)
Arab Strap (2)
Strand of Oaks (1)
Junun (2)
James Blake (1)
Radiohead (1)

My plan as it stands now. 

Moore vs Cigs is bad, but I'll go see Cigs. They have not one but TWO gigs within one hour's ride from my house just before BKS, but I'm already in Amsterdam and that pisses me off! :)

@alan_ts where is moore playing?

King Gizzard vs The Mystery lights 

Gonna spend most of Friday on stage five it seems. 

Oh, and Yussef Kammal is just Yussef, whoever was wondering what's gonna happen after they split.

3 minutes ago, Trufflehound said:

It won't get dark until around 11pm. Having Soulwax play afterwards would mean Radiohead playing practically their entire set in daylight.

True. I'm too used to the late finishes at Pukkelpop. Need to get it into my head that it's a totally different type of festival.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

This is my schedule at the moment:

Friday:

Kelly Lee Owens (3)

Millionaire (2)

Metronomy (1) 

Run The Jewels (1)

Weval (2) 

Tommy Cash (5)

(Maybe + King Gizz(2))

Saturday:

Mitski (5)

Cigarettes After Sex (3)

Arcade Fire (1)

Floating Points (2)

Joy Orbison (3) 

Vatican Shadow (5)

(Maybe + The Wytches(5))

Sunday:

Ry X (2)

Fil Bo Riva (3)

Kaleo (1)

Strand Of Oaks (1)

James Blake (1)

Soulwax (2)

Radiohead (1)

(Maybe + Arab strap (2) + Junun (2))

9 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Could we expect a secret djset by Kelly Lee Owens?

If yes, is it announced before or is it totally unexpected?

Most years there have been "secret" or small additional live sets. In the early years e.g. at the beach or at bungalows (2015) and in later years at the secret garden stage behind Stage Two. I don't remember secret DJ sets, except Stage Four sets announced very late (but this happened in the early years. In the last couple of years Stage Four was booked and announced properly - even though there might be a surprise set or two).

Friday -

Amber Arcades, Sundara Karma, Real Estate, Metronomy, King Gizz, RTJ, Japanese House, Kornel Kovacs

Saturday - Andy Shuaf, Amazons, Whitney, Circa Waves, Wild Beasts, The Wytches, Cigarettes after Sex, Arcade Fire, Stuff, Joy Orbison, Vatican Shadow

Sunday - Marlon Williams, Rico DJ set, Kaleo, Arab Strap, Cass Mccoobs, American Football, Soulwax, Radiohead.

In light of the atrocious terrorist act in Manchester yesterday, I was curious if anyone had any info regarding security at the festival? Im sure the organizers are taking extra precautions. I didn't see any security guidelines, prohibited items, bag size limitations etc. Has anyone seen any info on that? Or know how past festivals have operated? I'll be traveling quite a ways to attend the festival and would like to be prepared.