Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

Hotel in Tilburg is booked, flight look good and this looks like a go-er unless a similar line up comes up in a warmer climate over the next week.

Flaming Lips have got to be in the mix to be in the mix to be at BKS, possibly as a cheaper 3rd headliner. the XX as well if they're really pushing the boat out.

You'd imagine that the National and Bon Iver will both be ruled out due to Eaux Claires being on the same weekend

Soulwax, Royksopp and De La Soul on the undercard would be nice :-)

Edited by DiscothequeDave

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

You'd imagine that the National and Bon Iver will both be ruled out due to Eaux Claires being on the same weekend

Soulwax, Royksopp and De La Soul on the undercard would be nice :-)

Where have you seen that? I see that they played there in 2013 but nothing about 2017.

Agree with soulwax (and maybe 2manydjs in a tent) and royksopp (saw them few years ago with robyn and they were great).

I'd also like some bands like Run The Jewels (likely), Portishead, Cage The Elephant, Moderat, Trentemoller. 

And about djs I'd like some good techno but I see that they usually booked (very good) tech/deep-house djs.

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/nieuws/2016/November/Interview-Jamie-XX.html

XX definitely playing the Netherlands. Can't see them at Pink pop so got to be the 3rd headliner, surely?

If it's true this would be the lineup I've ever dream.

I'd also like as third headliner Massive Attack or Portishead but I'm not sure they're in tour next year.

49 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

The festival is run by Justin Vernon (Bon Iver) and Aaron Dessner (The National). This doesn't necissarily mean that either band won't tour at that time, but makes it very unrealistic.

Ok. Don't know that :)

9 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/nieuws/2016/November/Interview-Jamie-XX.html

XX definitely playing the Netherlands. Can't see them at Pink pop so got to be the 3rd headliner, surely?

Yeah I was thinking they'd be the likely third headliner when they start announcing dates, especially with Jamie doing it last year 

2 hours ago, rawaudioinput said:

Can someone who has gone before let me know how much I should expect to pay for the shuttle buses from Tilburg?

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a ticket next Saturday, I can't imagine that they'll be hanging about for long

I think it was about 10 Euro return. I got a friend to buy me a train ticket from Amsterdam that included the shuttle (as there was some promotion on the festival website but only able to buy it with a Dutch bank account) though so I'm not 100% sure.

The bus was convenient, right outside tilburg station and took 10/15 mins.

20 hours ago, rawaudioinput said:

Can someone who has gone before let me know how much I should expect to pay for the shuttle buses from Tilburg?

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a ticket next Saturday, I can't imagine that they'll be hanging about for long

Shuttle bus tickets bought at Tilburg station have been €5 return every year so far.

I've seen on the website (and already had the confirm by an email from bsk) that there's a special offer for group of people, so buying 6 combitickets one is for free.

Great thing for me cause we are at least 12 people or maybe more :):) 

4 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Do we expect the third headliner before saturday?

It seems that this year BKS try to become bigger (see the headliners so far and the ticket price compared to the other editions).

No idea. In the past they announced more than "just" one or two headliner before the ticket sales started, but I don't think they ever announced all three headliner that early.

Last year they announced 13 bands (including two headliner) on December 16th and started the ticket sales on December 19th. Perhaps we'll get some more confirmations ahead of Saturday, but with these two headliner and with sales starting already in November they might wait a little longer before announcing more of the lineup.

21 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

No idea. In the past they announced more than "just" one or two headliner before the ticket sales started, but I don't think they ever announced all three headliner that early.

Last year they announced 13 bands (including two headliner) on December 16th and started the ticket sales on December 19th. Perhaps we'll get some more confirmations ahead of Saturday, but with these two headliner and with sales starting already in November they might wait a little longer before announcing more of the lineup.

In that case they would sell only combi and tickets for RH day (19 June).

Edited by alan_ts

2 minutes ago, Createur said:

"only". Capacity is 25.000 as it was last year (sold out). 20.000 combo tickets and 5.000 day tickets. 

btw: why no tickets for AF day?

I thought they didn't announce yet AF date, right?

Anyway sorry for all that questions, I'm only worried I can't have my tickets Saturday :D

On 11-11-2016 at 5:13 PM, efcfanwirral said:

- what sort of times does it keep? is it like Benicassim where bands go into the night or more normal timings?

the timings are definitely more normal. bands play until something after 12, and after that it's dj's and electronic acts. on sunday everything stops at 1am / 2am, but hopefully they'll change that this year.