Flaming lips

russycarps

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Heading back to UK (Not Glastonbury unfortunately - although they should be a fixture like Fatboy Slim, my highlight of 2017 at The Park.  Definately in my top 3 gigs of all time)

Just had an alert they are playing Manchester Academy 6 Sept - playing Soft Bulletin album.

1 minute ago, Northtim said:

Heading back to UK (Not Glastonbury unfortunately - although they should be a fixture like Fatboy Slim, my highlight of 2017 at The Park.  Definately in my top 3 gigs of all time)

Just had an alert they are playing Manchester Academy 6 Sept - playing Soft Bulletin album.

And Brixton on the 7th. Playing one of my fave albums of all time. Never been keen on these 'play an old album' shows but might make an exception for that.

The new album is out on record store day. Or at least a version of it is.

I can’t wait to see Soft Bulletin live. Probably my favourite ‘Lips album.

Shame they’re not doing a gig closer to Bristol than London though!

They played the Soft Bulletin in full at Ally Pally about five years ago, dunno why they’re doing it again - I’d like a Yoshimi set instead just to make it a bit different. 

I suspect ill be there anyways ?

2 hours ago, balti-pie said:

They played the Soft Bulletin in full at Ally Pally about five years ago, dunno why they’re doing it again - I’d like a Yoshimi set instead just to make it a bit different. 

I suspect ill be there anyways ?

With Dinosaur Jr doing Bug in support! It were banging!

Agreed. I’d be all over a Yoshimi show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

With Dinosaur Jr doing Bug in support! It were banging!

Agreed. I’d be all over a Yoshimi show.

That was a great night! Well, kind of - with the normal public transport nonsense around Ally Pally we knackered up the last train home and ended up in a dreadful drinking den in Soho til 4am, then bunked the Gatwick express to the airport and kipped on some sofas til the normal trains started running again. 

I’d love to say I grew out of that kind of behaviour but I really havnt ?? I just wish it didn’t take a couple of days to recover afterwards!