Flaming lips

russycarps

I'm genuinely expecting this to be the most uplifting, life-affirming gig I've ever been to.  Are my expectations too high?

I've really been beating myself up about the RH/FLips clash (like most people, I suppose!).  I've wanted to see RH do Karma Police on the Pyramid for years.  The 03 video of it is one of my favorite Glastonbury videos.  But I've been wanting to see FLips for years too and have never actually seen them (seen RH twice).  So I think FLips is the best way to go for me.  Also sets up a nice easy evening for me of Royal Blood, Lorde, FLips. 

• 2 weeks later...

Was going to give Radiohead an hour, bailed after 30 mins and went to Lips.  Best decision ever!

Amazing set - unicorn, balloons, balls and confetti. Blow up characters - can't see anyone beating that set. I'll post some pics/video but really incredible performance. 

Dont know how Radiohead went down but it just wasn't for me and the exodus as we were leaving looked big.

Their new light show is awesome! The people around me were stupidly excited - one of them never having seen them before. Managed to get in real close- Wayne rolled right over us both in and out in his "Hamster ball". Bad iPhone pic below...

IMG_3353.JPG

Edited by JacquelineS

4 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Quite simply phenomenal. An experience that made me glad to be alive. Welling up just thinking how good that was. Nothing will top that this weekend.

Agree. I can't see it being topped this weekend. They never fail to give 100%

Magnificent show...

first time seeing them and I don't think I've seen a better Glastonbury performance (9 years)..

ive been telling my extended group that this could be a special show but only my daughter came (and loved it)

proper uplifting stuff..

Race for the Prize... what a start!

Hull last night. Phenomenal, had me in tears at points, 3500 people in an outdoor car park/courtyard called Zebedees Yard. Great venue, loads of room, decent cider... smiley happy people! 

Glitter, Ballons, Rainbows, Unicorns, Confetti, Zorbing, Space Oddity, Sparkly, Joyous, Moving, Tears... one of my top 5 gigs of all time and I've been to fkin loads!

One Love, Feel the Love xx

20170624_215144.jpg

It was. Still to watch the BBC coverage of the Glasto set. Might catch it later.

About to book tickets to see them again in August at Rock City, should be a belter in that venue..

Oh and Public Service Broadcasting supporting last night, excellent set and the new stuff sounds amazing live with powerful images to go with it.

3 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

It was. Still to watch the BBC coverage of the Glasto set. Might catch it later.

About to book tickets to see them again in August at Rock City, should be a belter in that venue..

Oh and Public Service Broadcasting supporting last night, excellent set and the new stuff sounds amazing live with powerful images to go with it.

what a great lineup! seeing both of them at Festival Number 6 and looking forward to PSB after reading that