Flaming lips

russycarps

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

The lips crowd will be microscopic, I wouldn't worry about getting there early to secure a good spot!

Doubt that chief. Don't underestimate how many people enjoy fun as opposed to the whiny c**ts on the Pyramid.

Park is great if you're in a decent spot and total shite if you're not.

1 minute ago, Andeeroo said:

Lips would my first choice but I fucking hate trying to get out of The Park after a headliner. It's an absolute nightmare. I'd be all over this otherwise. Not sure what I'll end up doing.

Just have a drink after and let the crowds go about their business.

41 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Nah we thought they weren't big enough to headline Other. Third down Other is a bigger slot than Park headliner, I'm surprised they haven't got a bigger slot.

Always knew they would clash. Theyve already headlined The Other back in 2010. Shame and typical. Not 100% yet though. 

If you haven't seen them they are stunning live and if you've seen Radiohead then you won't feel you've missed out by watching them instead.. not at all. 

I was there for the 2003 when they supported radiohead... a cracking day!

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Glastonbury bookers:

Booker 1: "Hey, remember how everyone has fond memories of 2003 when Flaming Lips led into Radiohead and everything seemed perfect?"

Booker 2: "Yes! That was perfect- most radiohead fans like Flaming Lips and vice versa"

Booker 1: "Well fuck them all! Lets clash the shit out of those losers!"

Booker 2: "Hell yes!"

Yeah this loads.

52 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Nah we thought they weren't big enough to headline Other. Third down Other is a bigger slot than Park headliner, I'm surprised they haven't got a bigger slot.

Yeah I know they've taken a bit of a decline in popularity over the years but from Other to Park seems a bit much. Definitely a bigger than usual Park headliner. Wonder who the others will be if they continue that trend.

Just now, zeppelin said:

Right, so I've never really listened to Flaming Lips however am in need of a Friday headliner.  Can someone recommend me where to start?

The Soft Bulletin is their best album (and represented quite well live I think). Start there. Also Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

You think third down other is more prestigious than headlining park? I disagree.

Not that it matters like

Only seen them once; half the show was Jim Lip, lead singer of The Flaming Lips, leading big inflatable creatures on and off stage. Also giving Bob Foo, lead singer of The Foo Fighters, a run for his money banging on about how awesome everybody in the crowd was. Be pretty sweet if their mate Miley Cyrus turned up for a rendition of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, and some Miley songs.

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The Soft Bulletin is their best album (and represented quite well live I think). Start there. Also Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots.

Can't believe soft bulletin is 20 years old! I remember getting it when I was at university 

7 minutes ago, russycarps said:

You think third down other is more prestigious than headlining park? I disagree.

Not that it matters like

Bring Me the Horizon, The 1975 and Catfish and the Bottlemen played 3rd down Other last year.

Richard Hawley, Phillip Glass' Heroes Symphony and Grimes headlined Park last year.

3rd down Other is clearly a bigger slot. Park headliners in general would be nearer the bottom of Other than the top.

Headlining Park may be a more favourable slot to some, and you probably get more interesting/established acts there than third down Other, but definitely not bigger acts.

Edited by Will-2609

Most recent set list. No old stuff, but it would be wondrous. Better than 2010.

Race for the Prize

Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1

There Should Be Unicorns

Pompeii Am Götterdämmerung

The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song (With All Your Power)

What Is the Light?

The Observer

How??

Space Oddity

(David Bowie cover

Feeling Yourself Disintegrate

The Castle

Are You a Hypnotist??

The W.A.N.D.

A Spoonful Weighs a Ton

Encore:

She Don't Use Jelly

Encore 2:

Waitin' for a Superman

Do You Realize??

11 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Most recent set list. No old stuff, but it would be wondrous. Better than 2010.

Race for the Prize

if i had to choose to see and hear only one song at glasto,

that would be the one!

:wub: