Flaming lips

russycarps

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Chic seem to be Friday........though daytime on the Pyramid is just as likely as closing out WH for a second time.

Where's the Chic for Friday info come from? I'd be fucked off if they clash with Lips and the 'Head too

7 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Why not just radiohead sub?

Massive spot for them, no? Headlined other last time but seemed to have dropped in appeal since.

I also think you need more mainstream appeal to sub the Pyramid successfully. You can get away with a smaller, more dedicated crowd at the Other (see LCD last year) but you can't avoid the casuals at the Pyramid.

1 minute ago, CHRLY said:

Massive spot for them, no? Headlined other last time but seemed to have dropped in appeal since.

I also think you need more mainstream appeal to sub the Pyramid successfully. You can get away with a smaller, more dedicated crowd at the Other (see LCD last year) but you can't avoid the casuals at the Pyramid.

I tend to agree, but there's always the Nick cave 2013 set that gives hope...

That being said, I think I'd rather see them headlining a stage, and if that means sacrificing radiohead so be it.

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Saw someone posting earlier about their own FOLD festival ruling them out for the Saturday and Sunday......but dunno if it's koher intel. 

The person has now admitted to reading it wrong on the Chic website I think. Chic vs Radiohead is my ultimate worst clash out of the released acts. Flaming Lips to headline the JP on either the Friday or Saturday, maybe Other headliner sub? 

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Must see for me. Was listening to her album today while ironing cos I'm so rock n roll. 

I bought a ticket to see her in May after one listen of the album. I've never done anything like that before.

And now she'll forever be associated with you ironing in my mind ffs

9 hours ago, The Nal said:

Friday night would be perfect. And looks likely. Other Stage or JP preferably. 

They should just have The XX, The National and Radiohead play a sad old bastards evening on the Pyramid and let everyone else have fun. 

that's my Friday sorted then! speaking of 'Sad Captains' tell us about your recent pint w/ a Glastonbury veteran...will we be seeing them earlier on Friday?

Well there goes my 'they won't go up against Radiohead' theory, unless they're a couple down Other (although with Major Lazer seemingly headlining that day it'd be odd for Flaming Lips to be on a couple before and I'm kind of expecting it to be pretty pop like it has been the last couple of years - all speculation though).

Definitely expecting them to headline JP which seems silly, but ah well.

Still plenty of other acts that can fill a Park or John Peel headline slot that night. I think Future Islands will be John Peel headliner unless they're middle of the Pyramid run - not impossible. And for the Park, Ride look like they might be a headliner and First Aid Kit have confirmed they're playing Friday as well. And Bonobo has to fit in somewhere on Friday too.

Of course if they're evening on Other then that opens them up to clashing with Radiohead's subs and if that's someone good (read: The National) then gonna miss them there too.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

At this point is yer growly fish bloke from Future Islands not just consolidating his position as a one hit wonder / bygone meme.  Subbed Sparks and Goldfrapp Friday just gone.

First Aid Kit also way more sizable than any of the other likely Park headliners.

Idk Future Islands doing a pretty well-to-do slot last time around and now headlining Green Man this year makes me think they'd get a decent slot.

Disagree on First Aid Kit. When they're doing Wilderness Festival and Belladrum Tartan Heart(!) and not headlining one nor t'other then they're not above a set on the Park Stage. Maybe they dropped off in the interim between now and their last tour.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im absolutely gutted they are probably up against Radiohead. I wanted to see 1 more pyramid headliner.

I only have 2 must 100% see acts.... first world problems on a grand scale here.

Why didnt I get a Radiohead ticket for mamchester?!

Put your faith in late release production tickets?