Flaming lips

russycarps

Just wanted to share this photo with people who would appreciate it! My daughter (who was then 4!) watching the flaming lips on her dads shoulder at Glasto 2010! It was the best night! Can't wait to do it again!

Flamminglips.jpg

30 minutes ago, ejj said:

Just wanted to share this photo with people who would appreciate it! My daughter (who was then 4!) watching the flaming lips on her dads shoulder at Glasto 2010! It was the best night! Can't wait to do it again!

Flamminglips.jpg

That great stuff. I was at that after leaving Gorillaz. A very wise decision. They're just so much fun.

41 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

still can't really get into yoshimi but loving soft bulletin, the new one and transmissions....

yoshimi songs are much better live. Though in fairness that applies to all their songs!

Sadly the only song you might get off transmissions is jelly. In fact that's the only pre-soft bulletin song there is any hope of getting at all!

10 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Like what I've heard of their early stuff but cos they don't play much I've concentrated more on more recent stuff. Thought may get some of clouds... 

I think they didnt play anything off clouds because the guitarist in the band at that time was impossible to replicate (he was well ace). But they have re-released the album a couple of years ago and as balti says, they have played a few songs since so there is a glimmer of hope

I saw them do abandoned hospital ship the other year and it was the greatest opening to a gig I've ever seen. I'd give my right swinger for that to happen at glastonbury

The JPT Sunday headliner dream was good whilst it was alive. Fear for them headlining against Radiohead on the Friday now, though to be fair I did catch them on this tour at Brixton. Am now contemplating whether trying to head to Brighton or Norwich on Monday/Tuesday is a possibility. I'm seeing Radiohead the week after at Rock Werchter, but have never seen a Pyramid headliner before and have a feeling their set will be something special, and I really don't think I could miss it, even for Lips.