Flaming lips

russycarps

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Let this be so, please (but not headlining Friday please). 

Yep.

Based on Emily having put the kibosh on DP I could quite happily go Radiohead, A N Other and Flaming Lips to finish. 

Something dancey in between.

Note: it's only October and all of this is subject to change. Except Radiohead.

Edited by Quark

Just now, Quark said:

Yep.

Based on Emily having put the kibosh on DP I could quite happily go Radiohead, A N Other and Flaming Lips to finish. 

Justice in between.

Note: it's only October and all of hi s is subject to change. Except Radiohead.

FIFY

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In the last 6 years they've not only tanked their own career, but they've also been the death knell for Miles Cyrus.  It's actually quite admirable.

Yet they are still selling out the exact same size venues and headlining festivals just as they ever were...

55 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yep.

Something dancey in between.

Note: it's only October and all of this is subject to change. Except Radiohead.

Eric Prydz EPIC is what we need.

Fri - Radiohead

Sat - Prydz

Sunday - Flaming Lips

If I got that, I'd be shocked if it wasn't my favourite ever festival.

25 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My biggest glasto regret is getting too fucked in 2010 and had to stay with my mates watching Gorillaz rather than watching the Flaming Lips.

What a dickhead.

Another lesson in why managing when you reach peak wasted is crucial ;) I always aim for peak levels about two thirds of the way through the headliner and then you can just get swept away by the rest of the night, safe in the knowledge you will remember the act you really wanted to see.

Doesn't always go to plan though, mind!

Seen them in 2010 and 2003 (for the first time) plus Wireless 06 & Barcelona in 07 and they are one of the best live acts you'll see. I don't get them being downgraded form the Other in '10 to JP now but i'd take them playing anywhere. And as there last two appearances were 7 years apart hopefully the omens are good! 

Hoping for the Park or West Holts as my two favourite stages! :D

On 22/10/2016 at 8:42 AM, russycarps said:

Have a new album of original material out in January, and a new single out NOW.

it's been a while since they put in one of the top 3 other stage gigs of all time so they are due a return.

I'm thinking John Peel headliner. Who's in??

Absolutely.  Saw them a couple of years ago at End Of The Road and they really were on form.  Maybe a rematch of playing before Radiohead on the Pyramid, that would be great.  But would settle for John Peel :)

25 minutes ago, clarkete said:

If it didn't incorporate a panic attack,  soiling or puking then if that's a greatest regret you've done well. 

*says too much*

I'd had trouble with the heat all day and I thought it would be a good idea to eat a gram of MD from about 8 in the evening to 9/9:30... it wasn't.

I was already pretty pissed / heatstroke.

Ended up in a proper state and had major issues.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I'd had trouble with the heat all day and I thought it would be a good idea to eat a gram of MD from about 8 in the evening to 9/9:30... it wasn't.

ffs this has infuriated me. 

That was a hard festival to get the intoxication levels right though, so I do sympathise with you. The hot ones always are.

This year it was all so simple.

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ahh,  that does sound horrid, well  if ever there was a place to wake up wondering how you finished the previous evening I think that's it. 

Edited by clarkete

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

ffs this has infuriated me. 

That was a hard festival to get the intoxication levels right though, so I do sympathise with you. The hot ones always are.

This year it was all so simple.

To be honest I was just pissed off. I cant handle the heat (I mention it enough!) and Id had a sober 2 days.

I was determined to enjoy myself... and acted like a knob.

The thing is, I wouldn't make that mistake again. 

No need for sympathy Russy. It's my own fault and my punishment was missing the flaming lips, a band who for 1 reason or another I keep on missing! Im on holiday, lost my job and cant afford it.....They even clash in manchester in January.

I will be seeing them in June hopefully. Just no Radiohead clash allowed.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I was just watching a Flaming Lips video on youtube, well listening since it was just a photo of an album cover, " My Cosmic Autumn Rebellion"

It inspired someone named Sprawl to make this comment:
The Sprawl2 months ago

That chorus is a mountain, that chorus is a galaxy, it's a valley, it's an impact crater. So huge you can see it from space. Each chord is a mile-long suspension bridge and each line is sung through an alien ship's tannoy system. If you look down at the great wall of China from space you'll see it's actually a giant, stone tabulation of the melody from this song. The chord change that killed the dinosaurs.

Edited by JacquelineS
  • Upvote 2

In 2010 I couldn't believe it had been 7 years since they last played, now I can't believe it'll of been 7 years since then! Loved 2003, and almost opted to see gorillaz in 2010, but came to my senses at the last minute. If they do play, along with radiohead I will be doubly crushed if I don't have resale ticket success in April... 

Has Wayne recovered from that spell a couple of years ago when he became a bit of an arse?