Flaming lips

russycarps

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

Added to the Rumours page :yahoo:

this is a momentous day. I dont care even if they're up against radiohead, I'd go see the lips without hesitation.

Sunday headliner somewhere, anywhere, is the dream though.

@eFestivals is there any reason for them being added, beyond the fact they are doing Euro festivals around then and them having a new album out?

Edited by russycarps

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

this is a momentous day. I dont care even if they're up against radiohead, I'd go see the lips without hesitation.

@eFestivals is there any reason for them being added, beyond the fact they are doing Euro festivals around then and them having a new album out?

My world view has turned upside down.  I thought you were one of the key radiohead stalwarts. 

Perhaps I should stop making assumptions about you based on a tiny percentage of your posts?  Mind you it would take me ages to read a larger percentage, so it's a tough call.

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

it's to do with their dates. They're in the area, and I think it's unlikely they'd be and not do Glasto - don't you?

50 minutes ago, clarkete said:

My world view has turned upside down.  I thought you were one of the key radiohead stalwarts. 

Perhaps I should stop making assumptions about you based on a tiny percentage of your posts?  Mind you it would take me ages to read a larger percentage, so it's a tough call.

Well I do love radiohead, but the flaming lips are something else entirely. There is quite literally nothing better on earth than watching the flaming lips at glastonbury. They are the perfect fit!

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's to do with their dates. They're in the area, and I think it's unlikely they'd be and not do Glasto - don't you?

I agree with you entirely, I thought you might have heard something extra. 

I have a tiny link to the band, so I will see if I can find out any info and if I do you'll be the first to know!

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

Please no!!

I want to see both.

4 hours ago, russycarps said:

Well I do love radiohead, but the flaming lips are something else entirely. There is quite literally nothing better on earth than watching the flaming lips at glastonbury. They are the perfect fit!

Exactly - PRECISELY - this. This is twice in the last week or so you've been reasonable Russy. You're losing your touch! 

30 minutes ago, alien said:

Much prefer The Flaming Lips to Radiohead so hoping they headline a stage, not had the chance to see them live but for some reason they just fit with glasto in my head.

Sunday is the dream. There would be no better way for the festival to close going into a fallow year.

I could see them headline almost any of the bigger stages really: other, John Peel, or the park. I do hope so anyway, they are wasted in daylight

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Sunday is the dream. There would be no better way for the festival to close going into a fallow year.

I could see them headline almost any of the bigger stages really: other, John Peel, or the park. I do hope so anyway, they are wasted in daylight

can't imagine them playing in the daylight - seem very much like a 'big finale' kind of band rather than one you'd stick between James Bay and You Me At Six at 6pm on the Other. JP or Park headliner for sure

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

can't imagine them playing in the daylight - seem very much like a 'big finale' kind of band rather than one you'd stick between James Bay and You Me At Six at 6pm on the Other. JP or Park headliner for sure

Yeah the only slight doubt I have is the fact they played in the daylight before radiohead in 2003. I don't see them as any bigger or any smaller than they were in 2010, so other is still a possibility I reckon, but it does feel unlikely.

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In the last 6 years they've not only tanked their own career, but they've also been the death knell for Miles Cyrus.  It's actually quite admirable.

Not all heroes wear capes, some wear giant bunny rabbit costumes.