hostmat

Well now it is official, this is the last mailer:

Going to EXIT? Make sure to be here a day earlier!

Shhhh! Don’t tell anyone, but we’ve got something BIG cooking for Wednesday, July 5th!

If you have already bought your EXIT ticket, wait just a bit longer before you make the travel arrangements. Some sassy news is around the corner and we will let you in on the secret first.

Sit tight, EXIT Summer of Love BIG news is in sight!

• Upvote 1

Until that big announcement we have new rock names tomorrow, part for explosive stage and part for fusion stage (including a headliner)

Probably, two main stage headliners TBA + day 0 big name, 2 dance arena headliners TBA, 2 explosive stage headliners and all of the fusion stage line up + most of the x-bass program on the main stage. It still can be a decent line up overall, even if the first main stage announcements haven't been spectacular.

I don't see myself going back to this festival unless it will be something spectacular. Even if the atmosphere and crowd is really nice, the main problem is the night program, basically all the important acts are late or very late and if you are camping you always get to sleep under the sunlight in the tent or outside if you are staying until the party is over. 

Edited by neacaisa

13 hours ago, neacaisa said:

Even if the atmosphere and crowd is really nice, the main problem is the night program, basically all the important acts are late or very late and if you are camping you always get to sleep under the sunlight in the tent or outside if you are staying until the party is over. 

Well that is true, but Exit is mostly nightly festival as it goes from 7pm until 8am.  So it makes sense to have headliners late :)
In that scenario some private flat or hostel might be better option but still campsite gives certain advantages as well.

13 hours ago, neacaisa said:

Until that big announcement we have new rock names tomorrow, part for explosive stage and part for fusion stage (including a headliner)

Probably, two main stage headliners TBA + day 0 big name, 2 dance arena headliners TBA, 2 explosive stage headliners and all of the fusion stage line up + most of the x-bass program on the main stage. It still can be a decent line up overall, even if the first main stage announcements haven't been spectacular.

I don't see myself going back to this festival unless it will be something spectacular. Even if the atmosphere and crowd is really nice, the main problem is the night program, basically all the important acts are late or very late and if you are camping you always get to sleep under the sunlight in the tent or outside if you are staying until the party is over. 

Hm, I love Exit because of that whole night program and finishing it with sunrise on dance arena. Oh and camping is by far the best camping experience I had at any festival. Sooooooo many open minded cool people (don't mean drugs, not that there aren't a lot of it :lol:) are there and I've met so many people and so many friends. Also, it's next to a beach in a park so that's a big plus. Went to Finland and Lithuania 2 years go to visit guys I've met in the camp.

I don't know, Exit is totally different experience for me, even Sziget (with 10 times better lineup) who runs to late at night doesn't have the same feel. Hope they'll announce something you really love so you'll come back and realize why so many people missed a lot of exams at uni and now at work cause of it 

Edited by Nicklord

10 hours ago, Nicklord said:

@hostmat 

There's news on pretty much every site that there will be some really expensive BAND for that 0 day that never came to Serbia. Do you know anything more about that now? 

I think Foos. They never been in region, they are on tour, ther are big name.

6 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Could be a lot of bands. Was just checking other tour dates. I'm just hoping it's really a big band

radiohead have a gig in manchester on that day, coldplay have only stadium shows, possibly linkin park, kings of leon or soad. Rest of big names already had their concerts in region. FF is already booked at 6th july in madrid, and on 3rd july6 so i don`t know if they can manage all of that.

Anyway day 0 is a very good thing for me.

13 minutes ago, Gooky said:

radiohead have a gig in manchester on that day, coldplay have only stadium shows, possibly linkin park, kings of leon or soad. Rest of big names already had their concerts in region. FF is already booked at 6th july in madrid, and on 3rd july6 so i don`t know if they can manage all of that.

Anyway day 0 is a very good thing for me.

The Killers too. SOAD has a show on the 5th 

So Linkin Park, Kings of Leon and the Killers

It's gonna be revealed on wednesday. It says big american band 

Edited by Nicklord

In my opinion, most likely it will not be a big rock band; either it's a pop artist (or from another genre) or a smaller name. Exit hasn't booked a huge rock name since GNR. I know Albarn and Yorke came in the last few years, but not with their big projects and probably for a way smaller fee than Killers/KoL/LP would require.

Also, when looking back at past line-ups it makes you sad how good they were compared to the last 3 years. :-(

5 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

In my opinion, most likely it will not be a big rock band; either it's a pop artist (or from another genre) or a smaller name. Exit hasn't booked a huge rock name since GNR. I know Albarn and Yorke came in the last few years, but not with their big projects and probably for a way smaller fee than Killers/KoL/LP would require.

Also, when looking back at past line-ups it makes you sad how good they were compared to the last 3 years. :-(

but this is day 0

one show, ticket will be sell separately. It has to be the big name.

15 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Yeah. Lineups for main stage are getting worse and worse but they are hyping this on a level they did for a Robbie Williams show they organized 2 years ago and they said it's an American band just an hour ago

8 minutes ago, Gooky said:

but this is day 0

one show, ticket will be sell separately. It has to be the big name.

Yeah, saw that for the tickets. Hope they won't make people who already got a ticket to pay more. Hope it's just for further purchases cause it's a dick move otherwise 

Edited by Nicklord

7 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Yeah. Lineups for main stage are getting worse and worse but they are hyping this on a level they did for a Robbie Williams show they organized 2 years ago and they said it's an American band just an hour ago

Yeah, saw that for the tickets. Hope they won't make people who already got a ticket to pay more. Hope it's just for further purchases cause it's a dick move otherwise 

of course the will pay more, thats the major problem with booking.

Exit wants ticket price to be low, but bend managment doesn`t want to drop the price.

19 minutes ago, Gooky said:

Tomorrow at 12 pm is a press conference, when the organisators will tell us who is (foo fighters) mysterious american big bend.

I still think it's The Killers (I know they played in Slovenia but I think they don't include that in region) cause FF doesn't have 3 consecutive days booked on the tour and The Killers are the perfect fit http://thekillersnews.com/thekillers2017tour