Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd heard they'd be offering B&W, so happy to see it there. Enjoyed it this year. Good toilets, no queue for a shower, plenty of space and the Bus was very efficient. Will be aiming for it when tickets go on sale. (Name drop time) Michael Eavis told me out cost him £30k this year, so I'd expect a good few hundred tickets for B&W. They're used to decent sized crowds. My friend goes to a religious/worship festival there and they pack the place out with no problems. 

Worship thingy my friend was at. It's packed, it's in the distance. 

http://imgur.com/Z4NaCNy

Edited by TheNewUnion

I expect the increase in prices reflects the costs of renting the outside fields from other landowners and probably other associated costs to do with traffic management etc. The B&W option will also help reduce traffic coming on site early on Tuesday- I expect they had to put some agreement in place to avoid the local traffic issues from last year and the impact of early arrivals. 

We shall be camping in our own tent as usual- happy to pay £45.00 for parking for 5-6 days. 

2 hours ago, northernbro said:

is there an option of the podpads with a double bed instead of 2 singles?

They can do them with a double option, we got one when we arrived at a festival and there was a double air bed in it, it's side on rather than the two single beds at either side. Think you would be able to request this once you've booked. 

7 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That link also says anyone having a campervan delivered can only have it delivered to bath and west - not to the usual sites!!

I imagine this is to limit vehicle movement on what may be boggy ground until the cv field opens properly, I'm guessing a lot of the issues this year were made worse by the deliveries of caravans.

£45?  Wow!  Pretty sure I remember when it was £5!  I can't say I completely disagree if the attempt is to get people to travel on public transport, although I think the coach station at PGA is pretty much at full capacity.  They could do with another one, but where I'm not sure

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

I imagine this is to limit vehicle movement on what may be boggy ground until the cv field opens properly, I'm guessing a lot of the issues this year were made worse by the deliveries of caravans.

Yes indeed, I heard that Michael Eavis had said the damage in East CV fields was caused by people entering the site early, churning the fields up. I assumed at the time (now I think wrongly) he meant those who had turned up on Tuesday before 6pm. He probably meant the deliveries of caravans, which I doubt were delivered individually and more likely on transporters... hence the change.

11 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

The Festival have announced the sale of WV, Tipis and the CV Fields will take place Thursday 27th October at 12 noon.

Here's to the next ticket rush...

Exact reason i came on here to find out the dates. efestivals the font of all (Glastonbury) knowledge :)

9 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Yes indeed, I heard that Michael Eavis had said the damage in East CV fields was caused by people entering the site early, churning the fields up. I assumed at the time (now I think wrongly) he meant those who had turned up on Tuesday before 6pm. He probably meant the deliveries of caravans, which I doubt were delivered individually and more likely on transporters... hence the change.

Whilst I get this, it rained throughout the festival and for the two weeks leading up to it. Any vehicle entering the field would have contributed to churning it up one way or the other and it got progressively worse throughout. The pre pitched stuff has always been in E25, so as you come in the entrance it's immediately behind at the back, so any churning would've been limited to this small part and the other 95% of the fields would've been unaffected. This part wasn't even filled up until nearer the weekend. Basically if we get weather like last year again it will be fucked regardless, I don't think the pre pitched stuff being there or not will make any real difference.

13 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Still debating whether to go for Worthy View, Camplight or Tangerine Fields (havent heard much about TF)

I'm in the same boat. I think I'm going to try for Worthy View. The idea of not having the take all the camping equipment is music to my lazy self. 

24 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Whilst I get this, it rained throughout the festival and for the two weeks leading up to it. Any vehicle entering the field would have contributed to churning it up one way or the other and it got progressively worse throughout. The pre pitched stuff has always been in E25, so as you come in the entrance it's immediately behind at the back, so any churning would've been limited to this small part and the other 95% of the fields would've been unaffected. This part wasn't even filled up until nearer the weekend. Basically if we get weather like last year again it will be fucked regardless, I don't think the pre pitched stuff being there or not will make any real difference.

Agree with this, the ground around the pre-pitched caravans had not been churned up nearly as much as parts of the standard CV fields so hard to see how they can be blamed.  Although we're not certain this change applies to pre-delivered caravans yet are we?  The website says "campervans" (although I expect they mean both).

Perhaps GFL have agreed to do this to reduce traffic in and out of the site itself on the Monday before and Tuesday afterwards.

9 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Wasn't his complaint that people were turning up early and causing traffic jams on the roads, no one could gain entry to the site without their permission anyway! The CV fields were churned up almost instantly (East they opened just after 4, earlier than the stated 6) and people were stuck just passed the entrance shortly after. It was a pretty impossible situation and the festival were as much at fault as the 'early' arrivals, for example they did nothing extra in preparation for what was obviously going to be very difficult conditions, the first we saw was a transporter delivering metal roading well after they opened the gates. Also, they accidentally let an early group in, so that didn't help. 

you'd have thought that metal tracks would be the number 1 priority, bizarre that they didn't already have them down.

only thing i can think off is that they have very little of them and had decided to use them inside the arena for vehicles, then later move them to campervan fields, although looking at the photos/cam before the festival, most areas didn't have them at all, and loads of ground inside campsites/stage areas was already churned up before gates opened.

Edited by ghostdancer1

This year's epic Mongolian clusterfuck of a debacle of getting onto the site was nothing other than absolutely terrible planning from GFL. 

Poor weather can be planned for.

Vehicles getting stuck can be planned for.

People turning up when they shouldn't can be planned for.

If it was a first time festival in a new location then fine but come on.

Edited by ___S_o_m_a__