Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, idb said:

Does anyone have any experience in using a double foldaway campbed in a 2 Man Scout Tent like the one below?

The campbed dimensions are L192 x W132 x H45 cm and the sleeping compartment at its shortest is L230 x W190 cm so it should theoretically fit.

34qlrn6.jpg

I would question it fitting! Have to account for the gradient of the tent for edge to peak.... the tent may be 230cm wide on the ground... but at 45cm off the ground it certainly wont be 230cm wide. Cant be bothered working the maths out but I doubt it will fit.... 

On 10/05/2017 at 11:22 AM, Havors said:

I would question it fitting! Have to account for the gradient of the tent for edge to peak.... the tent may be 230cm wide on the ground... but at 45cm off the ground it certainly wont be 230cm wide. Cant be bothered working the maths out but I doubt it will fit.... 

Thanks. That was what I was thinking. There are campbeds that are lower but flimsier. I may stick with the airbed.

On 09/05/2017 at 6:32 PM, idb said:

Does anyone have any experience in using a double foldaway campbed in a 2 Man Scout Tent like the one below?

The campbed dimensions are L192 x W132 x H45 cm and the sleeping compartment at its shortest is L230 x W190 cm so it should theoretically fit.

34qlrn6.jpg

We've been looking at these too, thinking they would be more comfortable than inflatable mattress...

16 minutes ago, CeriG said:

We've been looking at these too, thinking they would be more comfortable than inflatable mattress...

Look into the self inflating mats I got a double vango 10cm thick one and is like sleeping on a real bed way better then air beds I have also used 5cm thick ones in the past which I would also consider comfier then a air bed 

On 10/05/2017 at 0:07 PM, Lucy92 said:

Ah so it looks like they're randomly putting stuff up again

The ones being sold are all cancelled/unwanted pitches. There are thousands of scout and bell tents compared to a few dozen or so podpads in WV (well was that way when I last went in there a few years ago).

The podpads are also very much in high demand for some reason so it's unlikely that one will go back on resale.

3 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

The ones being sold are all cancelled/unwanted pitches. There are thousands of scout and bell tents compared to a few dozen or so podpads in WV (well was that way when I last went in there a few years ago).

The podpads are also very much in high demand for some reason so it's unlikely that one will go back on resale.

Yeah I thought that was the case but thought it's always worth a try just incase one comes back up 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-14 at 5:48 PM, FatAmmy said:

What do the 4-man bell tents have for flooring? Would I be comfortable with just a sleeping bag or do I need a pad/mattress?

Related: About how much do they charge for the air beds at the WV general store?

No tent no matter what it has on the floor is comfortable with just a sleeping bag. Buy yourself a blow up bed from Tesco. They're only about £10. Then thank me later :)

On 5/9/2017 at 6:32 PM, idb said:

34qlrn6.jpg

Hi..... for what it's worth, my wife and I use two single camp beds like this with an air mattress on top - in a 2 man scout tent and it fits fine.  Loads of storage space under the bed and still room for stuff down each side - no problem!!

is it possible to get into campervan field (with someone who has a campervan ticket but not yourself) and then walk through into the festival ? 

And also when does CV field open?

Im asking for a friend who is adamant you can. 

5 minutes ago, Iron14 said:

is it possible to get into campervan field (with someone who has a campervan ticket but not yourself) and then walk through into the festival ? 

Absolutely, yes. Did it a couple of times. Cv field officially opens at mid-day on Tuesday. 

7 minutes ago, Iron14 said:

Yes, but you still have to have a ticket, my son did this a couple of years ago to pitch our tent.

18 minutes ago, Havors said:

So question for people that stayed worth view last year....

What are the showers like? How many? Changing rooms? And the girls in our party want to know if there is somewhere to use their hairdryers? 

2 large changing tents (1 male, 1 female) with benches and mobile van things at the end full of showers, probably about 16 showers for each section.

looked a bit like this:

Showers.jpg

I think there's a separate tent beside the changing rooms with electrical outlets for hairdryers/straighteners. think WV might have provided some too.

Edited by ghostdancer1