Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

4 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Worthy view is definitely allocated Pre arrival. TBH the bus transfer queue has always looked very long/slow but a lot better than walking across site and up the hill with all your stuff! 

I guess the best plan might be to go have a look at the queue and make a call from there.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Havors said:

So whats the showers/toilets like at worthy view:

Many of them?

miles away?

massive queues for showers?

changing areas?

Also, whats the food and bar situation like? much choice?

The showers are located pretty centrally, same place as the toilets. Queues aren't too bad. I'd get down there between 9 and 10 and I'd probably wait 10-15 mins for the mens. Looked longer for the women's mind and I'm told the queues get longer as the morning goes on.

Didn't think much of the food options, there was a bar and a few stalls but nothing overly exciting. Better to wait until you're in the main site IMO.

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Didn't think much of the food options, there was a bar and a few stalls but nothing overly exciting. Better to wait until you're in the main site IMO.

With the exception of a couple of good coffee vans :)

Definitely agree re the lack of food options in WV.

As for showers, the queues were longer late morning. I would say about 30-45 minutes for girls, a bit less for boys. The changing areas were fine but quite cramped and muddy (unsurprisingly really with last year's conditions). Take wet wipes to clean your feet between getting out the shower and putting your wellies back on! The showers themselves were good though, lots of hot water etc.

Surprisingly the toilet queues were long too - most mornings i used the long drops on the main site rather than queue 20 minutes for the nicer toilet in WV.

7 minutes ago, jo1980 said:

Definitely agree re the lack of food options in WV.

As for showers, the queues were longer late morning. I would say about 30-45 minutes for girls, a bit less for boys. The changing areas were fine but quite cramped and muddy (unsurprisingly really with last year's conditions). Take wet wipes to clean your feet between getting out the shower and putting your wellies back on! The showers themselves were good though, lots of hot water etc.

Surprisingly the toilet queues were long too - most mornings i used the long drops on the main site rather than queue 20 minutes for the nicer toilet in WV.

Good to know thanks! The shower is definitely a perk... much better than a baby wipe wash and washing your head under a bottle of cold water :)

I heard the bar was 24 hour... surely not? haha 

Not sure why you need more food options at WV? There's two or three areas and the breakfast food is excellent. Not sure what else they are supposed to provide, considering the expectation is that everyone goes off to the huge festival at bottom of the hill with countless food and drink options.

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

Not sure why you need more food options at WV? There's two or three areas and the breakfast food is excellent. Not sure what else they are supposed to provide, considering the expectation is that everyone goes off to the huge festival at bottom of the hill with countless food and drink options.

Agree wv food is ok for a quick snack or breakfast nice for a late beer on way back after one at strummerville.  But I'd wait for food till u reach main site much better and everything u could want 

Just in case anyone is interested, there will be 3400 tents at Worthy View this year! (I know because both my children work on the build and de-rig at WV. Top job as no work required when the festival is on)

ME saida few years ago that his ideal would for be for everyone to be in pre erected tents. Some way off I guess.

31 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Just in case anyone is interested, there will be 3400 tents at Worthy View this year! (I know because both my children work on the build and de-rig at WV. Top job as no work required when the festival is on)

ME saida few years ago that his ideal would for be for everyone to be in pre erected tents. Some way off I guess.

any idea what the increase is year on year ?

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

any idea what the increase is year on year ?

From memory, 2015  2500

2016  3000

This year 3400

Pretty sure that's right. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there were to be a big increase in numbers after the fallow year.

On 4/5/2017 at 11:36 AM, Havors said:

We have 2 x 6 man bell tents (the new horrible looking ones haha) Really looking forward to not having to pitch the tents.... just blow a bed up, get a chair out and get drinking :) 

The bell tents are all 4 man though - new ones and old ones...? We've got one of the old-style ones and they are indeed fab :)

7 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

From memory, 2015  2500

2016  3000

This year 3400

Pretty sure that's right. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there were to be a big increase in numbers after the fallow year.

Wow, that's quite a big increase. They'll have to increase showers/toilets/water facilities then. I thought there was a limitation with water supply in particular. Unlike the farm, they don't have access to a natural aquifer.

Hey all, just a quick question as was worrying a bit - first time in Worthy View this year.

Heard people talking about "security searches" on the way in and it got me worrying about alcohol restrictions/searches.

Am I right to assume the rules on bringing alcohol into the Glastonbury site from Worthy View are the same as always with Glastonbury (as much as you want, no security taking it away but no glass allowed) or do they stop you bringing your own booze into the site as with other festivals?

Assumed it was the same as being in there normally but just panicking a bit as one of the reasons we chose WV this year was to save on the astronomical amount we spend on the bars on site...

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful!

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Agree 100% with you. We bring our own camping stoves and equipment for breakfast and cuppas, as the car is literally 5 mins walk away. Everything else, we get on the main site (apart from booze, which we bring with us). Definitely keeps costs down :)

3 minutes ago, foolsgold1981 said:

Hey all, just a quick question as was worrying a bit - first time in Worthy View this year.

Heard people talking about "security searches" on the way in and it got me worrying about alcohol restrictions/searches.

Am I right to assume the rules on bringing alcohol into the Glastonbury site from Worthy View are the same as always with Glastonbury (as much as you want, no security taking it away but no glass allowed) or do they stop you bringing your own booze into the site as with other festivals?

Assumed it was the same as being in there normally but just panicking a bit as one of the reasons we chose WV this year was to save on the astronomical amount we spend on the bars on site...

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful!

You can bring your own booze, as much as you like and take it into the festival with you too. The only restriction is no glass. WV are strict on that - I've seen quite a few people have stuff confiscated. Saw some drinking ALL their champagne in the car park LOL. It definitely keeps the costs down bringing your own. You may get stopped if you're carrying crates and crates of beer/cider as it would clearly not be for personal consumption.

Hello all, new here.  I have my ticket for Glastonbury this year (so excited), and was planning to do general camping, but a change in circumstance means I would like worthy view.  I would only want a 2 man scout tent.  Any ideas if there is likely to be a resale for this as well as tickets?

Thank you :)

7 minutes ago, Teddybears said:

Hello all, new here.  I have my ticket for Glastonbury this year (so excited), and was planning to do general camping, but a change in circumstance means I would like worthy view.  I would only want a 2 man scout tent.  Any ideas if there is likely to be a resale for this as well as tickets?

I got WV about this time last year. Just keep checking site - stuff comes up. 

12 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

The bell tents are all 4 man though - new ones and old ones...? We've got one of the old-style ones and they are indeed fab :)

yeah sorry meant 4 we have gone with 3 people per bell tent though for the extra space. We wanted the old style ones because they look cool as fuck but they sold out instantly haha! we managed to get the new ones which look awful but they are same size (possibly slightly taller around the edges from what I can make out) and they dont have a pole in the middle. No guy ropes either.

The new ones look gloomy as hell but hey ho we will decorate haha 

New-Bell-2a.jpg

Edited by Havors

12 hours ago, Mackem said:

Anyone know if extra camplight spots come up for sale? I'm guessing some people decide to go for a refund when they decide on alternative accommodation?

They said returns will be put on the site when/if they happen, maybe Neil's page checker thingy will help. 
Charm x

On 4/10/2017 at 8:33 PM, phillyfaddle said:

You can bring your own booze, as much as you like and take it into the festival with you too. The only restriction is no glass. WV are strict on that - I've seen quite a few people have stuff confiscated. Saw some drinking ALL their champagne in the car park LOL. It definitely keeps the costs down bringing your own. You may get stopped if you're carrying crates and crates of beer/cider as it would clearly not be for personal consumption.

Thank you so much! Assumed that was the case but wanted to check. Much appreciated :-)

And no, the glass thing isn't an issue. I'm strict on that - even tell others (politely) that they shouldn't have brought any...

On 4/11/2017 at 8:34 AM, Teddybears said:

Tangerine Fields have announced they will have a few tents on sale on 23rd April (resale day) may be worth a look? :D