Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

Morning folks,

I'm desperately after a camper van ticket for my parents. They go every year and have festival tickets but unfortunately failed to get camper van tickets on Thursday. Does anyone know if there will be an official announced resale or is it a case of regularly checking the ticket page and keeping all fingers & toes crossed?

Apologies if this question has been asked a million times by others, I'm new to the forum and still getting used to it. 

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, _tootle said:

Morning folks,

I'm desperately after a camper van ticket for my parents. They go every year and have festival tickets but unfortunately failed to get camper van tickets on Thursday. Does anyone know if there will be an official announced resale or is it a case of regularly checking the ticket page and keeping all fingers & toes crossed?

Apologies if this question has been asked a million times by others, I'm new to the forum and still getting used to it. 

Thanks in advance!

An announced resale is far from guaranteed, would suggest as a few were available recently, keep a close watch on the early part of next week, as others who accidentally got more than one cancel them and I'd guess decent chance more get put up for sale.

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

An announced resale is far from guaranteed, would suggest as a few were available recently, keep a close watch on the early part of next week, as others who accidentally got more than one cancel them and I'd guess decent chance more get put up for sale.

Ok will do. I've signed up to Check Page as well so fingers crossed. 

Y

16 minutes ago, _tootle said:

Morning folks,

Thanks in advance!

you could do worse than monitoring the page for changes using http://www.checkpage.co.uk which will send you an email and a text when the page changes.

There's a small change because the texts aren't free, and any profit helps fund efestivals.

6 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Just out of interest, with the addition of bath and west spaces were there more CV tickets available this year or have they reduced the amount of vehicles they are allowing on east and west?

Guess we'll need the map to get a rough idea . They did seem to sell out ridiculously quickly though . 

7 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Just out of interest, with the addition of bath and west spaces were there more CV tickets available this year or have they reduced the amount of vehicles they are allowing on east and west?

Not sure we will know until we turn up and there are fewer fields to park on. How quickly they sold out would suggest that there's fewer tickets available but it could be there's more but demand was much higher.

10 hours ago, nicknoxx said:

I still haven't managed to get a campervan ticket which is particularly gutting as I have festival tickets and a campervan.  Are any more likely to go on sale?

Edit: I have just made this, my first post, but I joined on May 16, 2008 Is this a record longest lurker?

Have you looked into the off site options? Ashcombe farm campsite just off site, pop up motel and zooloos glamping, 

10 hours ago, nicknoxx said:

I still haven't managed to get a campervan ticket which is particularly gutting as I have festival tickets and a campervan.  Are any more likely to go on sale?

Edit: I have just made this, my first post, but I joined on May 16, 2008 Is this a record longest lurker?

Nope, sorry pal I am a bigger lurker then you.  :P April 4 2005. 

Same boat as you though. Need a East campervan field ticket and have me own caravan. This has also brought me out of my shell but I am not panicking yet though. Still lots of time to go.

22 minutes ago, Jist Jap Jee said:

Nope, sorry pal I am a bigger lurker then you.  :P April 4 2005. 

Same boat as you though. Need a East campervan field ticket and have me own caravan. This has also brought me out of my shell but I am not panicking yet though. Still lots of time to go.

We're all coming out of the woodwork now!

1 hour ago, nicknoxx said:

Yeah it can be done but the luxury of a campervan makes a significant difference to us.  I guess we're just soft.

We have done campervan and tents over the last 9 years at Glastonbury. This year we are going with the whole family, 3 generations and friends. We are celebrating my 60th and missed out on tipis. 

I too enjoy the 'luxury' of our T4 but am really looking forward to camping inside the fence again.

So what's the deal with the campervan tickets,was it like T day a lot of people not being able to get past the holding page etc until everything sold out or was there a lot of people who just got caught out,I would of thought with the extra space and no touts it would of been easier but it seems that this is not the case

26 minutes ago, Thearg said:

So what's the deal with the campervan tickets,was it like T day a lot of people not being able to get past the holding page etc until everything sold out or was there a lot of people who just got caught out,I would of thought with the extra space and no touts it would of been easier but it seems that this is not the case

Well Neil ended up with 3(?) and many others had duplicates so I think it sold out quickly because the system was allowing more than 1 to be bought on the same registration, so it's likely more will be available soon 

40 minutes ago, Thearg said:

I found it much easier than T day, I was sat in my truck in a yard in Dagenham tethering my iPad to my phone with a strong 4g signal.

i started refreshing the page at 1159, got the page that gives you the different accommodation option at 1200, straight to holding page, refreshing until I got through to reference number page at 1202, all done by 1204.

compare that to my usual t day experience of refreshing like mad and not getting a sniff of tickets, this year is the first time I've ever bought my own tickets, usually have to rely on friends to get through.

Edited by Smeble