Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

3 hours ago, Eks101 said:

You still have to bring all the camping equipment - just minus the actual tent. If you really are lazy then I would scratch WV off given that it is a loooong walk to the main stages and you may have to do it several times a day...

Is there no option to add on a bedding pack in WV?

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Hi, on the topic of hiring caravans and having them delivered to site...

From 2013 to 2015 we had hired a caravan from Tilshead, they delivered to site in the East fields and everything was good. We didn't get tickets last year but we are back for 2017! We contacted Tilshead but they said they had hired all their vans out to a private company offsite. We then contacted another company called BMV who said they could provide a 6 birth caravan and it would be delivered and set up in the East fields. After seeing the information today on the Glasto website and reading a few posts in this thread we panicked as we don't want to be off site (as lovely as I'm sure Bath and West is). It seems BMV are also none the wiser, have had multiple people contacting them with the same issue and they are currently chasing this up with Glastonbury.

I'll post the result of BMV's enquiry when we get it.

We used BMV a couple of years back. It will be interesting to hear what is confirmed back to them. It will definitely affect their business (and all the others like them) if this is a permanent thing going forward. It could help reduce the price though as it will become a much less attractive option.

Glastonbury have told BMV that the new rule applies to them. BMV clearly unhappy as they now have to inform all of their customers of the situation. They're also having a meeting internally to decide what to do. Answer by Saturday.

Our group is likely to cancel the booking and try for worthy view unless BMV come up with a work around.

3 hours ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

Is there no option to add on a bedding pack in WV?

WV is not really a 'glamping' choice - its for convenience, closer parking, no fight to get a spot to pitch your tent.  Podpads are provided without electricity and all of the other options they have on any other festival site - so no - no bedding it is just the basics... sorry

J

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 8:15 PM, northernbro said:

is there an option of the podpads with a double bed instead of 2 singles?

Yes, as some already said they offer the option of a double bed. However because these are placed sideways, they're only 1.80m long, wall to wall. 

Also, the podpads do include airbeds.

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It is indeed a sad thing Pear_Cider. I almost feel like a fraud around these parts because it's been a while since I went to Glastonbury. I shall miss the efests meet up. Cuts to the quick that does.

I'll help you in the resale, Yoghurt. I'm sure many of us will. The dream is still alive! 

E-mailed co. That I intend to hire caravan from if OK for showground, which it was, however they have now contacted the festival themselves and they said vans under 8m could still be delivered to east. ( they have sent me copy of e-mail from glasto confirming this)

Edited by slash's hat

9 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

E-mailed co. That I intend to hire caravan from if OK for showground, which it was, however they have now contacted the festival themselves and they said vans under 8m could still be delivered to east. ( they have sent me copy of e-mail from glasto confirming this)

Interesting, thanks.

UPDATE

Looks like GFL have already changed their minds!! 

"Please note, if you hire a caravan or campervan over 8m in length to be delivered to the site, it can only be delivered to the Bath & West campervan fields (not East or West). Caravans less than 8m may be delivered to the East campervan fields. Please ensure you book the correct campervan ticket for the length of vehicle you have hired."

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

Edited by StoneCircle

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

UPDATE

"Please note, if you hire a caravan or campervan over 8m in length to be delivered to the site, it can only be delivered to the Bath & West campervan fields (not East or West). Caravans less than 8m may be delivered to the East campervan fields. Please ensure you book the correct campervan ticket for the length of vehicle you have hired."

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

Yes! Crisis averted, thanks everyone for chasing this :-)

4 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

UPDATE

Ooh exciting times,  that sounds much simpler for any hire companies who have been going for many years,  as they know where to go and what to do. 

Thanks @slash's hat and @StoneCircle