Hip Hop, Rap, Grime 2017

Damy

12 hours ago, Badlands said:

You'd hope that in a year where we've got Chance, ATCQ, Frank and RTJ visiting our shores, that the bookers have managed to bag at least one of them. Appreciate Frank is a no no, but if we can get at least one of the others, I'd be happy.

That Parklife lineup is killing me. Has anyone in the over 35 age bracket been to it on here? I might drive down and back for that Sunday.

Granted I'm not in the over 35 bracket, but I've been 3 times and I really don't think it's anywhere near as bad as people make out.

It looks like Stormzy is gonna clash with Frank so most of the people who would've most likely killed the vibe for Frank will now go and see Stormzy instead.

I'd say do it.

18 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Any chance of Scroobius Pip? Not sure if anyone mentioned him, but I think he's quality. There's no tour dates on his Facebook page but if anyones got word or something about him touring it'd be great to know. Be good to see him at the farm

Think he's quit music as of a few years ago. Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip is over anyway and I dunno if he does solo stuff. Podcasts and acting nowadays.

Edited by dentalplan

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Think he's quit music as of a few years ago. Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip is over anyway and I dunno if he does solo stuff. Podcasts and acting nowadays.

I saw him and DLS had split but I think he's got some solo stuff. Didn't know he'd taken a break tho. Maybe too early for him to come back then. Cheers for the info tho

25 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I saw Chance on the Wednesday after glasto in 2015 and it was incredible, the fastest I've over got over the post glasto blues. He'd kill it anywhere on the farm, in the sun on West holts would suit me (I do say that for pretty much every act though)

If he was on WH he'd be headlining, so definitely wouldn't be in the sun :P May even be too big to headline WH now.

On 3/14/2017 at 8:47 PM, TiZuff said:

I live in manchester and ive been told to avoid by everyone. Though i am seeing frank in barcleona so maybe i can make that choice.

More people I know go to Parklife than any other festival, a lot of them are arseholes I know from school and work and I wouldn't want to spend a gig in crowd of people like them. But there's a lot of people not like them as well, the line-ups are absolutely always really well put together. I've been told that Sunday is "boring" and all the madness happens on the Saturday, I'm taking that as a good sign, along with the fact that very rare Frank and ATCQ shows back-to-back is obviously going to make this more of a pull than any other year for the more passionate connoisseur you'd rather share a crowd with. Then there's the double whammy of Frank's set not exactly being something meatheads will want to stand through.

On 26/03/2017 at 10:54 AM, Bza said:

Never heard this podcast before. Currently listening to the Yoda one. Loving it!

it's canny isn't ? The Frankie Boyle episode is pretty funny, some interesting listening on all of them though. Peak Times is also worth a listen for Mike Skinner fans.

6 hours ago, ogriff said:

Have POS / any of the Doomtree crew played Glasto?  POS' new album is on heavy rotation - not his best, but still got some great tracks.

Doomtree played, I think, in 2015 to a crowd of about 20 people in the Sonic stage. I think it was around 1pm on the Sunday. There were so few people that they actually just came into the "crowd" and performed the majority of the gig with a circle of people around them. 

I thought it was pretty fun, and fair play to them for giving it a bit of gusto when so few had bothered to turn up.

1 hour ago, imamazed said:

Doomtree played, I think, in 2015 to a crowd of about 20 people in the Sonic stage. I think it was around 1pm on the Sunday. There were so few people that they actually just came into the "crowd" and performed the majority of the gig with a circle of people around them. 

I thought it was pretty fun, and fair play to them for giving it a bit of gusto when so few had bothered to turn up.

That's awesome. I would have liked to see them but didn't wake up in time. Feels like a bit of a waste having them play that early, but I guess for the people there it'll be a memorable gig.

3 hours ago, imamazed said:

1 hour ago, OffshoreToon said:

That's awesome. I would have liked to see them but didn't wake up in time. Feels like a bit of a waste having them play that early, but I guess for the people there it'll be a memorable gig.

I'd never heard of them and never been to a set in Silver Hayes but went to see this set for some reason and it was pretty cool. I was completely dead though and laid on the floor with my eyes closed quite far from the actual crowd of people properly watching, hallucinating that I could hear bombs going off around me. An odd experience.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, imamazed said:

Ah. Sad to have missed that. Doubt I'd ever get as far as silver hayes by 1pm on a Sunday tho...