Hip Hop, Rap, Grime 2017

Damy

1 minute ago, OffshoreToon said:

Yeah, I caught them after Lese Majesty. A few tracks from Black Up had the whole building shaking. It was glorious.

I've never actually seen them at one of their own shows. I saw them support Flying Lotus in London in 2015, DOOM was supposed to be there too but of course he cancelled.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

Are there any bars or late night spots in glasto that plays lots of hip-hop? Preferably newer stuff like Kendrick, Travis, etc

not really mate. ive struggled to find anywhere for years. People normally will answer rum shack but tbh i never heard any new hip hop there (kendrick , travis, chance, kanye, rtj etc etc).

On 2017-5-18 at 1:06 AM, defrio29 said:

Are there any bars or late night spots in glasto that plays lots of hip-hop? Preferably newer stuff like Kendrick, Travis, etc

Sip the Juice DJ's were on at the Pussy Parlure either side of Blackalicious. All I can think of - maybe they'll be invited back for a bit more.

Anyway, dropped by to mention Joey Bada$$ having announced a tour for this October. Nigh on £25 tho which is a lot to say he hasn't properly blown up yet but them's the breaks.

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Sip the Juice DJ's were on at the Pussy Parlure either side of Blackalicious. All I can think of - maybe they'll be invited back for a bit more.

Anyway, dropped by to mention Joey Bada$$ having announced a tour for this October. Nigh on £25 tho which is a lot to say he hasn't properly blown up yet but them's the breaks.

His last tour was a similar price, think there was a £65 VIP option as well, which seemed wildly unjustifiable. 

I don't like it but I guess it's the price acts need to charge if they come over and do a small/concentrated tour

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I didn't know it was them, but I really enjoyed their set whilst waiting for Blackalicious

Just now, DJ Cull said:

Me too, & the Blackalicious set was one of my favourite things from the whole of last year's festival

Yeahman. I was exhausted by then if I remember rightly. I enjoyed how the big dude sat down on his chair by the turntables when it wasn't his verse.

Which members of BBK do we think are going to be there? I would assume that JME/Frisco/Jammer/Shorty will be there (as with the Reading/Leeds set), which I will thoroughly enjoy. Skepta was there too and, as he's been at the festival for the last 2 years, I'd hope he'll be there too. Considering the size of the slot though, and that Wiley is already there for the Saturday, I'm holding out hope that Wiley may join them. That would be amazinggggg. Is it likely though?

5 minutes ago, DefLeppard said:

Which members of BBK do we think are going to be there? I would assume that JME/Frisco/Jammer/Shorty will be there (as with the Reading/Leeds set), which I will thoroughly enjoy. Skepta was there too and, as he's been at the festival for the last 2 years, I'd hope he'll be there too. Considering the size of the slot though, and that Wiley is already there for the Saturday, I'm holding out hope that Wiley may join them. That would be amazinggggg. Is it likely though?

We can dream that Drake turns up and they do Jumpman... a dream

20 minutes ago, tensionhead89 said:

Just noticed that Wiki from Ratking is playing Wow! on Sunday night. Might try and catch some of him after Justice. 

I know it's not very likely, but chances of him joining BBK? He was on a That's Not Me remix