Hip Hop, Rap, Grime 2017

Damy

7 minutes ago, J1990 said:

Anybody got anything by Chance they can recommend?

Tried getting into his 'Coloring book' album on Spotify but there were too many features to be able to get into him. Is that all he's released?

Acid Rap is a good project (not on spotify).

Surf (Donnie Trumpet and the Social experiment) is on spotify, another of his projects from last year. Had rave reviews in a lot of places, I'm not a massive fan of it.

Echoing what's been said about acid rap, it's brilliant. Surf is overlooked as well, probably because it isn't a proper chance album, it's top though. Saw him last year the Wednesday after Glastonbury and it was incredible, he's an epic performer and if he's got the social performer behind him the energy is insane. Didn't realise he was as big as people are touting here to be fair, I'd have said high JP. 

8 hours ago, swede said:

Downloaded tribes new album yesterday, unbelievable ! What an album 

It really is amazing isn't it?!?

Problem I'm having is I keep finding myself singing 'Muslims and gays, boy we hate your ways'. Doesn't sound great out of context!

Q tips verse on 'enough' is just perfection, must have listened to it about 50 times already.

1 hour ago, bigfurbdogg said:

It really is amazing isn't it?!?

Problem I'm having is I keep finding myself singing 'Muslims and gays, boy we hate your ways'. Doesn't sound great out of context!

Q tips verse on 'enough' is just perfection, must have listened to it about 50 times already.

Q Tip absolutely kills it on that album 

Hardly brand new, but I gave the Mick Jenkins album (The Healing Component) a spin yesterday. I was a big fan of the Water, and although this probably isn't quite as good, it's a pretty decent record. He's also great live, so here's hoping he swings by Somerset next June.

EDIT - what the fuck have I done here? Don't know how to fix!

Edited by big__phil

On 11/29/2016 at 9:03 AM, big__phil said:

Hardly brand new, but I gave the Mick Jenkins album (The Healing Component) a spin yesterday. I was a big fan of the Water, and although this probably isn't quite as good, it's a pretty decent record. He's also great live, so here's hoping he swings by Somerset next June.

EDIT - what the fuck have I done here? Don't know how to fix!

Catching up on this thread and that's properly made me laugh Phil.  Thanks for that :lol:

Edited by Quark

2 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Liking that 14 song tracklist. Looking forward to this a lot. More than likely be seeing them at Primavera but id take them at Glastonbury as well

1 hour ago, ConorC said:

A wild J. Cole appears...

More chance of wireless than glasto but exciting to have him back nonetheless.

Don't think Cole has much of a leg to stand on accusing other rappers of being the white people's choice. :P

That being said, I'm liking the sound of this so far, I've never loved a whole project from J. Cole, there's always a couple of tracks that are the quality of say 'Let Nas Down' but the rest fall into mediocrity for me. I hope he's been inspired to change up the beat selection and flows on his next project.