Hip Hop, Rap, Grime 2017

Damy

21 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

HiphopgrimeSHITimogoodmorningallwakeupandlistentosomenicehappymusicinsteadofSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

And I hope you all shut up for the fallen.... Have a good weekend. G

I like how we need reminded by Guy to respect the armistice because we like that shouty music. 

Pillock.

4 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Public enemy announced for Open'er Fest in Poland the week after glasto. Surely nailed on for glasto now with that and chuck d's tweet about probably playing?

Interstingly Cypress Hill were also announced. Would love that.

Everyone on here seemed to be keen to see Prophets of Rage but personally I'd much rather Public Enemy. So this is good news for me

1 minute ago, somecoolusername said:

Everyone on here seemed to be keen to see Prophets of Rage but personally I'd much rather Public Enemy. So this is good news for me

Was good news for me aswell. But just checked and it's Prophets of Rage who have been announced for Open'er.

2 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

Well RATM and Cypress Hill have also been announced for the same fest on the same day so there's still a strong possibility of it being Prophets of Rage at glasto I suppose.

17 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

Oh. Oh well...

Ruined your dreams a little bit there haven't I, massive apologies! In my defence the tweet I read had said that they were playing separately.

I've already seen Public Enemy live so I'm quite happy about this from a selfish point of view. That gig is in my top 10 though so would've been nice to see em again, ah well.

Edited by ConorC

3 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Ruined your dreams a little bit there aren't I, massive apologies! In my defence the tweet I read had said that they were playing separately.

I've already seen Public Enemy live so I'm quite happy about this from a selfish point of view. That gig is in my top 10 though so would've been nice to see em again, ah well.

Nah, it's alright. Would still be pretty excited to see Prophets of Rage!

• Upvote 1

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:14 PM, TheBurns said:

Run The Jewels should have their new album out and hopefully they play again. Saw them this year and at glasto in 2015 and both times they were excellent.

I saw them in 2015 and it was one of my highlights. However, that was almost entirely because of the energy and i'd been a fan of El-P for so long, so seeing them was enough. From my position though (a row or so back from the front), I thought the sound was pretty appalling, the bass was just too much. Couldn't hear a thing. Couldn't hear any of the lyrics. Was it different at any other parts of the crowd?

23 minutes ago, calamitymaud said:

I saw them in 2015 and it was one of my highlights. However, that was almost entirely because of the energy and i'd been a fan of El-P for so long, so seeing them was enough. From my position though (a row or so back from the front), I thought the sound was pretty appalling, the bass was just too much. Couldn't hear a thing. Couldn't hear any of the lyrics. Was it different at any other parts of the crowd?

Sound was fine where I was - to the right about 10-15 rows back.

Terrible for Caribou afterwards though, I had to move around quite a bit to try and hear.  Not helped by the amount of people there to just talk all over it either.

Just now, Alex DeLarge said:

LOVING the new Childish Gambino track.

I can't think of an artist in hip-hop that has matured as much this decade as Gambino, how did he go from generic 'I'm not like other rappers!' tripe to this gorgeous, strange Funkadelic influenced sound? Bloody marvellous. 

I love it too. I really think Donald Glover is a genius. I was a fan of his comedy before he started releasing music. His new show Atlanta is so good

1 hour ago, calamitymaud said:

I remember it being great where I was which I think was the middle. Drank a bottle of red wine through it though after a day of drinking. That set is one of my highlights of the 6 Glastos I've been to, the sun coming out after all that rain, the people around me, the music, the wine... perfect Friday evening stuff. Can't describe it without happily chuckling to be honest.