Hip Hop, Rap, Grime 2017

Damy

Thoughts on that Nxworries album? It’s all a bit half-baked to me, lots of unfinished ideas. Still a couple of bangers on it, and if there’s any justice in the world  Paaks 1st Aftermath release should make him a star.

Edited by Badlands

I saw Action Bronson last year in Manchester and he was pretty rubbish, guess it was an off night cozy I've heard loads of praise for other shows so I'd give him another go. The Chance show a couple of months before in the same venue was much better, he'd be a great addition. 

Saw Death Grips the other night and still ache, can't see them being at Glastonbury though.

Has anyone listened to Swet Shop Boys? I know nothing about them but randomly started listening to their album the other day, I don't really know of I like it yet they sound like they'd be entertaining though.

Edited by priest17
PS, death grips were utterly incredible, never seen anything like it in hundreds of gigs

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

Thoughts on that Nxworries album? It’s all a bit half-baked to me, lots of unfinished ideas. Still a couple of bangers on it, and if there’s any justice in the world  Paaks 1st Aftermath release should make him a star.

Yeah it's alright but didn't really grab my interest that much. Been so much of Paak this year that it felt like overkill but it's great that he's got such a work ethic when it comes to studio releases.

13 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Saw Death Grips the other night and still ache, can't see them being at Glastonbury though.

Has anyone listened to Swet Shop Boys? I know nothing about them but randomly started listening to their album the other day, I don't really know of I like it yet they sound like they'd be entertaining though.

Yea Death Grips was fantastic. Really good time. They played nearly thirty songs and it still flew by - need some more.

I do quite like that Swet Shop Boys release; one of the guys is from Das Racist so it's thematically a lot similar but they were brilliant when they were about. The other one is Riz Ahmed who you might have seen in movies, but obviously he was already a good rapper and it's not a Joaquin Phoenix type thing. :P

51 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it's alright but didn't really grab my interest that much. Been so much of Paak this year that it felt like overkill but it's great that he's got such a work ethic when it comes to studio releases.

Yea Death Grips was fantastic. Really good time. They played nearly thirty songs and it still flew by - need some more.

I do quite like that Swet Shop Boys release; one of the guys is from Das Racist so it's thematically a lot similar but they were brilliant when they were about. The other one is Riz Ahmed who you might have seen in movies, but obviously he was already a good rapper and it's not a Joaquin Phoenix type thing. :P

Riz Ahmed is just one of those really annoying fucking kids at school who was - without any effort whatsoever (probably not, but made it look that way!) - good at EVERYTHING! 

I fucking love him. 

SwetShopBoys are ace. 

He is incredible in The Night Of on telly. 

And his contribution to The Good Immigrant is STUNNING. 

Please read and enjoy. 

I have an unashamed man crush. 

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/15/riz-ahmed-typecast-as-a-terrorist?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Upvote 1

In case anyone's interested Riz Ahmed's also done a little bit of rapping under the name Riz MC. 

Ranges from jokey-social (Post-9/11 Blues) to more sincere (Bitter Times).

I'd like to see Swet Shop Boys, Action Bronson, Aesop Rock, RTJ. Can also see the Weeknd playing, which would be cool

On 14/10/2016 at 4:49 PM, Cornelius_Fudge said:

I saw Brother Ali back in 2010, if I remember correctly (I was pretty drunk), but he was awesome

Nah man, you were spot on. I took a load of people who'd never heard of him and they loved him. Proper sunny, few Brother's...  You must have started early! I like it!

On 20/10/2016 at 8:19 AM, kalifire said:

If RTJ release #3 in time, I think they might headline West Holts. Imagine a clash between them and Radiohead. Man  

The Roots would be Pyramid material, surely. I'd watch them against any other headliner I can think of. 

Don't be a dick mate.

• Upvote 1

I would love to see Action Bronson on The Park or West Holts. As mentioned he does have the odd off night, but when he does show up he puts in one hell of a shift and sends his audiences wild! Joey Bada$$ would be a great booking too.

It would be great to see Busta Rhymes get a run out and i missed the years Wu-Tang (not going to happen) and J5 played so for purely selfish reasons i would love to see their names on the line up poster when it drops too.

Edited by Familiar2billions

woah Eric B. & Rakim reunited for the first time since '93. Hope they can line that up.

Anyone seen Rakim live? Good experience?

Also reminds me to shout up for KRS-One on a late night stage. He's always trekking around the UK playing weird towns now so Glastonbury should be added to that.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1