Hip Hop, Rap, Grime 2017

Damy

Would love to see RTJ again and Danny Brown's new album is fantastic but I don't want the same hip hop acts being booked every album cos there's only like three or four on the main stages.

Kendrick or Rocky for the Pyramid. Joey Bada$$, Schoolboy Q or Anderson Paak on West Holts. Also some pleasant surprises like Blackalicious on Silver Hayes was this year.

17 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Kool Keith for late afternoon park slot plz.

You're 8 years too late fella?

I'd love to see Paak there. Wouldn't mind Gambino either, though I only really got into his first album and the mixtapes around that.

That Danny Brown has got some dark lyrical content mind...

I'm happy someone started this thread because there didn't seem to be a lot of hip hop touted on peoples festival predications etc, except maybe Kendrick Lamaar.

Can anyone recommend any songs of his?

I love Wu Tang, Jurassic 5, the Roots, A Tribe Called Quest, Q-Tip, Blackalicious, De La Soul, (and if any of those turned up I'd be elated) but so far the stuff I've listened to of KL doesn't really do it for me. I don't know if I need to give it more time.

2 minutes ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

I'm happy someone started this thread because there didn't seem to be a lot of hip hop touted on peoples festival predications etc, except maybe Kendrick Lamaar.

Can anyone recommend any songs of his?

I love Wu Tang, Jurassic 5, the Roots, A Tribe Called Quest, Q-Tip, Blackalicious, De La Soul, (and if any of those turned up I'd be elated) but so far the stuff I've listened to of KL doesn't really do it for me. I don't know if I need to give it more time.

What have you listened to of his?

9 minutes ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

Started with good kid, m.A.A.d city, got about half way through but there wasn't anything that really got me moving or interested

Check out the rest of his catalogue.

Section .80 is brilliant, To Pimp A Butterfly is a masterpiece. All have their own separate sound.

Then untitled unmastered. from this year!

22 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Check out the rest of his catalogue.

Section .80 is brilliant, To Pimp A Butterfly is a masterpiece. All have their own separate sound.

Then untitled unmastered. from this year!

Cheers, I'll give it a whirl. Just finished listening to Joey Bada$$ and liked that almost straight off the bat.

Plenty of time to give it all a try.

PS - if Roots Manuva played that'd be amazing too!

4 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

RTJ Pyramid and Anderson .Paak WH.

Would like to see Danny Brown return after missing him in 2014.

And Kendrick headlining Friday night.

aye i don't have much new hip hop to add for this year that i haven't been asking for in previous years, but these four would do me despite me not thinking any are that likely 

The Roots in the Friday hip hop slot would also be pretty ace if they're not gonna stick with the current grime hype