Guns N Roses

Damy

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

If I recall correctly in 2017 when they played london stadium  it was 95 for standing. Dont know if they had golden circle or not.

I wasn't there but gather they did. Something in the region of 150 I think.

I'm a big fan of GNR but have seen them once on the reunion tour (at Download) and so am not gagging to catch them again. They are still playing more or less the same setlist as when I saw them in '92 at Wembley (£25 a ticket, no golden circle, Faith No More and Soundgarden supporting). If they were to start mixing it up a bit and playing some more deep cuts, I might be tempted, but a man can only enjoy Knockin' on Heaven's Door so many times.

saw them 5 times in brazil in 2016-2017, one of them at Rock in Rio (The Who opening for them) and couple months ago at Austin City Limits! All concerts were amazing...They put on a hell of a show! Axl is not the same anymore but...still...he's Axl Rose. And Slash? That guy is the definition of a Guitar hero! I do think that would be amazing to see them headlining the Pyramid or even the Other stage

7 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I wasn't there but gather they did. Something in the region of 150 I think.

I'm a big fan of GNR but have seen them once on the reunion tour (at Download) and so am not gagging to catch them again. They are still playing more or less the same setlist as when I saw them in '92 at Wembley (£25 a ticket, no golden circle, Faith No More and Soundgarden supporting). If they were to start mixing it up a bit and playing some more deep cuts, I might be tempted, but a man can only enjoy Knockin' on Heaven's Door so many times.

Yeah, I was just here for Glasto and they happen to have been playing that weekend when I arrived. I had seen them at Coachella the year before so no need to bother seeing them. From this whole return wince 2016, the only show that couldve been seen as been worth the ticket cost in terms of having some extra material was in 2017 in Los Angeles and they did a 4 hour plus marathon. It was the last show of that leg, so some incentive it seems.

1 hour ago, everest said:

Fan pit in Firenza and Vienna will be around 180€. 

Whats going on with this world? 

Prices for concerts are too high. For 180€ you can go on some festivals for 4 days

I thought £110 for seated tickets to see Muse was excessive.

Its really odd just how pricey and out of control these have all got in the last 10 years. I would say its a bubble but at the end of the day they've said that about football for years.

Yes, concert ticket prices are getting very high I think. Of course, as long as people continue to pay them, they'll not come down. I think what happens is people just go to fewer concerts. I'm now inclined to see fewer bands, and also not catch multiple shows on tours of bands I really love. A shame for me, but someone's got to keep Steve Tyler in silk scarves...

19 hours ago, charlierc said:

I thought £110 for seated tickets to see Muse was excessive.

Its really odd just how pricey and out of control these have all got in the last 10 years. I would say its a bubble but at the end of the day they've said that about football for years.

Its Live Nation overpaying acts to get them to do shows/tours with them. Its just caught up to the rest of the industry. Agents expect a certain price, so the big promoters oblige or else they dont get the talent. Logistics have gotten more expensive too, and more artist have to rely on touring to make a living so they get what they can. Its going to change even more if brexit happens and then theres tariffs and fees and whatever other red tape will get in the way of bands being able to simply tour through the uk and europe. So bands will either make prices higher to cover their costs, or not tour anywhere else because they cant do it. Its already happening in the u.s. with foreign bands not coming here to tour because of the bs they gotta put up with and pay for. And high ticket prices which are nowhere near justifiable for certain acts. Bloc Party came through in november and it cost $75 after fees for a standing ticket. In what world should they charge that kind of money? 

16 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Its Live Nation overpaying acts to get them to do shows/tours with them. Its just caught up to the rest of the industry. Agents expect a certain price, so the big promoters oblige or else they dont get the talent. Logistics have gotten more expensive too, and more artist have to rely on touring to make a living so they get what they can. Its going to change even more if brexit happens and then theres tariffs and fees and whatever other red tape will get in the way of bands being able to simply tour through the uk and europe. So bands will either make prices higher to cover their costs, or not tour anywhere else because they cant do it. Its already happening in the u.s. with foreign bands not coming here to tour because of the bs they gotta put up with and pay for. And high ticket prices which are nowhere near justifiable for certain acts. Bloc Party came through in november and it cost $75 after fees for a standing ticket. In what world should they charge that kind of money? 

I did wonder if Live Nation was part of it, as I've noticed they've become more prevalent.

There's no "if" with Brexit anymore, sadly, but it equally depends on what nature of a deal will be made between the UK and the EU. There is the possibility of a deal that may keep things as they are and potential for one that just creates a shit-ton of extra costs, which means 2021 is potentially going to be pretty chaotic, assuming the transition isn't extended.

But even then, as its already happening in America, its plausible it was about to happen over here anyway to follow on from the general rise and extra logistics costs. Current exchange rate suggests that's about £56, which is £20 more than what I paid to see them in Manchester.

There's all sorts of industry and economic forces at play, but at the end of the day it's really simple sadly. People are willing to pay for them. Supply and demand.

If fans and concert goers collectively said "fuck that" in enough numbers, prices would start dropping.

18 hours ago, Suprefan said:

...Its going to change even more if brexit happens and then theres tariffs and fees and whatever other red tape will get in the way of bands being able to simply tour through the uk...

In terms of Brexit:

It's already a PITA for bands from outside of the EU to cross our border.

More than it used to be anyway.

Used to be:

"Do you have a work permit? Yes. In you come".

Now it's, "Do you have a Certificate Of Sponsership? Yes. Give me half an hour while I cross reference check this on the really slow new system. You're Earth Wind & Fire you say. And there's fifteen of you (minus crew). Better make that a couple of hours then". (Timings may be exaggerated to make the point).

Come Brexit same rules will surely apply to bands from the EU as well.

To stay on thread:

'kin love G'n'R. Can't believe it will have been ten years since Slash played. Would love them to be there. Hope they're not up against Macca. Etc...

14 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Prices (pre-fees) for the London gig:

Seats: £78.70 - £144.75
Standing: £101.20 ea
Golden Standing: £177.50

When you consider Glastonbury is only £150 more to go to the best party on the planet & see other acts that would charge similar prices... we really do get a good deal.

28 minutes ago, Bisque said:

When you consider Glastonbury is only £150 more to go to the best party on the planet & see other acts that would charge similar prices... we really do get a good deal.

Glastonbury especially, but many festivals in general still represent great value for money compared to regular gigs.

Another factor is record companies getting 360 deals with artists, which means they get a cut of any touring profits, which is a relatively new thing.

Hopefully new artists will realise they don't need a record label to survive and thus can make a sustainable career on less sales and cheaper concerts.

13 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Hopefully new artists will realise they don't need a record label to survive and thus can make a sustainable career on less sales and cheaper concerts.

With the advent of Spotify etc is this viable?

I miss the days of getting cheap tickets off ebay a couple of days before a gig.

4 minutes ago, Bisque said:

With the advent of Spotify etc is this viable?

I would argue that it is more viable than before. The logistics of pressing physical media and shipping to retailers is out of bounds for independent musicians. Given that Spotify and similar streaming services look like the future of music distribution, it is accessible to independents - even though they likely will not get much money from it.