Guns N Roses

Damy

I'd be a bit....meh.  Everyone's going on about the big reunion, but there's no Izzy Stradlin and no Steve Adler or Matt Sorum, and Izzy's guitar work was always underrated I think. Add to that Axl's voice is hardly what it was and it's just not what I'd be after really.

It's a possibility, but a few people have said about the money being an issue.

I'd go with unlikely and not for me, but as always there'll be plenty of other stuff on if they do play!

meh i can appreciate some of their work but still GnR just screams corporate. If they want a classic rock band they should book Pearl Jam, who I believe fully would get the deal seeing how they socially aware they are (atleast comparing to other bands). PJ would be so perfect for Glasto for so many reasons :( but GnR, nah can't stand Axl

Personally I would love to see GNR play all their hits but are they not too risky for the festival? Axel is notorious for fucking over crowds, doing no shows etc etc and the fact that Glasto doesnt "pay" would not be very appealing to this lot, as has been mentioned. I dont see it happening and even if it was announced would still guarantee nothing 

In 2010 Slash played a superb set to a good sized crowd in blistering sunshine and seemed to really be enjoying himself. His announcement was a total surprise at the time. Axle is apparently back on fine form. I think this could happen especially if they are guaranteed full TV coverage.

On 14/10/2016 at 3:49 PM, ThomThomDrum said:

Personally I would love to see GNR play all their hits but are they not too risky for the festival? Axel is notorious for fucking over crowds, doing no shows etc etc and the fact that Glasto doesnt "pay" would not be very appealing to this lot, as has been mentioned. I dont see it happening and even if it was announced would still guarantee nothing 

Twice less risky than Metallica. I haven't heard of him pissing around on their current tour but it may have happened.

I don't buy the pay thing. The Rolling Stones played for a fraction of their usual demand and didn't they see a huge increase in record sales?

G'N'R won't be playing G. Would love them too though.

35 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

I don't buy the pay thing. The Rolling Stones played for a fraction of their usual demand and didn't they see a huge increase in record sales?

They might have had a sales boost but it won't have been substantial enough to make up what they'd normally be paid. The desire to do Glastonbury must have been there as well.

• 3 years later...

June

02 Hamburg Volksparkstadion, Germany
06 Solvesborg Sweden Rock Festival, Sweden
09 Vienna Ernst Happel Stadium, Austria
12 Firenze Firenze Rocks Festival, Italy
14 Berne Stade de Suisse. Switzerland
17 Warsaw PGE Narodowy, Poland
19 Prague Letnany Airport, Czech Republic
21 Landgraaf Pinkpop Festival, Holland
27 Dublin Marlay Park Concert Series, Ireland

3 minutes ago, UEF said:

Indeed the Tottenham gig is too far away. But could they do Dublin on a Saturday and do Glasto on Friday or Sunday? Or is it too close together to include the sea crossing?

Glasto Friday and Dublin Sunday would be possible in theory, but those dates don't suggest to me that they're up for doing back to back shows on the tour.