Bilbao BBK Live 2017

Trk

3 minutes ago, Orens said:

He's not, already performing Primavera Sound.

Chance just canceled four Euro festivals in August, so don't count on him announcing other ones soon.

He's still doing his July dates though and he's in London on the Friday. I doubt it, but it's possible. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

He's still doing his July dates though and he's in London on the Friday. I doubt it, but it's possible. 

I know, but announcing it following the cancellations would be strange, to say the least.

Chance is big right now and has so many shows booked at the moment, I can't imagine him being announced so close to the festival.

18 minutes ago, gregory said:

No hint of an announcement so far today, they're not very good with communicating. 

I'll go with Editors, The Kills, Cold War Kids, Local Natives, MØ, Future Islands. 

They said the announcement was in 24 hours in the comments of their last Facebook post. I'd assume it'll be at 11.

1 minute ago, LiamMcMillen said:

They said the announcement was in 24 hours in the comments of their last Facebook post. I'd assume it'll be at 11.

They say a lot of things like that, haha. Actually that comment kind of said there are 24 hours in a day, not it will come in 24 hours, if I understood correctly. We'll know soon enough, really hope it is today. :)

I'll add one of Haim, Paramore, Empire Of The Sun as a few random Saturday co-headliner guesses.

3 minutes ago, gregory said:

They say a lot of things like that, haha. Actually that comment kind of said there are 24 hours in a day, not it will come in 24 hours, if I understood correctly. We'll know soon enough, really hope it is today. :)

I'll add one of Haim, Paramore, Empire Of The Sun as a few random Saturday co-headliner guesses.

Yeah, very true. What is it about European festivals and bad social media? I'd love Haim!

3 hours ago, gregory said:

Monday it is (motherf*ckers).

"os aseguramos que merecerá la pena la espera" ...it better be. 

Is that this coming Monday or just a general unspecified Monday between now and then?

I recall what seemed like a similarly drawn out wait for the Saturday headliners the first year I went and then we ended up with Garbage and Keane.  Not setting my hopes too high for the remainder of acts to be announced!

Edited by Lord Rooster
Spelling error

23 minutes ago, Lord Rooster said:

Is that this coming Monday or just a general unspecified Monday between now and then?

I recall what seemed like a similarly drawn out wait for the Saturday headliners the first year I went and then we ended up with Garbage and Keane.  Not setting my hopes too high for the remainder of acts to be announced!

Yep - we went in 2012 and was really full of optimism with The Cure and Radiohead announced and then it was a case of......'what the....?!?' it was as random a combination as it was bad.

Trying to be optimistic this time around and hoping they have a decent act who has embargoed the announcement until they are ready. 

Edited by jay_bee

1 hour ago, LiamMcMillen said:

I think this a really decent line up. I count 8 bands I want to see on the 6th, 7 I want to see one the 7th and 8 I want to see on the 8th. That's good enough for me. BBK have a knack of booking bands you'd want to see in the sun with a pint. 

I'm happy too, but nothing I like in this announcement apart from Trentmoller. Going to be running from stage to stage on Thurs/Fri! 

1 hour ago, gregory said:

I'm happy too, but nothing I like in this announcement apart from Trentmoller. Going to be running from stage to stage on Thurs/Fri! 

I've always wanted to see Primal Scream and I love !!! And I think Saint Motel will be fun in the sun. Not a massive fan of Trentmoller. What would you recommend? 

I plan to try see; (those in bold especially)

(Thurs 6) (Fri 7) (Sat 8th)
Depeche Mode The Killers  Two Door Cinema Club
Justice Phoenix Brian Wilson
The 1975 Fleet Foxes  The Lemon Twigs
Spoon Royal Blood !!!
The Avalanches Explosions in Sky Blonde Readhead
Circa Waves Trentemøller The Orwells
Austra Sundara Karma Saint Motel
Cage The Elephant Jessy Lanza  
  Joe Goddard   
  The Amazons  

Not too bad is it. That is basically every non-Spanish act though so