Bilbao BBK Live 2017

Trk

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Questions for those that have been before...

1. Has anyone ever stayed at Balneario Areatza hotel? I realise after booking it's quite a trek to the festival and city centre? Anyone have any travel advice on that?

2. What time do buses generally run from festival to Bilbao until after last act?

3. Are taxis easy to find and book? what sort of prices will I be looking at?

Thanks

On 10/2/2017 at 1:08 PM, benji08 said:

1. Has anyone ever stayed at Balneario Areatza hotel? I realise after booking it's quite a trek to the festival and city centre? Anyone have any travel advice on that?

2. What time do buses generally run from festival to Bilbao until after last act?

Thanks

1.Areatza is kind of far from the city and the festival site (consider changing it). Anyway, you have buses to & from the central bus station in Bilbao, just look for the Bilbao-Zeanuri bus.

2.The Shuttle buses that connect Bilbao and the festival work 24/7.

3.I cannot help you with the taxi thing, I have never had to take one (shuttle buses do the job).

On 10/02/2017 at 0:08 PM, benji08 said:

Thanks

Hi, we went in 2012 (and are going again this year). Unless things have changed (which I don't think they have) there are are two shuttle busses, one from close to the football stadium (San Mames) and the other goes to the BEC (an out of town exhibition centre in the Barakaldo area).

From memory they were really well organised, frequent and free!  There is a bit of a hike up the hill when you are dropped off but that adds to the fun.

Like the last reply I would suggest booking some else if you are able to.

Was just looking at the dates where bands/other festivals have published them and it looks like (based on what I could be bothered to look at ;) ):

Thurs 6th

Depeche Mode/Justice

Fri 7th 

The Killers/Phoenix/2 door CC

Sat 

Die Antwoord

..................................based on the fact that they were saying that Phoenix/2 door CC were co-headlining, does this mean that they have another headliner for the Saturday night?  If so is this likely to be The XX as they are playing NOS on the 6th with no other dates around it and would work (unless they are a Spanish exclusive on Primavera?)??

Notice that The Chemical Brothers are doing some DJ dates - would be nice after one of the headliners??

TDCC are definitely in Glasgow on Sun 9th and Barcelona (Cruilla) on either Fri 7th or Sat 8th.

Either way this does suggest another headliner-ish type act for Saturday? I am fairly happy with the way the line up is coming together - but given Saturday is always a big 'day ticket' day I reckon they have something up their sleeves.

2 hours ago, jay_bee said:

TDCC are definitely in Glasgow on Sun 9th and Barcelona (Cruilla) on either Fri 7th or Sat 8th.

Either way this does suggest another headliner-ish type act for Saturday? I am fairly happy with the way the line up is coming together - but given Saturday is always a big 'day ticket' day I reckon they have something up their sleeves.

Would be nice. Racking my brains, I can't think who though. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/03/2017 at 11:50 AM, LiamMcMillen said:

There's an announcement this week. Predictions? 

So far, (excluding Basoa) they have announced 21 acts - last year across the 3 days they had 20 acts per day (60 overall).

So with less than 4 months to go they have only announced a third of the acts!?!

Mumford and Sons are starting European dates on the 15th July at the moment (but have no Spanish date in).  They do tend to have artists re-appear over the years (Mumfords were on in 2012 and 2015) so they may be a good shout for Saturday?

Eddie Vedder has no Spanish dates in as yet and is over around that time and Lorde only has one european date in so far (both around the right sort of date range)?

To be honest, I haven't a clue really :)

I wouldn't mind the Chemical Brothers doing an after headliner DJ set (they are doing DJ sets and they have been booked here and at a sister festival before) and/or Leftfield who are out performing Leftism.

The mix so far is fairly eclectic and the Brian Wilson signing was a nice surprise so lets see what tomorrow brings ;)

6 hours ago, jay_bee said:

So far, (excluding Basoa) they have announced 21 acts - last year across the 3 days they had 20 acts per day (60 overall).

So with less than 4 months to go they have only announced a third of the acts!?!

Mumford and Sons are starting European dates on the 15th July at the moment (but have no Spanish date in).  They do tend to have artists re-appear over the years (Mumfords were on in 2012 and 2015) so they may be a good shout for Saturday?

Eddie Vedder has no Spanish dates in as yet and is over around that time and Lorde only has one european date in so far (both around the right sort of date range)?

To be honest, I haven't a clue really :)

I wouldn't mind the Chemical Brothers doing an after headliner DJ set (they are doing DJ sets and they have been booked here and at a sister festival before) and/or Leftfield who are out performing Leftism.

The mix so far is fairly eclectic and the Brian Wilson signing was a nice surprise so lets see what tomorrow brings ;)

No chance for EV, his date in Sicily is the last one. Lorde so far has 4 dates (roskilde, werchter, switzerland and hurricane) - all before BBK

That's so average. DM, Royal Blood, Cage The Elephant, Spoon & Brian Wilson. Nothing else. Wondering what is worse: this or Beni? So happy that Mad Cool is my summer destination.

4 hours ago, pete76 said:

That's so average. DM, Royal Blood, Cage The Elephant, Spoon & Brian Wilson. Nothing else. Wondering what is worse: this or Beni? So happy that Mad Cool is my summer destination.

Also Phoenix, Justice, Fleet Foxes, Die Antwoord, Explosions in the Sky, Joe Goddard, Circa Waves, Gus Gus, Daphni, Nicola Cruz, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Dixon, The Black Madonna, DJ Tennis...

Hell, I'm not even going this year, but they put on a great lineup considering the festival's size (about half of Mad Cool's capacity), format and the competition, focusing on a certain niché instead of shooting all around.

Clearly this festival isn't for you, but I believe BBK will succeed despite Mad Cool's shift to its traditional weekend.

1 hour ago, Orens said:

Also Phoenix, Justice, Fleet Foxes, Die Antwoord, Explosions in the Sky, Joe Goddard, Circa Waves, Gus Gus, Daphni, Nicola Cruz, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Dixon, The Black Madonna, DJ Tennis...

Hell, I'm not even going this year, but they put on a great lineup considering the festival's size (about half of Mad Cool's capacity), format and the competition, focusing on a certain niché instead of shooting all around.

Clearly this festival isn't for you, but I believe BBK will succeed despite Mad Cool's shift to its traditional weekend.

I was in Bilbao in 2010 and that was probably best line up i ever seen. Wish them all the best cause i had a lovely time there. Hope they will sell out. The Killers & Depeche Mode are very strong set of headliners.  Also MCF & NOS Alive are already sold out, so it might make things easier for BBK.