The Free Citizens' Movement to Bring Sufjan Stevens to Glastonbury 2017

Amy Lawn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s good. It’s very good. Feels like a more stripped back continuation of Planetarium to me, which I love, but can imagine those turned on to him by Carrie & Lowell might not dig it so much. 

Hard to say if it’s up there with his classics, and there’s a lot to unpack, but there are definitely some gorgeous highs in there.

Yes this feels like a mix between the planeterium stuff and age of adz, sometimes this album is absoloutely boinkers, sometimes it's the popiest sufjan has sounded (always a unique popiness)

Some stuff especially lamentations, die happy and death star reminded me alot of his year of the rabbit album. 

Though not my favourite sufjan as of yet (that goes to tied between age of adz and illinois) it definitely feels like a culmination of alot of Sufjan's previous sounds. 

• 6 months later...