The Free Citizens' Movement to Bring Sufjan Stevens to Glastonbury 2017

Amy Lawn

We, the people, hereby demand that Sufjan Stevens bring his festival show of maximalist pop brilliance to Glastonbury in 2017.

After many years of shunning festivals, Sufjan (Subaru to his friends and swimming instructors) toured America last year with an extravagant stage show which had been purpose built for festival crowds. If anything, this career-spanning epic of joy was too good for the Americans, and it's only just that this carnival rolls around to Worthy Farm next year; the ultimate festival set at the world's best festival.

As a sample of the sort of thing we're campaigning for, here is footage of his set from Sasquatch festival.

Our demands are clear and simple; a set lasting no less than one hour and ten minutes, on either the Pyramid during the daytime or a headline set on the groovy new John Peel stage.

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He's obviously a Park headliner.  Saturday night, please.

I reckon he's a bigger potato than your average Park headliner. Certainly much bigger than this year's three, and a similar size to the WH and JP headliners. I don't know that the wee Park stage can contain his majestic grandiose pageantry.

Sufjan has had a pretty decent surge of popularity off the back of Carrie and Lowell, I feel. I reckon he could even fit in towards the top of the Other.

Although, does he have any touring plans for next summer? Seems like a long time on the road for one album.