The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

On 4/1/2017 at 8:13 PM, Mr.Tease said:

The only complication is that since everyone probably has multiple people trying for them, then it cancels out the advantage! Everyone having 5 people try for them is the same odds as everyone having just themselves trying.

It does however slow the process down so they don't sell out in the blink of an eye (hopefully!) 

Agree with that too - though if you're on your own, your chances go right down.  I've been blessed to have people get through for me, feels like I'm hardly ever the one to be successful, so although I've been lucky enough to have been there so often I can easily believe that individually it's a very low success rate (anomalies aside).

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, celticvillan said:

We got 3 in original sale, 2 have gone back in pot, due to relationship break up. Don't give up hope. 

Yep, we had 5, 2 gone back in pot due to a due-date being within weeks.  And trying for 2 more :)

Does anyone know how many tickets you can purchase in the resale? Is it likely to be 2 or 4? None of our group got anywhere near in the main sale and we are likely to need 6! This would be my 12th if I can make it. I'm feeling more pessimistic than usual though for some reason. Good luck to you all anyway...it's the hope that kills you!

Edited by gibble
I messed the quote up

27 minutes ago, kyle3000 said:

Missed out on the main sale but gonna try for Coach tickets for the first time. 

Any tips? I live in London but should I go for a coach from another city?

I tried once for coach tickets. Im in london and got the london ones. I'd GUESS that you might have more successful from another town or city but what i would say is don't go for the early wednesday ones. Everyone will go for them. Think i got Wednesday afternoon, or thursday morning (can't remember) and after much nerves got through. good luck. ill be trying desperately for mates.

On 04/04/2017 at 0:54 PM, One Tonne Baby said:

I tried once for coach tickets. Im in london and got the london ones. I'd GUESS that you might have more successful from another town or city but what i would say is don't go for the early wednesday ones. Everyone will go for them. Think i got Wednesday afternoon, or thursday morning (can't remember) and after much nerves got through. good luck. ill be trying desperately for mates.

Loads of coaches from London, so actually more availability. You just have to be prepared to try out various times once through to the main page. Wednesday always more popular, so the advice would be go for Thursday.

Taunton is apparently the last to go.

got two tickets in October, since then my friend got a boyfriend and booked a holiday the same dates as Glastonbury (brilliant). Hoping to get a ticket for my friend in the resale, so they can come with me instead.

If anyone wants to team up, to help each other out, that would be great :)

53 minutes ago, cook555 said:

got two tickets in October, since then my friend got a boyfriend and booked a holiday the same dates as Glastonbury (brilliant). Hoping to get a ticket for my friend in the resale, so they can come with me instead.

If anyone wants to team up, to help each other out, that would be great :)

Wooow, what is wrong with your friend!!

13 minutes ago, scho said:

Is there some kind of secret? The last I heard about tickets getting harder it was because lots of people had backdoor links, HTML things and such... can anyone shed light on this?

Backdoor links don't really exist- some people will post the link for the page after the initial page but it doesn't make the slightest difference by the time it's posted. 

People did claim to have success with some sort of registry hack thing which is far too complex for most of us to faff about with in the time that the sale is active for.  I do suspect that if a fair few people do that, then it messes up the system for the rest of us as it overloads the server. 

I am no IT expert however, as you may be able to tell! 

Edited by Mr.Tease

5 minutes ago, StLewi said:

There was a secret resale too, but it was a 'blink and you miss it' moment.

How does one set up notifications for when this happens? I'm sure there's a way to get a notification when a webpage changes... 

The hack mentioned above was to do with adding an entry into your hostfile so that when you try to reach the site, your traffic didn't have to follow the usual path, it was like having a shortcut into the site. I do believe this hasn't worked for a few years now as the IP changes each time (guessing there's now multiple servers rather than one fixed address traffic would resolve to). It's easy to set up but is most likely fruitless. 

2 hours ago, StLewi said:

There was a secret resale too, but it was a 'blink and you miss it' moment.

2 hours ago, ironmike8 said:

How does one set up notifications for when this happens? I'm sure there's a way to get a notification when a webpage changes... 

The secret resale was genuinely so quick any alerts that weren't once a second were almost useless. I work at a computer and had the page open for about 3 weeks prior to the resale just to make sure. I used the visualping chrome app to check the page once a second. It pings whenever a change is made on the page. They often make multiple changes in the lead up though so it was really making sure you were ready at the drop of a hat. Any email notifications or whatsapp groups were too late in notifying people, not that they're useless, just this particular one was over by the time an email had a chance to process. 

4 hours ago, gibble said:

Am I right in thinking there was only the one resale last year?

There was a secret resale, and I was one of the very very lucky ones that nabbed two tickets for friends in that resale. I literally had my PC up with the reg page filled in (from the week before) and pressed refresh at exacty the right time, and threw in card details - total and utter luck. Neils tracking app worked really well and notified when changes were being made, and it was a case of being glued to a PC when the changes were happening