The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Ah I didn't know that, that's definitely worth knowing!!!

Only based on my experience.  In the past 3 resales when I got tickets all were posted to me as lead booker so unless it's changed it will be the same this time around. Means we should group up with people local to us, which I think is what the spreadsheet is trying to do.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, danielharris627 said:

same, but there is still hope :) I spotted that you replied in my other thread, how many tickets are you after?

Tbc at the moment. Definitely two but there may be two of my other friends who missed out that I will be trying for. Was successful getting the rest of the bunch coach tickets in the main sale but missed out on the Sunday 

33 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Tbc at the moment. Definitely two but there may be two of my other friends who missed out that I will be trying for. Was successful getting the rest of the bunch coach tickets in the main sale but missed out on the Sunday 

painful >.< 

well, I should have quite a few friends trying for me & I'll be trying for a few people on here, happy to try for 2 for you too.

1 hour ago, Newportfestivalgoer said:

Hi all!!

how do I add my name (reg and postcode) to the spreadsheet?

i click on the link above and it says it can't accept anymore requests

am i doing something wrong?

cheers 

Dan

Have a feeling the spreadsheet may have closed for further entries to allow groups to form. But I could be wrong 

2 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Have a feeling the spreadsheet may have closed for further entries to allow groups to form. But I could be wrong 

Thank you again Lucy :)

I helped someone out the other year, a random lady on Glasto Chat on facebook , so would be nice if someone could help me out this year (whilst i obviously try for others :D)

3 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

It was Friday and I missed it :( 

I have always found registering with Shelter a little bit weird.

What their emails say is often not what actually seems to be the case (but hey, they're a charitable organisation, not website designers).

My "as a previous volunteer you get a pre sale type thing" email was sent out on Thursday. I got home from work at about 02:00am on Friday and found it. I tried the link to the T&C's provided and I'm pretty sure it worked (though I maybe had to click around to find the actual registration page), I could have signed up then, despite the email stating "registration opens at 09:00am. I am sure I've experienced this in years previous.

As promised they sent me a direct link to the actual registration page an hour before it supposedly went live. What time did you try on Friday? As I think I also tried it late Friday and it was still live. Have you worked with them before?

Anyway (to get to the point) clicking that link now gives me this:

Sorry

We’re sorry but all our early registration places for volunteering at Glastonbury Festival 2017 are now filled.Please check back here at 10am on Monday 27th February for your second chance to register. Good luck!

[/quote]

http://england.shelter.org.uk/support_us/events/volunteer_at_glastonbury/registration/sorry

So, if I were desperate, I would be checking that link from about 02:00am Monday morning, given Shelter's previous form.

They reckon places went in an hour last year.

Edited by MrZigster

40 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I have always found registering with Shelter a little bit weird.

What their emails say is often not what actually seems to be the case (but hey, they're a charitable organisation, not website designers).

My "as a previous volunteer you get a pre sale type thing" email was sent out on Thursday. I got home from work at about 02:00am on Friday and found it. I tried the link to the T&C's provided and I'm pretty sure it worked (though I maybe had to click around to find the actual registration page), I could have signed up then, despite the email stating "registration opens at 09:00am. I am sure I've experienced this in years previous.

As promised they sent me a direct link to the actual registration page an hour before it supposedly went live. What time did you try on Friday? As I think I also tried it late Friday and it was still live. Have you worked with them before?

Anyway (to get to the point) clicking that link now gives me this:

I heard it was 10am Friday. I completely forgot and tried later in the day but it said registration closed. Haven't worked before 

2 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

I heard it was 10am Friday. I completely forgot and tried later in the day but it said registration closed. Haven't worked before 

Maybe it was only genuinely open to previous volunteers then?

I think the key words from the above (buggered up) quote are "early registration places" and " check back here at 10am on Monday 27th February for your second chance to register. Good luck! ".

Got to be worth a try right! Though I can see it being tough for some to come up with a £300 deposit right at the end of the month.

I have always had a fantastic time with Shelter. Go for it.

Good luck indeed!

shame I've been sidelined health wise for the last while, I've now missed the Shelter and Festaff registrations as I can't be certain I'll be fit for the festival - should be - but I wouldn't feel right committing for volunteering then having to jack in because of health and not being able to go. I'd rather just go all in for tickets in April and then be able to refund if necessary with the insurance thing. Shame!

On 2/25/2017 at 9:02 PM, MrZigster said:

Maybe it was only genuinely open to previous volunteers then?

I think the key words from the above (buggered up) quote are "early registration places" and " check back here at 10am on Monday 27th February for your second chance to register. Good luck! ".

Got to be worth a try right! Though I can see it being tough for some to come up with a £300 deposit right at the end of the month.

I have always had a fantastic time with Shelter. Go for it.

Good luck indeed!

Does anyone know if this is still the case? Keeping an eye out this morning on the off chance

48 minutes ago, FooFighter said:

Does anyone know if this is still the case? Keeping an eye out this morning on the off chance

It's telling me I'm a bit early right now. Worth a try at ten I reckon:

http://england.shelter.org.uk/support_us/events/volunteer_at_glastonbury/registration

Volunteer at Glastonbury

Oops – you're a bit early! Come back to this page at 10am, when registration for volunteering at Glastonbury 2017 will open.

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

shame I've been sidelined health wise for the last while, I've now missed the Shelter and Festaff registrations as I can't be certain I'll be fit for the festival - should be - but I wouldn't feel right committing for volunteering then having to jack in because of health and not being able to go. I'd rather just go all in for tickets in April and then be able to refund if necessary with the insurance thing. Shame!

See my above post. It's looking good. I wouldn't feel too guilty about registering and then not being well enough. They always have plenty of people on stand by lists.

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

See my above post. It's looking good. I wouldn't feel too guilty about registering and then not being well enough. They always have plenty of people on stand by lists.

I got 'told off' by an unnamed poster on here who works at Glasto for failing to grasp the concept of volunteering (I had mentioned the poss of signing up and then dropping out) and he intimated that I shouldn't bother and that he knew of people that worked for those companies.... last thing I want is to upset the apple cart! Basically accused me of trying to do companies out of money etc so thats put me right off the idea. Thanks though mate

Edited by mungo57
username removed