The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

Just now, mr gumby said:

Last time I volunteered through them, you could arrive any time from the Sunday before, but you needed to be there for a health and safety meeting the day before shifts started at the latest. I'm sure you'll get full info before long. I'd recommend getting there before gates open, if you're able to, its great being able to wander the site before gates open, with relatively few people around!

Sounds good man! Glad they let you arrive whenever you like, I'll probably get there on the Tuesday, if that's the case.

Thanks for the info

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Cieran said:

Sounds good man! Glad they let you arrive whenever you like, I'll probably get there on the Tuesday, if that's the case.

Thanks for the info

No worries :)

Last time I arrived on the Monday, thinking either the same or even Sunday this time. Give me a shout when you get there, if you like, and we can have a chat over a cold one! :)

9 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I'd imagine the parties in the volunteer camps would be pretty good?? I'd be getting there on Sunday!

In the evenings, yes. Though I would warn people that they might find themselves killing time if they get there too early - most people on site will be working hard to help build their area during the day.

Personally I'd say arriving Monday Afternoon is about the right balance, get 2 evenings in and Tuesday to wander/relax when assuming the build has gone OK the work has started to wind down and more volunteers have arrived. If I was working this year and arriving any earlier than that I'd probably take my Kindle with me.

Actually, now I think of it, the crew campsites do tend to be relatively quiet, simply because people are starting and finishing shifts at all times of the day and night, and most people respect the fact that their neighbours could be trying to sleep. The crew bars, on the other hand...

On 31/01/2017 at 6:25 AM, mungo57 said:

So...... I might be out......

I've been ill for 2 months now - problems swallowing (still!) And had major pain in my guts for the last few weeks. Been to doctors and hospital and am slowly getting better. Sunday I had crippling gut pain and when I got home I noticed I've randomly got a hernia!

Assuming I can get a GP appt and get an op fairly quickly (lone worker, this will make my job near enough impossible so I will be pushing hard... that and I've been examined only last week and they missed it) I may just make Glasto. If not ill have to give it a miss it seems. According to NHS choices the average wait in my area for repair is 14 weeks so assuming I wait 14 that's halfway through May and they recommend d 6 weeks recovery. Massive crowds with pushing and shoving not a good thing when you've had surgery!

Outfuckingrageous.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-37429824

2 hours ago, OG said:

She's a lot older than me (I'm 29) and I'd suggest they're more likely to operate on me as I am a) a lone worker b ) I need it to be able to do my job properly as its inconvenient having to not bend or lift working alone- there's only so much I can blag before my giving gets sick of me and c) her age. I made sure I pleaded my case to the GP and its all on my file.

From what I've read/found out hernia surgery isn't offered routinely anymore and they prefer to do watchful waiting instead purely to save money. Depends on the area. My hospital is average 14 weeks but that doesn't say whether that's going to see the consultant or just the surgery.

That said ill likely be waiting quite some time hence my reservations about G this year. We shall see. Ill get a ticket in the resale if loss and return it last possible date if I do they have a date by then.

Edited by mungo57

7 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

She's a lot older than me (I'm 29) and I'd suggest they're more likely to operate on me as I am a) a lone worker b ) I need it to be able to do my job properly as its inconvenient having to not bend or lift working alone- there's only so much I can blag before my giving gets sick of me and c) her age. I made sure I pleaded my case to the GP and its all on my file.

From what I've read/found out hernia surgery isn't offered routinely anymore and they prefer to do watchful waiting instead purely to save money. Depends on the area. My hospital is average 14 weeks but that doesn't say whether that's going to see the consultant or just the surgery.

That said ill likely be waiting quite some time hence my reservations about G this year. We shall see. Ill get a ticket in the resale if loss and return it last possible date if I do they have a date by then.

I like the pma 

Just now, wonderwoman76 said:

ive been trawling through the earlier posts on this thread to find the spreadsheet for the unsuccessful who want help betting resale tickets. My god that was a depressing read. It's like reliving the October ticketless hell all over again! And I still didn't find the spreadsheet. 

Here you go https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ot5dMRf0SiEb90DY87Ip_XCJHgOEUHfNM0FcHiqSYbg/edit#gid=0

Great initiative with the big spreadsheet!

This year we're trying to get tickets for a couple of people in the resale. Although this is my fourth Glastonbury there's still something I'm a little unclear on. If you have a bunch of people trying to get two tickets, does the cardholder who pays for the two tickets have to be one of the people those tickets are for? My friends are a bit conflicted on this, and have always felt that it's better to be safe than sorry! This year it's a bit more complicated to ensure all the people trying have the card number of at least one of the people that need tickets....but this big spreadsheet suggests that maybe that isn't the case anyway? Does anyone know for sure? thanks :)

Anyone can buy tickets for anyone else, last year ours were secured by a friend who wasn't going themselves, they paid the deposit with their debit card, we paid the balance with ours.

the only difference with the resale is you pay the full amount on the day

tickets will be posted to the lead booker who is one of the ticket recipients, not the person who actually pays for them

Edited by Smeble

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

tickets will be posted to the lead booker who is one of the ticket recipients, not the person who actually pays for them

Hello Smeble,

Just to clarify - if me and my wife get grouped with another two people (which is the right way forward), will all the tickets go to the lead booker, even though we'll not actually know each other and will live in different parts of the country?

On 11/02/2017 at 2:19 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Smeble,

Just to clarify - if me and my wife get grouped with another two people (which is the right way forward), will all the tickets go to the lead booker, even though we'll not actually know each other and will live in different parts of the country?

I thought that was only for the coach (I.e the email goes to the lead booker) could be wrong though! 

On 11/02/2017 at 2:19 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Smeble,

That is my understanding but I may well be wrong, I'm certainly no expert, I'm sure there are others on here who know more.

Hmm having done a bit of reading I'm not sure it's as simple as tickets go to the lead booker, all it says is tickets are dispatched to the address provided when paying, whether you can provid 2 addresses for 2 separate deliveries in one transaction I don't know. 

You can in the main sale because delivery address is provided when you pay the balance.

Surely this has come up in previous resales?

Edited by Smeble

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

That is my understanding but I may well be wrong, I'm certainly no expert, I'm sure there are others on here who know more.

Hmm having done a bit of reading I'm not sure it's as simple as tickets go to the lead booker, all it says is tickets are dispatched to the address provided when paying, whether you can provid 2 addresses for 2 separate deliveries in one transaction I don't know. 

You can in the main sale because delivery address is provided when you pay the balance.

Surely this has come up in previous resales?

If you get to the booking page, you put the reg numbers and postcodes, then click submit. On the next page, the address etc associated with the first registration you entered should load automatically. You can change it, but obviously it's quicker not to. You won't be able to enter more than one address, so all tickets will be sent to one address. I guess if they're sent to others, you just have to trust them to forward them on to you.

I've bought tickets for people before and had them pay for mine. Tickets go to each individual. So to the address your individual registration is linked to rather than all to the lead booker. That is for normal tickets sales though, not sure if it's the same with coach tickets.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2017 at 10:11 PM, D-Low said:

I've bought tickets for people before and had them pay for mine. Tickets go to each individual. So to the address your individual registration is linked to rather than all to the lead booker. That is for normal tickets sales though, not sure if it's the same with coach tickets.

True for genral sale, all resale tickets go to lead bookers address.