The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, wonderwoman76 said:

How does someone decide they 'don't want to go' to Glastonbury?! What sort of sick world is this??

Some weird people out there. But another ticket for the pot can only be a good thing..

So...... I might be out......

I've been ill for 2 months now - problems swallowing (still!) And had major pain in my guts for the last few weeks. Been to doctors and hospital and am slowly getting better. Sunday I had crippling gut pain and when I got home I noticed I've randomly got a hernia!

Assuming I can get a GP appt and get an op fairly quickly (lone worker, this will make my job near enough impossible so I will be pushing hard... that and I've been examined only last week and they missed it) I may just make Glasto. If not ill have to give it a miss it seems. According to NHS choices the average wait in my area for repair is 14 weeks so assuming I wait 14 that's halfway through May and they recommend d 6 weeks recovery. Massive crowds with pushing and shoving not a good thing when you've had surgery!

Outfuckingrageous.

Edited by mungo57

22 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

So...... I might be out......

I've been ill for 2 months now - problems swallowing (still!) And had major pain in my guts for the last few weeks. Been to doctors and hospital and am slowly getting better. Sunday I had crippling gut pain and when I got home I noticed I've randomly got a hernia!

Assuming I can get a GP appt and get an op fairly quickly (lone worker, this will make my job near enough impossible so I will be pushing hard... that and I've been examined only last week and they missed it) I may just make Glasto. If not ill have to give it a miss it seems. According to NHS choices the average wait in my area for repair is 14 weeks so assuming I wait 14 that's halfway through May and they recommend d 6 weeks recovery. Massive crowds with pushing and shoving not a good thing when you've had surgery!

Outfuckingrageous.

Hope you get yourself sorted there mungo57. I reckon you should still be good to go though, just ease off the moshing B) 

Plenty of people attend with ailments that slow them up, not such a bad thing as you're forced into experiencing a different pace of festival.

Good luck with the op; you'll be fine :)

2 hours ago, oneeye said:

Hope you get yourself sorted there mungo57. I reckon you should still be good to go though, just ease off the moshing B) 

Plenty of people attend with ailments that slow them up, not such a bad thing as you're forced into experiencing a different pace of festival.

Good luck with the op; you'll be fine :)

hope so mate, thats if the GP even refers me for one!

my main problem seems to be standing which there will be a lot of at Glasto..... will have to play it by ear. I'm already doing a ring round of islington assembly hall and hammersmith odeon today to try and switch my next 2 gig tickets from standing to seats to help. I'd be alright if I could afford to spend £30 on a truss which I can't at the minute!

Typical sodding fucking timing knowing my luck they'll give me an op date on the day Radiohead play which would be my no 1 band!

might have been posted already - festaff

Festaff applications for volunteer positions at Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts will be open from Wednesday 15th February at 10am. If you want to be a part of our team at this wonderful event, all you need to do is head to our website and place your application from this date & time. Demand is likely to be high so make haste! There will be detailed information on the Glastonbury event page of our website, so please be sure to read this information thoroughly.

Sister event required per Glastonbury application

You are required to apply/volunteer for another event from the list below (availability allowing) in order to volunteer at Glastonbury; there are choices all around the UK.

Here are the basics:

ID - A current passport, full UK driving licence, or agreed ID with Festaff Management.

Arrive – By 6pm on Monday 19th June 2017.

Depart - You must leave site by noon on Monday 26th June.

Deposit – £170 deposit payment plus a £30 non-refundable admin fee (£200 total).

Shifts – You must complete 3 x 8-hour shifts (or equivalent) plus training.

Role – Gate steward/wristbander.

Accommodation - You must camp on site in our Festaff campsite. No campervans.

Please head to the Glastonbury event page for full details; it is very important that you read this before applying.

Sister events for Glastonbury 2017:

• Standon Calling
  • Creamfields
  • 80’s Rewind Macclesfield, Perth & Henley
  • Bloodstock
  • Kendal Calling
  • Love Supreme
  • Isle of Wight
  • V Festival (North)
  • Camp Bestival
  • Belladrum
  • Common People Oxford & Southampton
  • CarFest North & South
  • Bluedot
  • Bestival
  • Carnival 56
  • We Are FSTVL

If you have any questions, please contact us.

We look forward to working with you this summer!

thanks mate got that email from festaff yesterday, sadly I can't commit to the festival any longer because of this fucking hernia of mine and I don't want to apply and then let them down if the wait for the op drags out so I'll have to pass.

Hopefully somebody on here from us unsuccessful will be able to help out

On 2/1/2017 at 7:08 AM, not worthy said:

Folks, apologies for chucking my hat in the ring so late, but I am happy to help anyone on here out on resale day.

Just need someone to tell me how its going to be organised re payment and who is trying for whom etc etc

I would absolutely love it if you could try for me. Me and my girlfriend were unsuccessful on ticket day because my card got rejected as I was using it from overseas (despite telling my bank I was away). All 11 of my other friends managed to get one except for us :( I'm also coming from New York (interning here) to make matters more difficult, really could've done with having flights & plans set in stone in October :lol:

6 minutes ago, danielharris627 said:

I would absolutely love it if you could try for me. Me and my girlfriend were unsuccessful on ticket day because my card got rejected as I was using it from overseas (despite telling my bank I was away). All 11 of my other friends managed to get one except for us :( I'm also coming from New York (interning here) to make matters more difficult, really could've done with having flights & plans set in stone in October :lol:

Hi, happy to help.

I don't know if there's someone on here organising a master list of those needing help and those willing to help, or if it's less formal than that......anyone know.

If not, then yep, I'll try for you.

If you email me we can work out how to sort it.

4 hours ago, not worthy said:

Hi, happy to help.

I don't know if there's someone on here organising a master list of those needing help and those willing to help, or if it's less formal than that......anyone know.

If not, then yep, I'll try for you.

If you email me we can work out how to sort it.

Much appreciated. I'm sure I've seen some talk of a spreadsheet somewhere in this thread, but I couldn't find it - can someone enlighten us please? 

But anyway, I'll send you a PM. 

On 01/02/2017 at 4:16 PM, danegg said:

Thanks to those posting volunteering links etc- I've heard quite a few reports about festaff, but has anyone here ever worked with WaterAid? Is it worth applying?

Depends if you get the job trying to sign up donators while dressed up as a giant turd. 

14 minutes ago, Cieran said:

Accepted for Small Steps Project! Over the moon to say the least. 

Me too! :)

I was fortunate enough to have a ticket booked already, but I'll refund that once I've got confirmation of my deposit payment etc, so there'll be one more back in the resale pot for someone. See you there! :)

4 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Me too! :)

I was fortunate enough to have a ticket booked already, but I'll refund that once I've got confirmation of my deposit payment etc, so there'll be one more back in the resale pot for someone. See you there! :)

Wicked! 

Do you know what day the Small Steps Project volunteers arrive?

11 minutes ago, Cieran said:

Wicked! 

Do you know what day the Small Steps Project volunteers arrive?

Last time I volunteered through them, you could arrive any time from the Sunday before, but you needed to be there for a health and safety meeting the day before shifts started at the latest. I'm sure you'll get full info before long. I'd recommend getting there before gates open, if you're able to, its great being able to wander the site before gates open, with relatively few people around!