The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello carlos,

I'm sure we can sort this closer to the time but just to say I haven't got a clue how to pick two efesters who aren't already on somebody's list. I haven't yet accessed the list that has been mentioned on here before but suspect that it's mind bogglingly long and possibly too complicated for this rather addled brain. Do you think I (possibly with your help - pretty please with bells on) should sort it out now rather than leave it till closer to the time? I don't know why, but my sixth sense is telling me that now is the better option. Thoughts?

Given my medium term memory, sooner rather than later would be good, I agree.  I'll PM you my email address, can you send me your details and I'll see about adding them to the list. Cheers.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, carlosj said:

Given my medium term memory, sooner rather than later would be good, I agree.  I'll PM you my email address, can you send me your details and I'll see about adding them to the list. Cheers.

Ok, will do. Do you need a list of all those who said they would help me and my wife too. Presumably that's necessary.

I think the idea of closing the list done soon was that people could be group and those in the group would keep in contact between now and the resale days to sort of get to know each other and be comfortable in helping each other out. Also sort out how they will deal with the payment etc.

People don't need to use the list but makes it easier to keep track of who is getting help. Just need to make sure that anyone who is in a group elsewhere gets removed from the list as we don't want people in multiple groups and a single person possibly messing things up for a group.

* The list referred to in this post being the spreadsheet.

Edited by chrismcb

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Ok, will do. Do you need a list of all those who said they would help me and my wife too. Presumably that's necessary.

I don't think it is.  Anyone can help you Yog, and not know the others - the important thing is that they all are trying for the same 4. Once the tickets are bought, the system stops them being bought again, and we all try for the next names on the list.

1 minute ago, chrismcb said:

I think the idea of closing the list done soon was that people could be group and those in the group would keep in contact between now and the resale days to sort of get to know each other and be comfortable in helping each other out. Also sort out how they will deal with the payment etc.

People don't need to use the list but makes it easier to keep track of who is getting help. Just need to make sure that anyone who is in a group elsewhere gets removed from the list as we don't want people in multiple groups and a single person possibly messing things up for a group.

Cheers chrismcb, and I think it's a great help to set up groups for whoever wants to use them..  I've just found your list link, and will add Yoghurt and MrsYoghurt, and chat with 2 more on there to make the Gang of 4.  It's that multiple membership that I'm avoiding - it caused me problems with one of our groups where we added 2 people on the day, who were then bought by someone else, and so the first 2 missed out.

@chrismcb I now notice that I have to add details via a link - is there anyway to go back afterwards and group Yog+1 with 2 more names manually, or is that something you can do?

Just now, carlosj said:

I don't think it is.  Anyone can help you Yog, and not know the others - the important thing is that they all are trying for the same 4. Once the tickets are bought, the system stops them being bought again, and we all try for the next names on the list.

This may sound greedy but it's not meant to be - how do all the people that have said they'd help me and my wife get to know our details and those of the other two efesters who will be tagged with us?

1 minute ago, carlosj said:

Cheers chrismcb, and I think it's a great help to set up groups for whoever wants to use them..  I've just found your list link, and will add Yoghurt and MrsYoghurt, and chat with 2 more on there to make the Gang of 4.  It's that multiple membership that I'm avoiding - it caused me problems with one of our groups where we added 2 people on the day, who were then bought by someone else, and so the first 2 missed out.

@chrismcb I now notice that I have to add details via a link - is there anyway to go back afterwards and group Yog+1 with 2 more names manually, or is that something you can do?

You just fill out the form for each reg number. For the efest name just put the person who wants the ticket. So if Yog wants two tickets that will be two entries with his username and different reg numbers.

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

This may sound greedy but it's not meant to be - how do all the people that have said they'd help me and my wife get to know our details and those of the other two efesters who will be tagged with us?

If you already have your group of 4 I can add that to the sheet. Then other volunteers can get your details from the sheet. We can add the volunteers to the group also.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

If they are on this forum, they can look at the list via the thread.  If they're not on the forum, a link can be sent to them because it's a Google link (online storage), or you get those details off the list and email it to them.

Just now, chrismcb said:

If you already have your group of 4 I can add that to the sheet. Then other volunteers can get your details from the sheet. We can add the volunteers to the group also.

Hello chrismcb

I don't actually have another two efesters to add to me and my wifes shot at this. I also don't really have a clue how to fairly pick two people from all those off here who want help. The solution to this currently eludes me. Can you think of the best course of action?

Hello chrismcb

I don't actually have another two efesters to add to me and my wifes shot at this. I also don't really have a clue how to fairly pick two people from all those off here who want help. The solution to this currently eludes me. Can you think of the best course of action?

You may see some efesters on the list that you know and would be comfortable pairing with. Or you go by distance. i.e. when you add your details to the list it calculates the distance between you and others  (based on postcode) and there is another sheet showing those nearest to you. This may help as its the first person on the list that gets all the tickets. If you are near someone, you could collect the tickets anytime etc.

You can go on the list, if at anytime you want to be remove just say and we'll remove you :)

Edited by chrismcb

Hello chrismcb

Email me your details today and I'll add those on, then we can sort out the remaining 2.

Just now, chrismcb said:

You may see some efesters on the list that you know and would be comfortable pairing with. Or you go by distance. i.e. when you add your details to the list it calculates the distance between you and others  (based on postcode) and there is another sheet showing those nearest to you. This may help as its the first person on the list that gets all the tickets. If you are near someone, you could collect the tickets anytime etc.

You can go on the list, if at anytime you want to be remove just say and we'll remove you :)

My apologies, I've been up all night galavanting and just can't fathom this out. If truth be known I don't think I'd have got it even if I was sober as I really am crap at this sort of thing. I've seen carlos's post after your one so think it's best if I liaise with him. Sounds like I can just send our details and by some process another two names will be added. Thanks for attempting to guide me on this one. :)

You just a group of 4 that need tickets. Those in the group will try and get tickets for those 4 people. You could then have other volunteers who already have tickets trying for these 4 also, as long as they weren't trying for one/two/three out of the group, needs to be all 4. That's where issue of trust comes in, if its two groups of two then each group would need to be willing to pay for 4 tickets and then whoever did not get the tickets send the money to the person who did get them. The problem to work out would be for volunteers. Can't expect them to stump up around £1k for others! So this is where some mentioned pre-paid credit cards as a possibility. The two groups add the money to the card, those details are then given to a volunteer (you trust and have got to know) once they get to the ticket buying page.

Obviously it doesn't have to be all groups of 4. Some will have smaller groups.

Its not the most straight forward!

Seetickets have a lot to answer for!! I wonder if they realise what pain they are putting people thru!

As an aside does anyone know on average the number of tickets that are in the resales? Is there ever an indication?

3 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

As an aside does anyone know on average the number of tickets that are in the resales? Is there ever an indication?

Glasto keep it close to their chest, but the suggestion is generally that it's a few thousand.

Personally I reckon it's more like 10k, perhaps even higher, based on the numbers who post here saying they got one.

Cheers dropbeat. Nice to see so many helpful people out there..

just out of interest what is the form regarding money/payment should people get lucky in the resale on behalf of someone else? What have people done in previous years?