The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep, loads of peeps got tickets via that in the secret sale. :)

Unfortunately the Take That sale this morning has sent the system alert crazy, so i've turned it off while I write a trap for the error the page is giving at time today.

And credits will be refunded for those who are currently signed up.

The system has now been updated to trap the errors seen this morning, and it's been turned back on.

If you want instant text alerts & emails when the tickets page changes, sign up at http://www.checkpage.co.uk

Is there or has there been any pattern to secret resales?.Are they just random between now and resale or more likely soon.

After tickets for my daughter + 1. Interested in checkpage but i know i'll be paying for it. 

Edited by Gasgull

2 minutes ago, Gasgull said:

Is there or has there been any pattern to secret resales?.Are they just random between now and resale or more likely soon.

After tickets for my daughter + 1. Interested in checkpage but i know i'll be paying for it. 

The secret resales would normally only be after the resale (April most likely), perhaps around 2-3 weeks afterwards, it depends on availability obviously, some years there have been more than one secret resale, tend to go in a very few minutes, and as they are supposed to be 'secret' the only pattern in the past has been a relatively short time after the resale when they can determine how many tickets may remain available. I've never heard there is any set pattern to a specific day or time of day.

what Avalon said.

I think the secret ones are after both the resale and the refund deadline, which would make them any time after the first weekend in May I think. I think the refund deadline is at the beginning of May and after that will be the secret sales.

I may be wrong but I remember the secret sales having always been on a weekday.

12 minutes ago, Gasgull said:

The last few years there's only been entrance ticket secret sales after the last refund date. It'll probably be the same this year, tho nit might not be.

Some of those currently using checkpage are using it for alerts to get a cv ticket. These did go on 'secret' sale quite a few times last year, with the first not too long after the main sale.

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

@Mardy and @grumpyhack - Put me down on your resale day helpers list as well

@Mardy, I'm happy to help in the resales, but with loads of people trying for you and some others on here, will you be sorting out a set list of 4 names, so that we don't end up with 1 or 2 in an overlap group having been got, and then crashing out for the remaining ones? Grumpy's sorted for 4, and I'm offering help with Yog in March to get 2 more names in his group. Sorry if that's already discussed and done.

Does the alert system work for those of us in Ireland? Might use it for Worthy View alerts.

Regarding the ticketless sheet, I've added a new sheet so people can see the other efesters needing tickets that are ordered by those closest to them. May or may not be of use, but its there if any wanted to check it out! Should auto update if others add their info.

Edited by chrismcb

I've been trying to add my details, but the sheet says it's protected. Am I doing something wrong?

Great initiative by the way! If I happen to be able to get a ticket on the first resale date I'll definitely join to help others on the later dates! :)

48 minutes ago, Robinn said:

I've been trying to add my details, but the sheet says it's protected. Am I doing something wrong?

Great initiative by the way! If I happen to be able to get a ticket on the first resale date I'll definitely join to help others on the later dates! :)

You need add details using the form here

I've had the luck of the Irish this year getting tickets, camper van west and worthy view (back up plan as our van is without a tow as it stands at the moment!) I'm more than happy to help out on the resale with my kids pushing the refresh buttons if anyone want me to... Not sure my luck will hold out but happy to try for you x

2 hours ago, chrismcb said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick you can add your details to the list and stick those who have said they'd help you in the group column if you wanted to keep track. Or you can keep track yourself, option is there if you need it ;)

Hello chrismcb. :)

At the moment I'm keeping my own track as I'm waiting for a response from one of my wife's brothers as to whether him and his son need a ticket. This confuses the situation somewhat because a lot of those who have volunteered to help me and my wife might want to help two efesters on top of that rather than help two unknowns (and I wouldn't blame them for thinking that way either). The best case scenario is that my wife's brother and his son decide not to go (they have been before but in a campervan, which wouldn't be an option for them next year). This would mean that two efesters could be added to me and my wife's attempt at getting tickets. However, I have already sent another of my wife's brothers (who has got a ticket for next year) an email asking him to get in touch with his brother and let me know what they are doing - and I haven't heard back yet. Does any of that last bit make sense I ask myself?

I'll just have to wait and see for the moment. If I'm honest I'd rather two efesters came on board with me and my wife. Although my wife does have an efests account she doesn't use it. However, I think she deserves a ticket because she calls efests my other woman because I spend so much time on here. I'm really not trying to forge a seperate path on my own - I just need an answer from my wife's brother. And I'm dreading him saying yes please attempt to get me two tickets.

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello chrismcb. :)

At the moment I'm keeping my own track as I'm waiting for a response from one of my wife's brothers as to whether him and his son need a ticket. This confuses the situation somewhat because a lot of those who have volunteered to help me and my wife might want to help two efesters on top of that rather than help two unknowns (and I wouldn't blame them for thinking that way either). The best case scenario is that my wife's brother and his son decide not to go (they have been before but in a campervan, which wouldn't be an option for them next year). This would mean that two efesters could be added to me and my wife's attempt at getting tickets. However, I have already sent another of my wife's brothers (who has got a ticket for next year) an email asking him to get in touch with his brother and let me know what they are doing - and I haven't heard back yet. Does any of that last bit make sense I ask myself?

I'll just have to wait and see for the moment. If I'm honest I'd rather two efesters came on board with me and my wife. Although my wife does have an efests account she doesn't use it. However, I think she deserves a ticket because she calls efests my other woman because I spend so much time on here. I'm really not trying to forge a seperate path on my own - I just need an answer from my wife's brother. And I'm dreading him saying yes please attempt to get me two tickets.

Don't worry if they say yeah Yog, I'll still help you out in the resales and I'm sure everyone else will.:)