The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

When was it this year?

As in October, we will be giving the first opportunity to book tickets to those who choose to travel to the Festival by coach. The resale for Ticket + Coach packages will take place at 6pm on Thursday, 14th April.

That will be followed by a resale of General Admission Tickets, at 9am on Sunday, 17th April. General Admission Tickets cost £228 + £5 booking fee (with postage by Royal Mail Special Delivery charged at £7.75 per order).

7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You know that I said that me and my wife weren't going to go to Glastonbury next year - well that's no longer the case. Once my wife heard that Radiohead are playing she now wants to go to see them at all costs. She first heard the band when she was locked up in a psychiatric unit after having made a serious attempt at taking her own life. While in there here brother visited and gave her a cd of the band. She listened to it over and over and over again, and it got her out of the dark place where she was in.

I'd love for her to see the band live at Glastonbury, so any offers of help come the resales would be beyond fantastic. I, for one, would be eternally grateful as I'd love to make this experience come true for her.

Forgive me if you see this posted elsewhere, but I've just got to make this happen.

I can lend a hand come April, you will be there!

21 minutes ago, Jobseeker said:

I can lend a hand come April, you will be there!

I'm going to make a confession because I'd rather you know the full truth, than not. My initial thought was to check your history so that I knew it would be OK to pass my bank details to you. I've got to say that my initial reaction was a wave of apprehension as you've not been around here as long as my then perceived cut off date for accepting offers of help from an efester. Obviously this is kind of a test case on what's been said on this thread earlier, in terms of where the cut off point is, so is important.

So, to my conclusion (and to do a full reverse turn on what I have previously said on here). Yes, I'd love to take you up on your offer because my heart is telling me that you are an efester proper, and because I'd run through brick walls to see the pleasure on my wife's face as Radiohead play at Glastonbury next year and we are there.

45 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm going to make a confession because I'd rather you know the full truth, than not. My initial thought was to check your history so that I knew it would be OK to pass my bank details to you. I've got to say that my initial reaction was a wave of apprehension as you've not been around here as long as my then perceived cut off date for accepting offers of help from an efester. Obviously this is kind of a test case on what's been said on this thread earlier, in terms of where the cut off point is, so is important.

So, to my conclusion (and to do a full reverse turn on what I have previously said on here). Yes, I'd love to take you up on your offer because my heart is telling me that you are an efester proper, and because I'd run through brick walls to see the pleasure on my wife's face as Radiohead play at Glastonbury next year and we are there.

yeah no worries that is completely understandable I have been lurking on here since 2014 but only more recently decided to start posting, mainly because of everything Radiohead related! 

Yeah so basically, I get that it seems somewhat dodgy just handing over your details to someone you have never met! But hopefully when the resale comes around that I will be able to repay your trust & get you in, I normally get more excited when I manage to get in for others than I do for myself anyways and luckily our group managed to get in when needed this year so I am free f5er when it comes to the resale. Are you trying in the coach resale because that was dead easy last year I thought?

Okay so give me a nudge if I forget when April comes around as I will likely forget with my sieve brain

5 minutes ago, Jobseeker said:

yeah no worries that is completely understandable I have been lurking on here since 2014 but only more recently decided to start posting, mainly because of everything Radiohead related! 

Yeah so basically, I get that it seems somewhat dodgy just handing over your details to someone you have never met! But hopefully when the resale comes around that I will be able to repay your trust & get you in, I normally get more excited when I manage to get in for others than I do for myself anyways and luckily our group managed to get in when needed this year so I am free f5er when it comes to the resale. Are you trying in the coach resale because that was dead easy last year I thought?

Okay so give me a nudge if I forget when April comes around as I will likely forget with my sieve brain

Really appreciated, thanks Jobseeker. :)

I've never gone by coach before and didn't really think about it as an option before earlier tonight. I guess I should go for it because it increases the chances of actually getting a ticket. I've never really read about the coach package threads in any detail before but from what I can gather, there is the possibility that you might have to get a coach from miles away from where you live and have to go back to that point and then travel from there all the way home. Is this accurate do you know? I'd prefer to drive there and back, but going for that would mean possibly missing out on getting any tickets, and I'm not really sure that that is an option. Will have to make a decision at some point, but can't make it right now.

Yes, I'll give you a shout closer to the time, and thanks for the help once again.

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Really appreciated, thanks Jobseeker. :)

I've never gone by coach before and didn't really think about it as an option before earlier tonight. I guess I should go for it because it increases the chances of actually getting a ticket. I've never really read about the coach package threads in any detail before but from what I can gather, there is the possibility that you might have to get a coach from miles away from where you live and have to go back to that point and then travel from there all the way home. Is this accurate do you know? I'd prefer to drive there and back, but going for that would mean possibly missing out on getting any tickets, and I'm not really sure that that is an option. Will have to make a decision at some point, but can't make it right now.

Yes, I'll give you a shout closer to the time, and thanks for the help once again.

I don't have much info first hand yet, I sort of bottled waiting for the main sale this year and thought I would try and maximise my chances like you said and try for a coach package. 

But yeah I think there are a number of places they will go from so for me I'm going on the Southampton one and will have to make my way there to the coach station and the opposite  on the Monday so I can be a bit of agg depending on how far you have to go and when.

From what I've heard it sounds pretty smooth sailing, the only thing is the limit on how much you can take on some coaches, but anyways you have plenty of time to weigh up whether or not you fancy it.

and please please please, don't mention it. I'm sure you would do the same for someone else if you got in.

1 hour ago, Jobseeker said:

I don't have much info first hand yet, I sort of bottled waiting for the main sale this year and thought I would try and maximise my chances like you said and try for a coach package. 

But yeah I think there are a number of places they will go from so for me I'm going on the Southampton one and will have to make my way there to the coach station and the opposite  on the Monday so I can be a bit of agg depending on how far you have to go and when.

From what I've heard it sounds pretty smooth sailing, the only thing is the limit on how much you can take on some coaches, but anyways you have plenty of time to weigh up whether or not you fancy it.

and please please please, don't mention it. I'm sure you would do the same for someone else if you got in.

I don't suppose the taking stuff would be a problem as I know people who will be working there and getting on to site before the public, and they would take a lot of stuff in for us. In addition to that I've mentioned it to my wife and she thinks that it would be nice for me not to have to drive (which means that I could finally 'do' a Sunday night at Glastonbury, which I have never done before). I think that we will end up going for the coach tickets, but would need to build in the proviso that it would arrive in time for me to get to the efests meet and then wouldn't leave until about 5pm on the Monday.

I did actually get someone a ticket this year. As I wasn't (as was then) going to the festival, I offered my services to buy others off here ticket(s) on the Sunday morning. I managed to get one efester a ticket and she was over the moon.

If you get a coach ticket you have to travel on the coach to get your ticket. You will have paid for your return journey but you don't "have" to use that part. You could get a lift with friends, get the train etc. Useful if you are going out of your way on the way there.

I guess that's something to think about generally when trying for resale coach. We will need to know how far out of the way individuals are willing to travel. Something to discuss when in our groups.

It's good to see so many people on here willing to lend a hand with Glastonbury ticket purchase.  Restores my faith in humanity. 

Beers will be on me should I become successful , via any method, in gaining access to next years glasto. 

I didn't realise how gutted I'd be should I fail in the main sale.. I was in the depths of despair in the hours post main sale. My wife asked why a small crack appeared in the top corner of the screen of my laptop. I of course didn't tell her I slammed the lid down in anger after my failure during the main sale..I blamed the cat! 

Fingers crossed until next April!!

20 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You know that I said that me and my wife weren't going to go to Glastonbury next year - well that's no longer the case. Once my wife heard that Radiohead are playing she now wants to go to see them at all costs. She first heard the band when she was locked up in a psychiatric unit after having made a serious attempt at taking her own life. While in there here brother visited and gave her a cd of the band. She listened to it over and over and over again, and it got her out of the dark place where she was in.

I'd love for her to see the band live at Glastonbury, so any offers of help come the resales would be beyond fantastic. I, for one, would be eternally grateful as I'd love to make this experience come true for her.

Forgive me if you see this posted elsewhere, but I've just got to make this happen.

Ill definitely join in to help.

Thank you so much for setting this up @chrismcb. Your organisation and effort will (hopefully) result in some very happy people in April. I have added the details for the two coach tickets we're after, and will obviously do my utmost to help anyone else i can. Many thanks again.

On 23/10/2016 at 9:45 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can vouch for Jobseeker. He is my fiances, cousins, boyfriend (sounds like a tedious headline rumour link) and we have gone to glasto together for the last 3 years and are going in the same group again next year. He actually got my tickets this year for me in the main sale, whilst already having his own in the coach sale. I got his for him in the coach sale, so he did owe me one!

Whilst I have not posted a huge amount on here (more of a lurker) you will see I have been a member for some 12 years, so hopefully will put your mind at rest in regards to handing your details over!

1 hour ago, hez said:

I can vouch for Jobseeker. He is my fiances, cousins, boyfriend (sounds like a tedious headline rumour link) and we have gone to glasto together for the last 3 years and are going in the same group again next year. He actually got my tickets this year for me in the main sale, whilst already having his own in the coach sale. I got his for him in the coach sale, so he did owe me one!

Whilst I have not posted a huge amount on here (more of a lurker) you will see I have been a member for some 12 years, so hopefully will put your mind at rest in regards to handing your details over!

Hello hez

Thanks for taking the time to post that, it's greatly appreciated. That said, I'd already concluded that Jobseeker was 'one of us' and was to be trusted. I really appreciate his offer of help in the resales, as I do you vouching for him. Nice one. :)

We were unsuccessful for the first time this year :(

Planned a trip to Hong Kong/Bali just after the first weekend in October thinking we would get tickets before we went away. And then the tickets were sold in the second weekend instead. Still tried from Bali but didn't have any luck unfortunately. Ticket day was also my birthday so although I was spending the day in a fantastic place it was pretty bittersweet that we didn't manage to get tickets! 

I've been a "lurker" of this site for years but thought I'd sign up to wish everyone luck in the resale.

Fingers crossed we'll all be happy in April :) 

On 23/10/2016 at 1:53 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

If I'm not away I'm happy to help Yog. My wife suffers with bi-polar disorder so I understand where you are coming from. Not sure how this would work in practice though.

Nick

Am i correct in thinking its only 2 tickets for coach resales? I don't know if its already in place, but could there be a rollover system implemented, if people get tickets in the coach resales they're automatically allocated to help someone on the main sales? Thanks for all your work Chris.